Sound cannot connect bluetooth with Ford Audio

1. ragingspeed
    Eclair Feb 16, 2017

ragingspeed , Feb 16, 2017 :
    hi,

soon after i did the recent oneplus update, i have been unable to connect my phone via bluetooth with my Ford Fiesta Ford Audio. When I search for devices from Ford Audio, it discovers my OP3, then advises me to pair my phone by entering the four digit on my phone, however on my mobile it does not get a prompt window wherw to enter the pairing number. i did clear cache and i did delete the Bluetooth history and settings bit still am having problems.

please do help urgently as i use my Ford Audio Bluetooth system all the time for calls

thanks alot in advance for soonest assistance

Geoffrey Demanuele

cbsmanian, windsegel and flinkebernt like this.
  2. G_Nick_Collins_zYCg
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2017

3. ragingspeed
    Eclair Feb 17, 2017

ragingspeed , Feb 17, 2017 :
    yes i tried twice... still the phone never prompted me to enter the pairing number :(
    very very worried and frustrated!

4. ragingspeed
    Eclair Feb 20, 2017

5. Rakshith.Ramappa
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2017

Rakshith.Ramappa , Feb 20, 2017 :
    Hi, I had issue connecting my phone to Sync on my EcoSport. a reset of the system on car solved the problem. Check for any latest updates available for your sync .

6. ragingspeed
    Eclair Feb 21, 2017

ragingspeed , Feb 21, 2017 :
    i never thought that i can reset my car's audio system... did try this morning to be honest however i didnt notice any reset functionality on it.... i have the Sony system on a ford fiesta titanium year 2013

7. Carl Jackson
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2017

Carl Jackson , Feb 25, 2017 :
    Have you had any luck with this so far? Just got a 3T and it's doing exactly the same thing!! So stressful.

windsegel likes this.
  8. ragingspeed
    Eclair Feb 27, 2017

ragingspeed , Feb 27, 2017 :
    no.. nothing.. and I'm getting no help whatsoever from anywhere.. it is just NOT working!

9. Relikade
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2017

Relikade , Feb 27, 2017 :
    same on my new 3t, ford audio wouldn't prompt for pin.

I tried numerous times over 10 minutes, whilst rebooting both radio and phone a couple of times, eventually it started asking for the pin but just as bonding failed.

I kept trying and at last it asked for the pin straight away and paired successfully.

mine is a 2012 Ford (Sony) DAB unit.

10. headphones1
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2017

headphones1 , Feb 27, 2017 :
    This is unfortunately a well known issue. People are confident it will be resolved via an update to 7.1.1

11. jderoo
    Donut Feb 27, 2017

jderoo , Feb 27, 2017 :
    Same issue here with my Ford Mondeo ( year 2015 ). No window prompt for entering the pin. Bluetooth does work fine with other devices which don't require a pin.

windsegel likes this.
  12. baysal.ekrem
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2017

13. Relikade
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2017

14. ragingspeed
    Eclair Feb 27, 2017

ragingspeed , Feb 27, 2017 :
    kept trying several aaaand several times... no luck.. so i guess that there's no other option than waiting for an important firmware update

15. jderoo
    Donut Mar 1, 2017

jderoo , Mar 1, 2017 :
    I found a solution for now until they fix it in a software update.
    With the free app ‘Bluetooth Direct’ I’ve managed to pair my OP3t with my car. You only have to fill in the mac address from the car into the app and the pairing goes by itself. The Mac adress can be seen by scanning for devices in the bluetooth menu of your OP and is shown for a few seconds until it changes in the car name.
    Once paired, the car is registered in the phone and you can delete the app again. The app does give the pin window so it can be done this way.

XooNooX, windsegel and FarmerDan like this.
  16. windsegel
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2017

windsegel , Mar 11, 2017 :
    This looks like the more promising thread, so i'm repeating my other statement:
    Having the same problem pairing OP3T with my FORD FOCUS (built 2012). While pairing the card bluetooth says to enter the pin shown on the car-lcd in the smartphone. But theres no window popping up at the oneplus 3T. Don't know how to reset bluetooth to zeros in the car-system. So im coming up onto this forums.

Tried to stop the bluetooth process forceful, deleted any bluetooth data, (there weren't any cached) but i refused as by now to make a factory reset just to try something else. Wether mine, nor the second OP3T from my wife is able to pair. Had a htc one m8 before - worked like charm with the same car.

Now i'll give that "bluetooth direct" from inex a try - till later!

17. F_Gopi_Barnala_VkSl
    Eclair Mar 11, 2017

18. windsegel
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2017

windsegel , Mar 11, 2017 :
    it worked like charm!! Thx a lot jderoo! - spread the word!

jderoo likes this.
  19. ragingspeed
    Eclair Mar 13, 2017

ragingspeed , Mar 13, 2017 :
    still need to try the suggested 3rd part app... didn't have time yet due to recent very long working hours

thanks for the suggestions and helpful input

20. XooNooX
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2017

XooNooX , Mar 16, 2017 :
    Just wanted to say thank you to jderoo. This hint and the small software solved the problem. You have to completely turn off the mobile, then select Bluetooth, let the mobile scan and if you see something like A1 FO D2 etc. make a screen copy. Then write this 6 pairs of number/letters down and enter them in the BT direct tool. After clicking on Pair, the radio shows you the 4 digit code and you have a window where you can enter the code in your One+. Problem solved :)

Wolfgang

jderoo likes this.