1. EXIV
    KitKat Nov 22, 2016

2. ChinChinati
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2016

EXIV likes this.
  3. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 22, 2016

Dunnow , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Fun how he keeps repeating that the X and the Two turned out ot be shit and does NOTHING to fix it.

Instead of so much focus on the 3, why not stop a month and dedicate it to fix both phones cameras and battery issues?

It's not like the HW on those phones is garbage...

(They should also dedicate time to fixing the camera for custom roms...)

Radeon962, Andrizzy R, Jrocci and 4 others like this.
  4. wanderguzman
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2016

wanderguzman , Nov 22, 2016 :
    They should fix the camera for custom roms, oficial and community build

5. Dunnow

Dunnow , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Yeah?

Look what I just got in a private message from a staff member

"We do not have to provide camera blobs or anything relating to ROMs, we do it because we want to make it easier for custom ROM users and builders."

Seems that they compromise to the community is less than what they promised. They have no rush to fix things in that department.

Here's another example: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...yet-for-camera-quality-on-custom-roms.474895/

or this other:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...is-degrading-image-detail-and-quality.474897/

lalit.kultham and weedee like this.
  6. EXIV
    KitKat Nov 22, 2016

EXIV , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Thanks dude

7. EXIV
    KitKat Nov 22, 2016

EXIV , Nov 22, 2016 :
    My brother has the X and he is happy with it. I have the 2 but I have not been using it since I got the 3 so I really don't know what are the problems with them. I hope you get assistance asap.

8. EXIV
    KitKat Nov 22, 2016

EXIV , Nov 22, 2016 :
    What's the problem with the camera? Did you try Cinema 4K, that's the one I use to shoot videos.

9. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 22, 2016

sfomin , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Remember how the @Carl said that he would totally DD the OPX? Yeah...

lalit.kultham and Dunnow like this.
  10. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 22, 2016

Radeon962 , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Carl makes lots of "statements" (might be called promises by most other people) but as long as he did not "promise" it specifically then he has no need to follow through (at least in his world).

Be careful what you believe to be true.

11. Dunnow

Dunnow , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Yes I do... I also remember the time when they said that no "major" android update (AKA, going from one version to another for the less versed ones in here) should not take more than 3 months after code release (And remember, OEM get the code about 3 months before release, so that would give 6 months to update the ROM)

I also remember who it was when they said that the 2 was the 2016 flagship killer with a blazing fast focus tech.

And how no one used NFC, yet a few months after he comes out saying they did tons of errors and mistreated the core users... YET, [Content removed by moderator] he is still does nothing to fix the "core users" issues and just makes his company focus on the 3...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016

12. tedulus
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2016

tedulus , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Not even the 3 but the 3t now, 3 is dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016

13. Dunnow

Dunnow , Nov 22, 2016 :
    That's what you think. The storage, front camera sensor or new CPU will barely change the device tree. They will unify the builds and automatically pump 2 OTA updates with the properly merged kernel sources for the 2 different SoC. The rest does not matter to Android. If it has bigger battery or bigger memory or more ram. The OS takes care of it.

Just one SoC change and a different sensor for the front camera will not make the 3 less.

And to be honest, I'm sad it will be like that. Because, even tho, it's not what OP3 users deserve, is what it should happen so everyone stopped allowing this company the amount of crap they are pulling lately.

The "bug tracking system" does not track shit. And one cannot even post feature requests. The community has been waiting for it more than 6 months, "it was in the works" they said, and look... just a subforum with one person assigned to it that to top it off is calling half the bugs feature requests.

And then people like me are "the toxic ones" for expecting things properly done...

tedulus likes this.
  14. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Interesting he said just +3 not +3T.
    When did you see him?
    Good video by the way.

ChrisTerp, meatandy and EXIV like this.
  15. G_Mohit_Sharma_pvKy
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2016

EXIV likes this.
  16. tedulus
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2016

tedulus , Nov 22, 2016 :
    I was expecting that OP will release stable OTA for 3 once the 3T is out, but not, that means they give an OS advantage to 3T for sometime and after the boom they will release OTA for 3.

17. ungeeked
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2016

ungeeked , Nov 22, 2016 :
    As of now 3T is running a test build and the performance is worse than 3.

Oneplus has said they will release an ota for 3T when it is ready. Same should come to 3

18. nalawadepiyush
    Donut Nov 22, 2016

EXIV likes this.
  19. volteon
    Community Veteran Nov 22, 2016

volteon , Nov 22, 2016 :
    As usual, awesome work from you. Thanks for sharing!

20. EXIV
    KitKat Nov 22, 2016

EXIV , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Poor 3, the 3T is way better, but it's a shame they killed the 3 as it would have been great for ordinary people wanting a great phone at a decent price.