Carl, are you joking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimberkas
    KitKat Aug 13, 2015

jimberkas , Aug 13, 2015 :
    no, she doesn't mind at all. as long as she doesn't find out about, I can refer to her however I want! yeah, after i typed that, i knew it was gonna sound a bit off. she does drink quite a bit of wine and pop a lot of Advil, does that make her a pretty heavy user??

Sprock3t Rocket likes this.
  2. Sprock3t Rocket
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

Sprock3t Rocket , Aug 13, 2015 :
    ha ha. I checked out the Idol - looks interesting. Theres some amazing kit around, and with more satisfactory supply chain models than OP.

3. jimberkas
    KitKat Aug 13, 2015

jimberkas , Aug 13, 2015 :
    yea, gotta love being able to order from amazon with no tax and no shipping and it arrives on your door step in two days

Sprock3t Rocket likes this.
  4. decshz
    Eclair Aug 13, 2015

decshz , Aug 13, 2015 :
    while I agree that this delay its bullshit, lol man selling your phone was equally stupid

5. sjketchen
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

sjketchen , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I was on stock with my OPO and the battery life was terrible after the R33 CM11S update. It would literally lose 50% overnight off the charger with no screen on time. I had to try all kinds of tricks and shut things off and apply "fixes" to try to get a better battery life, but I saw little improvement. None of the CM11S updates ever fixed that for me. COS12 improved it somewhat but, like I said I have done absolutely nothing to optomize my battery life on the Idol 3, and its battery far outperforms what my OPO did in the same environment, with less features on.
    What really killed the OPO for me was the lack of LTE band support. That had me stuck on 2G Edge 3/4 of the time because they didn't support my carrier's LTE Band 2. Who gives a shit if you have a fast phone when all you can get is near dialup speed? With the Idol 3 in the areas I was stuck on 2G with the One I got LTE with download speeds between 20 Mbps and 50 Mbps, in the rural areas of Upstate NY USA.
    And all told the Idol 3 was $160 cheaper than what I paid for the OPO, I know I made the right decision to get it! Overall the best smartphone experience I've had yet.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

6. Jeroentje22
    Aug 13, 2015

7. smootye
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

smootye , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I'd rather have a working phone than an early invite tbfh

8. bose301s
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2015

bose301s , Aug 13, 2015 :
    If you sold your phone ahead of time to get this phone which is sold on an invite system to begin with and no one knew how fast the invites were going out you are a compete and utter moron and deserve everything that's happened, do this world a favor and go kill yourself so we may rid the world of your genes you utter retard.

9. Sprock3t Rocket
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

Sprock3t Rocket , Aug 13, 2015 :
    You mean you didn't have to endure months of cringe-worthy fanboy begging, bizarre loyalty creating contests and wait a dis-heartingly long time to be allowed to spend money with the retailer??? What were you thinking, have you gone completely crazy? Saying that, I am so chuffed with the OPO, I'm looking forward to the OPT. Just wish that I could lay my hands on one to take part in this pilot they're disguising as a full launch. I came to the OP late but would have loved to be part of the UAT.

10. Mr. Cuddles
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

Mr. Cuddles , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Just get the Moto X Pure #NeverSettle

11. tedddy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2015

tedddy , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Maybe he sold his phone AND has a back up. Just wants a premium device to replace his premium device. I don't think anyone is that dumb to give up cell service to WAIT. Give a break please.

12. domi39
    KitKat Aug 13, 2015

domi39 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    someone is angry

13. Kattis
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2015

Kattis , Aug 13, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

The Earl of Twatshire likes this.
  14. Kattis
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2015

15. nofsbige
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

nofsbige , Aug 13, 2015 :
    What the hell is wrong with these people?

Dear Carl,

I sold my house because I thought I was going to get the OnePlus 2 right away! This is ludacris! Where am I supposed to live now that the invites are slowly rolling out?

Yours Truely,

Son of Sam

16. scs-sendling
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

scs-sendling , Aug 13, 2015 :

17. Raul-50rc
    Eclair Aug 13, 2015

Raul-50rc , Aug 13, 2015 :
    On plus is just anew company that is unprofessional they want more people to be on the waiting list than making sales

18. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

p51d007 , Aug 14, 2015 :

You sold you present phone, BEFORE you even garnered the INVITE to purchase, which at the time, means another 2-3 weeks BEFORE it shipped and you would receive it?
    I don't know if this is your situation or not, but I've seen threads where people are trying to figure out how to save the money to buy this POS.
    If you sold your phone, to get the money for another phone, then perhaps you should take that money you got from your old phone, buy a cheap flip phone and save the other money for a rainy day. A phone isn't a necessity to the point that you HAVE TO HAVE the latest & greatest. I good used phone if a person is in dire financial means, and SAVING the money, would be financially better.

[​IMG]

19. Jonnyaw
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

Jonnyaw , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Awesome, thanks for replying. I just find it so much more informational and useful to receive a direct answer than going through reviews. I am currently using a THL 5000, which has a power house 5000 mah battery, but is lacking in a few other specs compared to either OP1, 2, or your idol as it seems from descriptions. It is around 250 USD though. Battery is a major selling point for me and your description helps me analyze phones with weaker batteries than mine. I need an upgrade but need to know at what cost in terms of battery life.

20. NepalR_
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015