Cardboard issue

1. pavjanas
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2015

pavjanas , Jul 10, 2015 :
    I have received the Cardboard today and I was very excited to test it out. I've downloaded official Google Cardboard app and Insidious VR app. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the picture through the lenses is split and doesn't merge like you would expect in true 3D image. I was under the impression that you're able to enjoy Goggle's cardboard experience using Oneplus' Cardboard but I just can't figure out how.

I know that each Goggle cardboard is somehow different and you're able to setup your individual cardboard by scanning the QR code on the packaging. No such code is present on Oneplus' packaging so there is no way of setting this up.

It's hard to describe and difficult to show you the example of how it looks in real life. I can barely get 3D image (both sides overlapping each others) if I squeeze my eyes hard enough, which obviously isn't the way it supposed to work...

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Attached Files:

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 10, 2015

dsmonteiro , Jul 10, 2015 :
    I think you have to configure the Cardboard app to work properly with the OPO screen. You won't have that issue with the app OnePlus will release, tho.

3. dsmonteiro

4. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 10, 2015

5. dsmonteiro

Ceasedd and SoniaB like this.
  6. angelique kerkhoffs
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2015

muddy46, Ceasedd, Err dunno and 5 others like this.
  7. pavjanas
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2015

Much appreciated for speedy reply! I've scanned the above code and it's recognises the Cardboard. However, it made no difference to the viewing experience :(

jswick2 likes this.
  8. angelique kerkhoffs
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2015

9. dsmonteiro

Wait, what?

sp99, RonaldM, SoniaB and 3 others like this.
  10. pavjanas
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2015

Attached Files:

11. Lecter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2015

12. angelique kerkhoffs
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2015

13. dsmonteiro

Peter8169, PVS Kharoud, sp99 and 5 others like this.
  14. dsmonteiro

Did you try this profile?

15. angelique kerkhoffs
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2015

dsmonteiro likes this.
  16. Maximus Decimus Meridius

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Jul 10, 2015 :
    Have you ever used a VR-cardboard? How are the quality of your eyes/optics? Remember, these cardboards mostly doesnt have adjustable lenses and are somewhat using a mean/standard of optics. If you found some personal deviations (eg, pupil-pupil distances you might have some problems) also read into official google cardboard pages: eg http://www.google.com/design/spec-vr/designing-for-google-cardboard/a-new-dimension.html

aneesimran, pbergonzi, tEf0o and 3 others like this.
  17. pavjanas
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2015

Right, I think I know what's causing the issue. I've opened Insidious VR app and took the phone out from the Cardboard. I've layed it down next to the Cardboard and noticed that the pointer in the app (the one you have to navigate to 'Begin' button at the start) is wider than the lenses. I've measured the distance between the center of the lenses and it's exactly 6cm where the pointer in the app is at 7cm. This obviously will cause the split screen issue that I've described in the original post. I need to figure out how to change the distance between both sided of the screen.

jswick2 likes this.
  18. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Jul 10, 2015

Aaahh , Jul 10, 2015 :
    Would you have known that otherwise?

Move your phone over, line it up better

19. Maximus Decimus Meridius

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Jul 10, 2015 :
    good! We're getting there!
    the weird thing is, the QR should setup the right footage automatically... actually :(

20. angelique kerkhoffs
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2015