Can't make or receive Phone Calls in 3G or LTE

1. WingIt22
    Donut Jun 4, 2015

WingIt22 , Jun 4, 2015 :
    Hey there fellow OPO users. So I've got a problem with making phone calls with my OPO.
    I've noticed this started happening about... Almost 2 months now? Around the time OPO was about to launch CM12
    Prior to this though I was always on preferred LTE mode and it will just switch automatically 3G to make make phone calls but one day it suddenly stopped working. I would not able to make or receive phone calls in LTE or 3G mode.
    So here's my dealio and what I've done so far.
    1. Called my phone provider and tried 3 different sim cards

2. Had phone provider resend a signal (After sending it they will require me to turn off the phone for like a minute then turn it back on)

3. Switched sim card into my old iPhone and it worked perfectly to prove that it wasn't my provider's problem. Then switched back to OPO to continue trying to solve the issue...

4. Did a factory reset. And all the other resets

5. Send a request to OPO and never got a response back...

6. Updated to CM 12 in hopes it might fix it (did not)

7. My realization. WHEN set in preferred 3G OR LTE it does NOT work. Only time I can make and receive phone calls is if I set my preferred network to 2G. However this is really annoying because of the slowness of 2G I can barely even use my Data and when I'm in 3G or LTE I risk not being able to pick up phone calls because calls don't even come through.

So my dilemma is. Is there anyone else in the same boat as me? And if so how did you fix it.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST! And thank you to anyone who read through this whole thing and can help!

TL : DR = phone no work in 3G or LTE but does in 2G @_@

Current system is : cm 12.1 - 0602 - Nightly

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

2. Jhaniece D.c
    Froyo Jun 5, 2015

Jhaniece D.c , Jun 5, 2015 :
    Hello friend,

I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Please submit a ticket to our support team (https://oneplus.net/support/ticket/submit) and our technical support will be happy to provide resolution to your concern.

Thanks

PRK.R likes this.
  3. adriano.dematteis
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2018

adriano.dematteis , Apr 5, 2018 :
    Hi all.
    Are there any news about this issue ?

I have been having the same problem for more than 3 months, my phone can receive and make calls only if forced to work with 2G. I tried to do a factory reset and to flash different ROMs (latest, CM 12 and a couple of others) but without any success. The strange thing is that sometimes my phone is capable to switch from 4g to 3g when it receives a call (it seems to me that it could depend on my position in the city). Now I use my phone only with 2G and I always have to switch in 4G when I need a fast connection. Another thing I noticed is that when I switch from 2G to 4G, sometimes my phone is capable to receive a call, but only for the first time. In case of a second call it won't works !
    Finally, I also tried to flash different sw for the modem, but again without success.

I hope someone can help me. I love this phone and it is quite new as I brought it "only" 1 year and half ago.

Current ROM spec:
    Android: 6.0.1
    CyanogenMod API Level: 13.0-20161220-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO3XH-bacon

Thank you in advance.

4. nectar1605
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2018

5. koninos
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2018

koninos , Aug 10, 2018 :
    i have exactly the same problem for around 5 months now . ihave lineage 15.1 installed . i live in greece.

6. H1603722510836
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

7. Artemus.
    Nougat Nov 1, 2020

Artemus. , Nov 1, 2020 :
    On an OPO? Very not likely.