Cannot unlock bootloader

1. erwann.jeanneau
    Eclair Feb 2, 2016

erwann.jeanneau , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Hi all,

I unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP, rooted and flashed blu_spark kernel when I received my OPX. I then proceeded with the OTAs (2.1.3 and 2.2.0).
    Yesterday I wanted to update to the latest TWRP release.
    I connected my phone to PC (adb drivers were already installed, OEM unlock and USB debugging checked in developper option). I can communicate with my phone via the adb without isssues. I rebooted into fastboot mode and can also communicate with the device (adb device-info, adb devices,...).
    I ran the command to flash the latest TWRP with the command: fastboot recovery recovery.img, the phone the reboots in recovery mode with an error message in the terminal (failed to sysfilemap bla blab bla) which means my bootloader is locked.
    No problem, I rebooted in fastboot mode and typed fastboot oem unlock and the phone reboots into recovery without unlocking the bootloader.

Anyone has an idea why the bootloader locked itself back ? Any hints on how to unlock it again ?

Cheers

2. Pavankalyan
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2016

Pavankalyan , Feb 2, 2016 :
    enter this comand via fastboot mode

fastboot devices oem device-info

post ur reply back(screenshot via snipping tool .,) what u see there !!

3. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

chris_wds , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Can you boot normally ? Did you check that the option oem unlock is checked in the developpers option ?

4. erwann.jeanneau
    Eclair Feb 2, 2016

erwann.jeanneau , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Entering fastboot oem device-info gives :
    Device tampered : false
    Device unlocked : false
    Option oem unlock is checked in the developpers options.

Siddhantbro likes this.
  5. ChavitoArg
    Donut Feb 2, 2016

ChavitoArg , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Exaclty the same happened to me, weird, it relocked itself. Flashed stock recovery with flashify, then the full 2.2.0 and finally unlocked it again, no data was wiped (in my case, also weird).

6. erwann.jeanneau
    Eclair Feb 3, 2016

erwann.jeanneau , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Thanks ChavitoArg. I suspected the phone's bootloader locked itself when I did the OTA updates (flashed full 2.1.3 then 2.2.0 OTA and custom kernel). I will try and flash 2.2.0 and unlock with fastboot.

7. Siddhantbro
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2017

Siddhantbro , Feb 9, 2017 :
    same here plz help !!

8. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2017

Kéno40 , Feb 10, 2017 :
    Explain more if you want help. Did you flashed a root for whom you didn't have the good bootloader?
    If so, you need to use the mega unbrick guide...

9. PlAyHaRdd
    Gingerbread Feb 11, 2017

Shubhammmmmm likes this.
  10. Himanshu_Sharma_
    Eclair Feb 11, 2017

Himanshu_Sharma_ , Feb 11, 2017 :
    I suggest flashing the latest stock rom 3.1.4 then retry the rooting process. There has been a firmware update by oneplus. This is required on the lastest LineageOS as well as solves certain issues with the recovery.

After rooting flash the latest TWRP version. Older version cause the device to boot loop after firmware update.