Carrier Deal in US: T-Mobile?

1. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2018

tanner.j.michels , Feb 6, 2018 :
    OnePlus should make a carrier deal with T-Mobile and get a jump onto T-Mobiles new LTE band 7, the 600mhz beast that is supposed to take over all of the continental USA. Not only that their new technology is on fire, but they are the fastest growing carrier in the US. They provide reasonably priced plans, for great service, great customer service, and everything they sell is practically unlocked anyway. Regardless of Carrier Deals or not, I will not be buying the next One plus (6, maybe?) is it does not get certified to have T-Mobile's new LTE band. it is unfortunate, but with keeping up with the time, speed, technology, and get the best out of my Carrier, my next phone will be band 71 compatible. And for anyone that has ATT, it doesn't matter, it will always be compatible with ATT network regardless of Carrier Deals. ATT is expanding but NOT with new technology that requires new bands. I suggest a Carrier Deal with T-Mobile because I don't know if OnePlus will get certified with band 71 (600mzh) without making some Carrier Deal. It a very new technology that is slowly being launched. I don't want to pass up another one plus phone because it's not up-to-date with the latest technology of T-Mobile. That's all.

fjpartida551 likes this.
  2. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2018

3. Tirgoman
    Froyo Feb 18, 2018

Tirgoman , Feb 18, 2018 :
    I'm on TMO and have been for over 20 years but I've been buying phones for most of that time from other sources. I just don't like getting tied to anyone, especially on the old contracts. Good news is I can afford to buy what I want luckily so the month payment plan doesn't interest me. As for Band 71 it is already rolling out but it'll be a year or so till it covers the US. I would love it because it penetrates buildings better but having said that I just ordered 2 5Ts yesterday for me and my wife knowing the bands is not there. TMO have given me pretty good coverage although I know that is not always the case for others. And even I could use some building penetrating signal at times. By the time they roll it across the network who knows, I might be ready for another phone if I'm happy with this one. I personally think it was just timing that kept it out of the 5T. There is no reason they can not get it certified with the FCC and sell it absolutely without any carriers approval, it's just another band in the hardware and software of the phone.

tanner.j.michels likes this.
  4. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2018

tanner.j.michels , Feb 19, 2018 :
    True! I just read that One plus has made carrier deals in Europe, so if they try to do that in the US, I think it would be awesome if they teamed with T-Mobile. They of course would sell unlocked ones for ATT, but to get all the benefits of the new TMobile band and so forth it would be easier just to deal with them. I feel like I've had so many problems with OnePlus and T-Mobile when it comes to WiFi calling and VoLTE and so forth. it works great now! but in the past I felt there was difficulties having them work together. I would rather it be ready to go out of the box with all of T-Mobile's latest advancements and enhancement!

redring37 likes this.