[Car mount] Brodit active car cradle

1. Marlow
    Eclair Jan 9, 2015

Marlow , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Howdy,

there are not too many specific cradles around for the One Plus One. Sure .. a generic one will do, but I wanted an active one.

The solution: Brodit.

Brodit is a swedish company, that make a huge range of cradles specific to your phone. Active and passive ones.

Their cradles consist of 2 components: the cradle and a proclip especially designed for your car, so that you don't have to drill visible holes. The beauty of that is also, if you change your car, you just take the cradle with you and get a new proclip. Or if you change your phone (why would you ? ), you just get a new cradle and use the same proclip.

Now, i actually wanted a suction cup, because in my van, the windscreen is the best suited place for the phone. I found the PanaVise 809-AMP suction cup, which has the same mounting pattern as a ProClip. So that's perfect.

The Brodit cradles come in 4 versions: passive, active with cigarette-lighter plug, active with usb-cable and usb cigarette lighter plug and for fixed installation. The USB cable version makes the most sense. I've got a USB power supply in the car in the first place and it gives you the options of using it either way. The order code for that is 521648. Unfortunately most traders only have the cigarette lighter or the passive cradle. I'm not sure, why they don't go with a more versatile solution, like the USB cabled one, but who knows.

And yes, the cradle is capable of being tilted horizontally and vertically. As you please.

Anyhow. I thought, I'd share, as there probably are a good few out there, that like a decent cradle.

/M

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

ozone89, Rubii23 and gusuraman like this.
  2. lnxpro
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

gusuraman likes this.
  3. Marlow
    Eclair Jan 9, 2015

Attached Files:

lnxpro likes this.
  4. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jan 9, 2015

lnxpro likes this.
  5. fstolze
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2015

fstolze , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Sounds very much like what ProClip sells directly here in the States - proclipusa.com

6. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

bakerbarber likes this.
  7. Marlow
    Eclair Jan 9, 2015

Marlow , Jan 9, 2015 :
    It is. If you check the product pictures on their website, the cradles have the Brodit logo on them.

/M

gusuraman likes this.
  8. Marlow
    Eclair Jan 9, 2015

Marlow , Jan 9, 2015 :
    But that's a passive mount. My point with the Brodit cradle was EXACTLY, that it's active. No fiddling around with cables every time you get in the car.

Just sink the phone into the cradle and off you go.

/M

9. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

geraldcortez , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Correct.. that's why I also have a Qi wireless charger car mount that I used before... but somehow the Oneplus One DOES NOT support wireless charging.

http://www.amazon.com/Qi-infinity-Wireless-Charger-enabled-Blackberry/dp/B00N4H1R1M/

10. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

vdd65 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I tried CD cradle before. It is sturdy but then you loose the function of the CD player if you still listen to CD.

11. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

geraldcortez , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I stopped using the CD when I started my satellite radio subscription and the unlimited music streaming from T-Mobile... otherwise I will opt for a different mount. :D

12. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

vdd65 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I still preferred listening to my playlist (mp3) on my CD. The bluetooth audio does not sound as good as playback on CD for some reason.

13. amolverma.9
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

14. Erzengel
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2015

Erzengel , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I am also a happy user of the Brodit Active Cradle. No more fiddling with cables when placing the phone in the car.

15. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2015

16. Neil Bates
    Donut Jun 27, 2016

17. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2016

Vadomata , Jun 27, 2016 :
    If it supports all 5.5" phones, then it should work with OP3 too.

18. Neil Bates
    Donut Jun 27, 2016

19. Neil Bates
    Donut Jun 27, 2016