Honeycomb Sep 24, 2014

3. BillMurrayz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2014

BillMurrayz , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Sorry to hear, no issues in my VW GTI.

4. fazatuasorte
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2014

fazatuasorte , Sep 28, 2014 :
    I have a VW Sharan 2011, with TPK_music (Touch Phone Kit), they are not able to see each other, Impossible to pair. Any solution?

5. jpardos
    Donut Sep 28, 2014

jpardos , Sep 28, 2014 :
    My OnePlus One works fine with my Sony MEX-BT3900U. I'am using bluetooth almost every day and I only remember one disconnection.

6. marcdg
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2014

marcdg , Oct 7, 2014 :
    My OPO connects with every other bluetooth device I own except my 2013 Accent -_-

7. mrmoorey
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2014

mrmoorey , Oct 10, 2014 :
    I received my OPO today. My 2008 Jaguar XKR will find and pair with the phone, but as soon as I dock it disconnects. The phone thinks it is connected, the car says it is not. I cannot even get to the stage that it synchronizes the contacts.

8. PeGys
    Gingerbread Oct 10, 2014

PeGys , Oct 10, 2014 :
    I had the issue with my 2006 accord tourer. Had to remove the previous installed phone in my bluetooth systeem before I was able to pair my opo.

It works fine for Incoming calls. Outgoing switches to phone speaker instead of bluetooth although it shows bluetooth while dialing but I can switch it back to bluetooth (although that isn't the purpose of hand free calling).

9. mrmoorey
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2014

mrmoorey , Oct 10, 2014 :
    I removed my old phone configuration, too, just in case. It made no difference in my case.

10. Tyronnster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2014

11. kalqlator
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2014

kalqlator , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Not working on Mercedes W205.
    I like how this has become the unofficial Bluetooth compatability thread.

12. mrmoorey
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2014

mrmoorey , Oct 13, 2014 :
    This is a serious problem for me, because California has strict laws on driving hands free. I periodically take conference calls in my car, and never had issues with my previous Motorola Android phones. I could use the speakerphone on the OPO, but I would prefer to use the speakers in my car. The Jaguar has excellent Bluetooth integration with the speakers, and the microphones are designed to work well even with the convertible top down. The lack of compatibility is a real pain.

13. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2014

wilbarger , Oct 13, 2014 :
    I have a 2010 E350 and the bluetooth phone works flawlessly all the time. The audio is completely different. After I pair them the first time, bt audio for music works great. If I shut the car off and try again, it will not recognize the audio connection while the phone still connects for calls perfectly. I am rooted and running Mahdi Rom, but this happens with pure CM11S and any other rom I have tried.

My nexus 5 connects for phone and audio every time. Strange????

14. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2014

OK, I figured my issue out. When I get into the car, I have to disable bt on the phone and then enable it. Get full audio and track information reliably now.

15. mrmoorey
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2014

mrmoorey , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. I am thinking of making a short video that shows the behavior of the Jaguar phone menu and putting it on YouTube. Essentially, the phone is first paired, then the phone shows docked on the Jaguar display, then disconnects within a second. If I retry, it reconnects then disconnects again. I left Bluetooth on for a 40 mile drive to see if it would sort itself out, but it never once connected and remained that way. There are also a number of threads on the Android 4.4.x forums with people reporting issues, just like here. I think it is something in the Bluetooth protocol implementation of Android.

16. Nopanand
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014

17. Cheche786
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2014

18. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2014

Download and try Bluetooth Auto Connect from the play store. It works well and may help with your issues. I had similar issues and it helped with my car.

19. mrmoorey
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2014

mrmoorey , Oct 14, 2014 :
    I beat you to it. I already tried that, too. I have now turned on Bluetooth debugging, and I'm working with Wireshark to see if I can make sense of the handshake between the car and the phone to determine if there is anything I can spot that is causing either the car to end the session with the phone or vice versa. Good job I have a background in network and protocol analysis :)

20. mrmoorey
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2014

mrmoorey , Oct 14, 2014 :
    This is a long message unfortunately. I'll summarize at the end...

So I have spent the evening studying protocol specs and a wire trace from my phone using the the "Enable Bluetooth HCI Snoop" developer option. The trace shows my Jaguar saying it supports Hands-free Profile, and returns a Profile Descriptor showing version 0.1 (this is 2008 firmware as far as I know).

The 1.6 Hands Free Profile specification says:
    "5.3.2 Interaction with HFP 0.96, 1.0 and HFP 1.5 implementations
    HF implementations that comply with the Hands-Free Profile specification Rev. 0.96,1.0 or 1.5, shall not indicate support for the Codec Negotiation feature and shall neither send the AT+BAC command nor the AT+BCC command to trigger an audio connection establishment by the AG.
    AG implementations that comply with the Hands-Free Profile specification Rev. 0.96,1.0 or 1.5, shall not indicate support for the Codec Negotiation feature and shall neither send the AT+BCS command.
    In order to guarantee backward compatibility, HFP Rev. “x.y” implementations shall be able to handle establishment of synchronous connections according to Hands-Free Profile specification Rev. 1.0 or 1.5.
     The HF shall be able to accept establishment of a synchronous connection from a HFP 1.0 or 1.5 AG.
     The AG shall be able to initiate establishment of a synchronous connection to a HFP 1.0 or 1.5 HF."

So, 1) I am not sure what happens when the OPO stack encounters a 0.1 profile, and 2) I noticed in the trace that a synchronous connection request was made and rejected with "Connection Rejected due to Limited Resources" 0x0d. This error seems to go against the 5.3.2 specification.

TL;DR. Wire trace between OPO and car seems to indicate some anomalies relative to the hands-free specification. Perhaps this is why I cannot dock the phone.