Carrier Unlock

1. ajaik
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

ajaik , Oct 22, 2019 :
    How do I check if my OnePlus 7 Pro is unlocked?

Despite buying the phone in full at the flagship T-Mobile on launch day, and also being a T-Mobile customer for years, they are telling me they can't unlock it. Can someone explain the situation with the 7 Pro in the US ?

1571704082444.jpg

2. Vansh99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2019

Vansh99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Your best bet is to call them or go to a T Mobile store and try asking them. It's more of a T Mobile problem than OnePlus.

Even if you pay in full, your device still isn't unlocked unless you request for it, from what I noticed. You should have a Device Unlock app on your phone, if you can't unlock from there either, then yeah...contacting T Mobile would be your best bet.

EDIT: 7pro launched event had some OnePlus unlocked phones as well. Since you bought it on launch date, chances are you could have bought an unlocked one. If you don't have device unlock app / you have dual SIM / are running 9.5.13 or above, you have the unlocked variant.

3. ajaik
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

ajaik , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Yes, I bought it at the launch event in NYC and I'm running 9.5.13.GM21AA, and don't have an unlock app, so unlocked already then ?

4. ajaik
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

ajaik , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Also just as an FYI for other T-Mobile customers you can't unlock at a store - the staff will tell you to call customer service.

5. Vansh99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2019

Vansh99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 24, 2019 :
    You bought the unlocked variant.

Just to make sure, check if you have 2 slots on your sim card tray (one at the front and the other slot will be on the flipped side).