Canadians who bought the oneplusone phone

1. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

flynnsarcade , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I don't think you can correlate his office talk to 150 lost customers. Probably 148 of them hadn't even heard about the OPO before that, so weren't going to buy it anyways. o_O Ironically, since the problem was brought to their attention, so was the existence of the product... some of them may have Googled the subject, found out about the UV trick, and are now prepared to buy the phone.

So you could say, Ray has actually helped successfully advertise the product for OnePlus.

2. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

High standards when it comes to cell phones, maple syrup, and poutine! :D

3. shahrukhsuhail
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

shahrukhsuhail , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I am still waiting for mine. A friend of mine got it and he said it was absolutely worth the wait. And looking at the reviews from other forum members, I would say there are not many cons about the phone other than the fact that it costs almost $500 for us.

4. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

The grapes are so sour, I can taste them. Can people remember when the best thing going on a cell phone was "Snake"? Now people are ready to burn a company to the ground for a yellow tint on an 5.5 HD display. We've come a long way in the last 17 years.

mrkilson95 likes this.
  5. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

This is what the company will do, if you send it back (sit your phone under a UV lamp). Save yourself the time, and aggravation of not having a phone for a week or so, while it is out for repairs, by just doing it yourself.

6. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

Still amazing if you compare it to other 64GB models. iPhone 5S 64GB is $1038.47 after taxes in Ontario. Ouch!

7. immymortal
    Froyo Jul 18, 2014

immymortal , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I was blown away by the process really. I purchased, it got processed and delivered within a week!

First impressions, it's big (That's what she said). My poor Galaxy SIII looked like an abandoned, unfed kid...Moving on to the weight. Oh, it feels so perfect, actually makes you think that it's a premium product. The Sandstone back? Nicest cover of a phone I've ever used. Truly, top notch in the design department gotta admit. Charging goes by quite fast. An hour and a half and I'm at 100%. Haven't tested out the battery fully though, will report on that soon.

Unlocking the bootloader takes about 45 seconds. Flashing a Custom Recovery is about a minute and then you slap Paranoid Android or Mahdi ROM, which officially support the OPO and you're gold :D

CM11S is alright. Nothing to die for. I jumped to CM11 Nightlies to be on 4.4.4 but will go back to PA once they fix the GAPPs (Camera and Flashlight would break -.-)

EDIT: Yes it does work with Wind mobile, just make sure to select "3G" as preferred Network Connection. Also customs in Ontario is $59 ;)

flynnsarcade and LastLeg like this.
  8. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2014

josefn24 , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I totally agree this is probably the easiest thing to do in the world. Every company makes you try fixes before shipping your phone off. If this fix works then I cant even imagine why people would cry about it. I would tell everyone and there mother if they refused to fix the problem if the uv light didnt work though. But so far thats not the case from what I read. Its important to know about their customer service issues though for sure..

9. Lilyofdavaly
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2014

Lilyofdavaly , Jul 18, 2014 :
    Thanks and congratulations on your new phone please do let us know. Yellow on screen?

10. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2014

So whats the total on the phone in Ontario with customs and shipping?

11. Lilyofdavaly

As
    Canadians we value customer satisfaction, quality control. Which are the foundations for good business. We have so much selection over here and we just do not give business where we feel our concerns ignored. The company you are talking about May charge high but they have excellent customer service. Canadians are here because they heard this was a good phone. Remember the company's motto: never settle

12. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

Yes, if the DIY fix did not work, I would expect a little more satisfaction from OP after sales support team.

13. Lilyofdavaly

Posts say around $500

14. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

At the time I ordered (7/15/14), there was only one "Express" shipping option for $27.99USD. If they ever change this, I would opt for the cheaper option. Although, "Express" shipping really meant express in my case, as the phone arrived two days after I ordered it.

My OPO showed up (7/17/14) with a $57.95CAD COD (Tax: $41.85 Processing Fee: $11.30 Collect on Delivery Fee: $4.80)

So, Ontarians, depending on the Paypal conversion rate of the day can expect to pay about $475.70CAD, all in for their OnePlus One (my OPO cost $417.74CAD on its own).

Lilyofdavaly likes this.
  15. Lilyofdavaly

Its
    nice to know how they take care of their customers after they get their business. Having the hustle of paying shipping costs and times without a phone while you ship it overseas is something, Canadians who want the phone should know beforehand. That's what forums are for. Honest reviews.

16. xtl1981
    Donut Jul 18, 2014

xtl1981 , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I was very excited about this phone but after people taking about the yellow tint on the screen and shipping charge, I'll probable wait for the nexus 6.

argh226 likes this.
  17. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2014

great! thanks for the breakdown! The only problem living in canada cold high taxes and shipping fees in that order haha...

18. Lilyofdavaly

19. kaedee

kaedee , Jul 18, 2014 :
    If you are near the border, rent a mailbox and drive over. I paid $392.74 CAD for the phone with standard shipping, 405.24 CAD with po box fees in BC.

20. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

The savings is in the shipping, really. Also in the tax, if you do not declare it (for shame :p). How much was the standard shipping?