Can we get LHDC codec in OnePlus 9R through software update? via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black

1. ShubhamCosmos , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Aug 11, 2021 :
    I am planning to purchase OnePlus Buds pro once it gets released in India but my device doesn't have LHDC codec to take full benefit of this tws. OnePlus 9R has LDAC, SBC etc codecs but not LHDC (Attached screenshot)
    View attachment 1684087

2. bhan_7
    Eclair Aug 24, 2021

Best Answer
    bhan_7 , via OnePlus 9R , Aug 24, 2021 :
    Look what I found on OnePlus China Website.

4. LHDC™ currently only supports OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 9 Pro, and is compatible with other Android devices that support LHDC™. The system needs to be updated to the latest version.

3. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Aug 11, 2021

drmartin , Aug 11, 2021 :
    "3. Available on LHDC codec-compatible android devices only. Among OnePlus phone models, said feature shall be limited to the OnePlus 9 Pro/9, devices scheduled for upgrade to the next OxygenOS version within 2021 via OTA and subsequent smartphone releases. Nord devices, however, shall not be supporting LHDC."
    https://www.oneplus.com/oneplus-buds-pro

4. G_plusone
    Nougat Aug 11, 2021

G_plusone , Aug 11, 2021 :
    They could do it. But will they try to do it?
    When will they implement it?
    No answers for this as of now @ShubhamCosmos

So no 9R!

Caomhin and Starcommander like this.
  5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 11, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Aug 11, 2021 :
    Hopefully they just forgot to mention 9R, since it's treated the same regarding the extended software support. But I guess we see. It could also mean "not on this side of 2021" rather than never.

G_plusone likes this.
  6. bhan_7
    Eclair Aug 14, 2021

bhan_7 , via OnePlus 9R , Aug 14, 2021 :
    I already feel like a fool giving OnePlus another try after owning 6, 6T and a 7 Pro. When OnePlus talks about 9 series it always leaves out the 9R behind. That's also fine. But atleast they should keep things at par with the 9 series if they want to keep the 9R a separate identity. If you see almost in every department they are just ignoring the 9R, like we bought it for free from somewhere. WE LITERALLY PAID 40000+ FOR THIS USELESS BRICK!

KRISHNAM. and Murali Vihar like this.

8. Does!Compute
    KitKat Aug 16, 2021

Does!Compute , Aug 16, 2021 :
    Is it?

9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 16, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Aug 16, 2021 :
    A best answer has been marked. It's not the same as closing it. If it was you would not be able to write anything here.

Does!Compute likes this.
  10. ShubhamCosmos , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Aug 18, 2021 :
    1629280493881.jpg
    Ok I'll correct my previous comment, it is showing as *Solved not Closed, but the fact remains same that what I have asked (in context to 9R) is still not clearly answered.
    So what is solved here?

And regarding your point about best answer, who marked it?
    I haven't.
    Is it answering what I asked about 9R?
    It isn't.

Just because it got highest number of likes, it is marked as best answer and hence thread is Solved, are you serious?😐

Moderator or whoever is controlling these things can do a much better job. Atleast there should be some definite conclusion (Yes or No is this case) before marking it as solved.

11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 18, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Aug 18, 2021 :
    When the intention is to mark the best available answer as best answer it automatically also marks it as solved. It's not always correct to say the best answer is the solution though.

12. ShubhamCosmos , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Aug 18, 2021 :
    This can be misleading and needs correction.
    Anyhow, let's not deviate from what this thread is originally about.

13. ShubhamCosmos , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Aug 18, 2021 :
    Kind of agree with you for most of the part except those last 2 words you've used. I can also relate to the frustration but calling that it is a useless brick would be way too harsh for the device and insult to the money that we've spent on it.
    Hope 'right people' are seeing this comment section and things get better soon.

kWinz and bhan_7 like this.
  14. bhan_7
    Eclair Aug 19, 2021

bhan_7 , via OnePlus 9R , Aug 19, 2021 :
    This is the exact reason why used so many harsh words.
    1629383423194.jpg
    This is the Indian OnePlus website isn't it? Still you could see 9R missing in the point 16. I mean yes I know that Dolby Atmos is available on the 9R but why always they neglect this device in every official statement or announcement? This is absolutely ridiculous.

KRISHNAM. likes this.
  15. G_plusone
    Nougat Aug 25, 2021

G_plusone , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Documentation errors are very common in OnePlus site so it could be likely that they have left the 9R out as a mistake on the India specific site

16. bhan_7
    Eclair Aug 25, 2021

bhan_7 , via OnePlus 9R , Aug 25, 2021 :
    This has indeed become a habit to commit those errors.

17. Gamemasterex007 , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Aug 25, 2021 :
    So will the 8 series (8 ,8 pro and 8T) be getting the LHDC codec support or not? I came across this statement quite a few days ago and couldn't get a clear understanding

18. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Aug 26, 2021

drmartin , Aug 26, 2021 :
    This is the only statement which is given: "said feature shall be limited to the OnePlus 9 Pro/9".

Caomhin likes this.

20. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 27, 2021

drmartin likes this.