Can't disable the Android 7 easter egg!

1. notcyf
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2017

notcyf , Jan 1, 2017 :
    The cancel sign just won't appear when i hold down the /\/ icon! Is this a known issue, i don't want to get cats in my notification bar anymore.

I already tried rebooting the phone to no avail :confused:

2. Ahryos
    Froyo Jan 1, 2017

Ahryos , Jan 1, 2017 :
    If you just don't put out food you won't get cats... And you can hide quick settings tiles from the quick settings panel by pressing the edit button...

G_Rafał_Kulus_oPhg likes this.
  3. Backtoast
    Froyo Jan 1, 2017

4. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jan 1, 2017

Alvie , Jan 1, 2017 :
    Swipe down your notification bar, click the pencil on the top right to edit the quick tiles. Drag the Easter egg tile back into the drag to add tiles position

5. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2017

Spelt , Jan 2, 2017 :
    Cats! What are you talking about?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017

6. Spelt

Spelt , Jan 2, 2017 :
    What does this mysterious tile look like because I don't see anything that might look like an Easter egg tile. There are three strange tiles at the bottom but not sure that is what you are talking about.

7. DracoSura

8. Drofidnas
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2017

Drofidnas , Jan 2, 2017 :
    Don't know about the Easter egg, it's the NFC logo. Edit the tiles with pencil, drag it onto the tile area, go back, switch it off by pressing it, then edit and redrag it back to the unused pile again if you don't want it there. Turn NFC back on with Settings.

9. notcyf
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2017

notcyf , Jan 2, 2017 :
    To make the tile appear, you need to go About Phone and triple-tap the "Android 7.0" text.(The problem lies in the fact that it should also go in reverse(A cancel sign should appear) but this doesn't happen.)

After that hold the N button until a cat appears. Now if you press the pencil in the quick settings. It will say "???? Android Easter Egg" at the bottom
    Dragging it up makes it say "Dish". When you press on the Dish and press 1 of the 4 choices that appear.

Now you just wait and cats should randomly appear.