Can't Transfer Files via USB

1. F_Jonathan_Ramdass_lQrO Donut Jun 16, 2019

F_Jonathan_Ramdass_lQrO, Jun 16, 2019 :
    After upgrading to Android Pie, I am u able to transfer files to my computer through USB. When I select "File Transfer" in the USB options and go on the folder I normally find all the files on my phone on, it says "This folder is empty"

please help.

2. sleepo Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

3. Berath Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Berath, Jul 1, 2019 :
    I've the same issue as described by in #1. Standard is "no file transfer" and if I change it to "file transfer" I see "This folder is empty". Never seen this prior to update to Pie.
    If I change the USB modus to any other possible setting and again back to "file transfer" the volume comes up as normal. But I've to change the status a couple of times (1-3).
    I'd like to get a working solution (not only to change the standart behavior, to startup with "file transfer" if USB will be connected.
    Any hint or idea?

4. meir_shahar Cupcake Jul 17, 2019

meir_shahar, Jul 17, 2019 :
    I 've also same phenomena on OP3 .
    From the upgrade to Android Pie - there is a new problem with the USB described above:
    The directory ONEPLUS A3003 shows: This folder is empty

What is the solution for that problem ?

5. L1565521012443 Cupcake Aug 11, 2019

L1565521012443, Aug 11, 2019 :
    Hi, I had this problem and the fix was to first disconnect USB cable. Then turn the developer settings on (think you need to tap Build number seven times in the About Phone under settings menu), then go into developer options under system settings, tap on Default USB Configuration and select File Transfer. Now reconnect cable and it should work. If not, try with a different USB cable as others on other forums have fixed the issue by changing cable.

This is in the above video but is a little difficult to see as it's done so quick.