Cant flash twrp after cos 12.1

1. hrangwala
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2015

hrangwala , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Hi guys i want to install oxygen os on my OPO and after i flash twrp it says OK means succesfully flashed twrp but when i press power and volume down it boots into cyanogen recovery. Please help i want to flash twrp on my OPO.

Asim Kamal likes this.
  2. jizang
    Lollipop Aug 26, 2015

3. Angelooo1
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2015

Angelooo1 , Aug 26, 2015 :

Use search, for Bruce Lee's sake

4. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Aug 26, 2015

#HYPEorGTFO , Aug 26, 2015 :
    uncheck "update cyanogen recovery" in settings

Try to boot straight to recovery before rebooting

Attached Files:

bgizzle likes this.
  5. LCOSTA17
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2015

LCOSTA17 , Aug 26, 2015 :
    For some reason CM12S doesn't respect the on/off toggle for the "update CM recovery" option in Developer Options, it just replaces whatever custom recovery you've flashed with the CM recovery regardless of whether that option is unelected.

Flash your custom recovery again, but after flashing don't do a normal reboot. After the flash has succeeded disconnect the usb cable, then power down the phone by holding the power button down, once it's powered off use the power + volume down button combo to boot directly into recovery. This first forced reboot into recovery somehow subverts what was keeping it from staying flashed and all subsequent normal reboots into recovery will boot into the custom recovery of your choice.
    LINK

Valokuvaaja, #HYPEorGTFO and DavidSTC like this.
  6. Asim Kamal
    Froyo Aug 26, 2015

Asim Kamal , Aug 26, 2015 :
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7. loudersoft
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2015

loudersoft , Aug 29, 2015 :
    I found a solution to the TWRP can't flash problem thanks to @rikardo1979 in another thread. If you can't flash TWRP after upgrading to COS 12.1, this fix will work. I have tried it and I got TWRP on after a lot of failures. The secret is DO NOT use the "fastboot reboot" command after flashing. Unplug, power down, then boot to recovery by hand, see below:

8. ScottMurphy
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2015

ScottMurphy , Oct 5, 2015 :
    I AM in a fix.

When I manually power off and come back with the volume down button, I go into a boot loop. Just received the phone have had it for two days now.

P. S. I am following the instructions here with TWRP 2.8.6.0.img.