[Submitted] Canadian Simcard from Telus company doesn't get data access.

1. Mr.Singh.21
    Froyo Feb 26, 2021

Mr.Singh.21 , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Hello,
    I bought a OnePlus Nord from India and trying to use it with Canadian Simcard company Telus. I have tried both Simcard slots but cannot get data access. Calls and messages are working fine. I called Telus for further support and they suggested to add APN manually. I tried to add the APN manually but cannot save it. Phone gives me error message ," Operator does not allow adding APNs of type *. I tried all other Carrier simcards and everything works fine, why this issue is with only Telus.

2. felix4freeddm
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2021

3. Mr.Singh.21
    Froyo Feb 28, 2021

Mr.Singh.21 , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 28, 2021 :
    I recently upgraded my software to OS 10.5.11 to see if the issue is fixed but it wasn't so I used the link to report bugs. Somebody from OnePlus team is in touch with me through emails. They suggested me to Capture Logs and update it in OneDrive or Google Drive. I just completed this so now I am waiting for their reply.

4. Mr.Singh.21
    Froyo Mar 9, 2021

Mr.Singh.21 , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 9, 2021 :
    Hi Felix,
    Telus simcards are working now. Please update your software to OxygenOS11 (if you haven't done so). You might not see the update from settings so i would recommend installing the OxygenUpdater app and use that to update your software. Once done then insert your Telus simcard in your phone. It should work.

5. lamyamyamy
    Donut May 23, 2021

lamyamyamy , May 23, 2021 :
    Hi Mr.Singh.21,

I'm a newb at this so please excuse my probably obvious question, but the Nord series is now compatible with the Telus network? I had a 3T I want to replace with a N10, and move to public mobile (telus subsidiary) but before I want to make sure it is working before I do. The online Telus agent couldn't tell me. Please confirm,

Many thanks,
    ~amy

Last edited: May 23, 2021

7. lamyamyamy
    Donut May 24, 2021

lamyamyamy , May 24, 2021 :
    If that isn't a bother at all I would appreciate it, thank you!

8. Mr.Singh.21
    Froyo May 24, 2021

9. Mr.Singh.21
    Froyo May 26, 2021

Mr.Singh.21 , via OnePlus Nord , May 26, 2021 :
    Hi again,
    I tested a Public Mobile simcard in my OnePlus Nord and good news it works very well. No issues at all.

lamyamyamy likes this.
  10. lamyamyamy
    Donut May 26, 2021

lamyamyamy , May 26, 2021 :
    great, thank you!!!

Mr.Singh.21 likes this.