Canada RMA(cracked screen) nightmare

1. Pantea
    Froyo May 4, 2017

Pantea , May 4, 2017 :
    Hello,

I wanted to write up this forum post to give some clarity to people whether they should use the RMA service Oneplus provides. This is just what I have gone through so far, and now I understand all the complaints about bad service.

4/17/17 - 17 days ago
    Contacted Oneplus to start the RMA process.

4/19/17
    I was given a rough quote on the price of the parts - $69.99 for parts only + labour and shipping after its been quoted. I accepted and prepared my package.

4/21/17
    My package was received by Futuretel(partnered company in Markham)

So far everything pretty smoothly, but this is where everything hit a road block.

4/28/17 - 11 days later
    I contacted Oneplus about the status of my phone, and they told me it was being REPAIRED. This was obviously not true I haven't even been given a quote or paid for it. They then said they would escalate the ticket and figure out whats happening.

5/3/17
    They are saying that they are waiting for the quote to come from Furutel, and still dont know whats happening.

5/4/17
    Contacted support and asked about the status, and they went BACK to saying that it is being repaired.

after all this i decided to call Futuretel and give it shot.

5/4/17
    Futuretel: Spoke with a representative on the phone and said that the phone has been inspected and they sent Oneplus all the information they need already. Thats all the help they could give me, and that I need to contact Oneplus

Oneplus: I called them and the agent put me on hold and looked into it. They still have no idea whats wrong with it and told me she will again escalate the ticket and to keep checking my email for a quote or something.

So far, its been almost 3 weeks and looks like it will take much longer. I knew the service was bad but this is beyond that. If anyone is interested I can keep the updates going and ill post the quote to repair if anyone else is wondering what it costs.

2. Deactivated User
    May 4, 2017

Robin Rocks and Pantea like this.
  3. Murman
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2017

4. Android450
    Marshmallow May 4, 2017

Pantea likes this.
  5. Pantea
    Froyo May 4, 2017

Pantea , May 4, 2017 :
    Update!

So finally after some calls they've finally gave me a response.

The repair quote done by Futuretel, was actually done the same day it was delivered, based on the inspection sheet. Which means there was a problem between the Oneplus and Futuretel, (both these two companies are known for horrible cusomter service).

Conslusion:

After 17 days, Oneplus was able to tell me my phone is broken, and what i must do to repair it(something that they said would take 2 business days).

Android450 likes this.
  6. Android450
    Marshmallow May 4, 2017

Android450 , May 4, 2017 :
    I hope you can get your phone back soon. Here in the US I sent my phone to Acer for repair, there was some miscommunication but ultimately I got my phone back repaired in a week

7. Pantea
    Froyo May 4, 2017

Pantea , May 4, 2017 :
    Ya that sounds right, and I understand there are issues that happen which will delay the process. The best thing I can tell others is just do anything to avoid having to actually use the Oneplus customer service. In my case be more diligent with the phone so I don't need a repair.

My problem is that when I purchased my OPO for $359 CAD, I understand that they have to cut corners, and their service is usually what takes the hit, but that is no longer the case. The new phones are the same price as any other phone, and if im paying the same price they need to match the same service I would get from samsung or google or whatever it may be.

Android450 likes this.
  8. Justin709
    Honeycomb May 4, 2017

Justin709 , May 4, 2017 :
    Just do what I do. Buy new parts online. Bring it to a local reputable repair guy or gal ;) They will have it fixed in about 2 hours. If you dropped the phone and broke the screen the warranty is cancelled anyways.
    It sucks tho you are having a lot of trouble. Good Luck!

Pantea likes this.
  9. Android450
    Marshmallow May 4, 2017

Android450 , May 4, 2017 :
    Yeah there's absolutely no excuse. OnePlus needs to be on top of their partners because ultimately they are doing the repairs and are shipping the products back.

Pantea likes this.
  10. omarchic
    Gingerbread May 5, 2017

omarchic , May 5, 2017 :
    I'm really thinking to go back to Apple .
    no issues at all with their products .

and if there is. your phone will be replaced at no cost

Pantea likes this.
  11. omarchic
    Gingerbread May 5, 2017

omarchic , May 5, 2017 :
    I've had very bad experience with op after sall care.
    they wanted to charge me €270 euros to fix faulty screen . even when the phone was only 3 months old

Pantea likes this.
  12. ep2014
    Gingerbread May 5, 2017

ep2014 , May 5, 2017 :
    Fir why it's worth, I had to go through Futuretel for a reboot issue on my wife's LG G4. This was a few days before the Easter holiday. They repaired and replaced it within a week. Excellent service.... Which means this is a OnePlus problem, not a Futuretel one.

Pantea likes this.
  13. antwan.reynolds
    Eclair May 5, 2017

14. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2017

F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm , May 5, 2017 :
    lol and? Have you been awaiting they will repair what you have broke down .LOL do you live on this planet ?
    dont even try to state it has been broken when shipped to you since if this would be the case you wont be waiting for 3 mounts to get it repaired

15. agarwal.lalit91
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2017

agarwal.lalit91 , Jun 20, 2017 :
    Hi OP, How much did it cost you finally in CAD to get the screen repaired including shipping charges and taxes? Also did you have to ship the device to the US to get it repaired?

16. tsk06
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2017

tsk06 , Jul 24, 2017 :
    Hi,

Here my honest opinion, oneplus phones are amazing but the customer service are a real mess.
    Long story short I broke my onplus3 glass and called CS to have it send it away for repair, I spoke to a girl saying that if it takes more than 2 weeks I will need the phone to be send in France instead of UK as I am moving out of the country I won't able to take from my previous address in London, she said it won't be a problem as I can change it after receiving the quote for the charge repair. A week later after sending my phone and before confirming the payment I double check that they had the right address and then surprise, nothing was on my ticket number and they nicely told me that they could not change the address for another country.
    As they record phone conversation I gave them the ticket number name and time about the person who gave me the wrong information, afterward they kind of covered up the fact that one of their colleagues made a mistake and nicely tried to said that it was my fault.
    Mistake could happen which I understand, but trying to blame me for they staff mistake is a joke. After been talking to maybe 10 different people which none of them were trying to find a solution, at the end I was just fed up and told them as I just want to get my phone back and will pay for delivery fees as its was just getting silly, and now the funny part is that its still not confirmed as they need approval from head management. Its been 4 days now I have been calling them and CS staff said to me someone will call me back within a hour which obviously no one did yet ...

Its been almost 2 weeks now and no follow up and no one got back to me, I am still pending for a certain Marilou Supervisor CS to call me back since Thursday evening.
    Now my second thing is about CS staff, as it was getting ridiculous I asked Names and employee number to check with their manager and none of them gave it to me as they just said management will call me back ...

I am not the type of guy to complain but now it is just ridiculous, my advice is that if you broke your screen I will definitely recommend you to have it repair in a local phone shop, oneplus charged me 65GBP for screen and 28 for shipment and my local one was 130 GBP, I definitely recommend to pay extra money but to have it done quicker and witouth headache ...

Now names I was in contact with: Supervisor Marilou, CS Richel, CS Christina, CS Janet.
    I am also working for the brand The North Face, after talking to my colleagues head of online customer service, he told me that it was definitely wrong and staff should give they employee number if customer asked for it.
    Is oneplus CS different from other CS ?

The issue is still on, I have been waiting all morning for them to call me back even if I called them twice already ...

Let you guys know when I got updates.

Thanks,
    Tom

_DEDSEC_ likes this.