Cannot Update Prime Video on OnePlus TV 43Y1 Y Series via OnePlus 7

1. MonishSShivani
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

MonishSShivani , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hi Team,

The Prime Video app on OnePlus TV 43inch Y1 series..

I am not to able to update this App with its latest version

Furthermore I think the Prime Video app forms part of the default storage and comes preloaded and so it's not even showing in Google Play Store.

Furthermore since the Prime Video app is not updated nor latest hence we are not even able to switch our Profile .
    Profile feature has been added by Amazon across the world.

Any1 any help on this pls.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 7, 2020

Venky61 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Hi,
    The interface of Prime Video app is slightly different on OnePlus TVs compared to other Android TVs. There's no profile option yet on Prime Video app of any OnePlus TV. If there's an update available for Prime Video, it will be automatically updated. You can keep an eye on the Prime Video App version in the Apps Settings, you will notice that it changes.

MonishSShivani likes this.
  3. MonishSShivani
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2020

MonishSShivani , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    @Venky61

Thanks for this information and clarification.

However would appreciate if you can pass on this msg to the team at OP & that to consider this as an Urgent Appeal to work on this area and have them come up with the profile support at the earliest.

I think this feature is very important and useful to all and considering Amazon has now pushed this feature around the world certainly OP TV users shouldn't be an exception to this.

2nd Option -
    Or that we move to the Native way of having the Prime Video application be Play store based with manual installation and play store based updates like in the case of any other usual app.

Thks & Regards..