can't add outlook to accounts

1. F_John_Craig_ftSE
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

F_John_Craig_ftSE , Jan 3, 2018 :
    morning all, I'm hoping the community might be able to help me with a software issue.

I'm a heavy user of Microsoft services and downloaded several MS apps when I fired up my OP5T for the first time past week.

I'm struggling to set up outlook and feel like I might be missing something obvious.

To explain: At first I wanted to set outlook up by linking it directly to my outlook account, so I entered my email address and Microsoft password, however I kept getting an error and would just be constantly sent back to the sign in page.

So for now I've used the outlook mail app by syncing it directly to my mail provider (rackspace) through IMAP, which has completely cut out my Microsoft/Outlook account.

This means I'm receiving my emails just fine but all my contacts and calendar events, which live in outlook, aren't on my phone.

I've gone into settings>accounts>add account and tried to add outlook there, but keep running into the same issue. I input my email and password, it tells me it's authenticating my account and is configuring the server, then it takes me back to the sign in page. I can't get further forward.

I really really need outlook to work. I run my own small business and desperately need my email, contacts and calendar to sync on my phone.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

2. N1566766476488
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

N1566766476488 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Same issue here with OP6T - outlook is just not able to sign me in. BTW, does this have to do with Enterprise Auth, I presume my organization uses SSO - please please look into this. I am not able to config my university email.