[Answered] Can't record in 60fps in 3rd party apps like FilmicPro or ZY Play

1. Shabbadoo Cupcake Oct 17, 2018

Shabbadoo, Oct 17, 2018 :
    Hello,
    Recently I bought gimbal - zhiyun smooth 4 and I'm pretty sad about no 60fps options for OP6.
    Can you make something about it so 3rd party apps can use full potential of our lovely phone camera(60fps at 720p, 1080p and 4k).
    Thanks,
    James.

2. Prinas X. Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2018

Prinas X., Oct 18, 2018 :
    Hi Shabbadoo,

This is Prinas from OnePlus Bug Hunters.

The feature request you shared has been forwarded to relevant department for assessment. Please kindly note that this thread will be marked as "fixed".

Any bugs you find, please contact me for further help. Or you can submit bug report here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ next time so that we can see your issues intuitively for further investigation.

Thanks and good day!

Best,
    Prinas

3. N1539441547700 Cupcake Dec 29, 2018

N1539441547700, Dec 29, 2018 :
    how can you marked it as fixed when it hasn't.. it hasn't been resolved yet. Video quality is very noisy in FilmicPro and we can't shoot in higher frame rates. Developer of the app says it's Cmera 2 api issue and can be only fixed if OP give access to some features of camera in the phone but OP doesn't seem to care. We have written so many times to OP but no response or any updates. This kind of small flaws make a wonderful phone useless. Please do something before OP users switch to other better phones.

I1542807836424 likes this.
  4. Matt Cirillo Cupcake Jan 7, 2019

Matt Cirillo, Jan 7, 2019 :
    I'm also having issues with third party camera apps. Can't shoot in frame rates higher than 30 fps. Please fix this! Would be very much appreciated

5. survivor303 Donut Feb 1, 2019

survivor303, Feb 1, 2019 :
    This is not resolved or fixed, i have latest beta on OP6T and open camera cannot deal over 30fps on any resolution or any other options, camera2 api enabled or disabled. the camera drivers dosnt care what open camera asked from there. We really need 60fps support for 3rd camera applications!.

Or, please make your own camera app better to give your users a options for how long videos they wanted to do with 4k 60fps and what bitrate. You dont need to do this because there is lots of great camera apps for these users who need more.

Open camera is must for users who save their work to Google Photos, on its latest update you can now save 9Gb video files just that google photos can upload them to the server, where is 10Gb sizelimit and after that open camera just start recording new file, so you can make long videos just one shot! (just add that feature to your camera app and allow users remove these timelimits from videos.)

Just open your drivers to support 3rd apps.

And BTW, I still use your own camera app when i capture photos, it is great for that!

6. survivor303 Donut Feb 6, 2019

survivor303, Feb 6, 2019 :
    anything?

7. Subtle88 Cupcake Apr 4, 2019

Subtle88, Apr 4, 2019 :
    Come on, Oneplus Team. Give us what we need. 60FPS for 3rd party apps like Filmic Pro. Please don't make me regret my 6T purchase. :( The question is, why not???

survivor303 likes this.