Can't receive text messages

1. CarmSeda
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2019

CarmSeda , Jul 25, 2019 :
    I switched to OnePlus 7 Pro last night (2019-07-24), and since switching phones I can't receive text messages. I can send them just fine, everyone I text gets my messages. I can also make calls and receive them. The only thing not working is receiving text messages.

I had an Android phone before this (a Motorola Moto Z Play), but about a week ago I dropped it in a huge puddle (which wasn't a big deal since I had already ordered this phone and was just waiting for it to be delivered). In the interim, I used an old Samsung Galaxy J3. I did not transfer my texts from my Moto to the J3 since I only needed it for a week.

When I set up my OnePlus, I transferred my old texts from my Moto to my new phone using SMS Backup & Restore. I did not transfer the messages from the J3. When receiving texts didn't work, I tried changing my default messaging app to a different app. For about 10 second, my phone started lighting up with unread text messages, but when I opened the new messaging app, the notifications disappeared and nothing had changed, I still can't receive texts. I switched my default SMS app back to the preinstalled Messages app that came with the phone. Still can't receive messages. What should I do?

2. MarkoBatrac
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2019

MarkoBatrac , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Something goes wrong during the backup. Check messages app settings, set it as default app. if that doesn't help, try factory reset, and don't restore backup. If everything works fine, than restore backup

CarmSeda likes this.
  3. CarmSeda
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2019

CarmSeda , Jul 25, 2019 :
    I tried factory resetting and not backing up messages, I still can't receive texts! I guess the next option is to take it to the Verizon store and try a new SIM card?

ReddMoney likes this.
  4. ReddMoney
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2019

ReddMoney , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 19, 2019 :
    did you ever find a fix for it, because I'm not receiving any messages either and I just switched to the OnePlus 7t

5. BradNagel
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2019

6. mizzou541
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

mizzou541 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I was having the same issue mid-November. So I did a factory restore and went through all the troubleshooting steps with my carrier (AT&T) and nothing worked. So I contacted OP support and they suggested I download and manually flash an update to the latest OS (I was already on 9.0.9 but did it anyway) and it worked. At least it worked for like 2-3 weeks. Yesterday I noticed a delay in messages and getting them out of order and now today I'm back to receiving absolutely no messages again. Tried reverting back to 9.0.8 and that doesn't seem to have worked yet.

I'm on a 5 and have been for 2+ years. Just started having the issue with 9.0.9 release.

7. J1574615607109
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2019

J1574615607109 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 13, 2019 :
    I had the same problem switching from my Google XL 3 on Verizon everyone said to call Verizon that sounded like a hassle so I went to my Verizon app and went 2 the option to add a phone to an existing line put in the number on the back of the phone..5 minutes after putting in the numbers I started getting my text messages. everything works great now