Case ideas

1. davieke
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

davieke , Nov 7, 2014 :
    So, I've just ordered myself 5 cases and a new big pack of sharpies, since I was so bored by the designs on cases currently offered and wanted something a little more unique. 3 clear tpu ones, 1 light blue and one pink. :) (and now a red metallic one)

Only thing is, now I have to think up ideas of stuff to draw on them. I'm pretty positive that nail varnish remover will take off the sharpie afterwards, so I can always redo designs if I get bored or if they mess up. Another advantage of clear cases is that I can trace designs from the web/printed things, which is fun. :D I've also got some tiny text stencils somewhere to keep font super neat.

I've ordered plain coloured sharpies as well as three metallic ones (gold, silver, bronze) to get some shine into the design. Should be able to do anything so long as it is only flat colours with no, or only block, shading.

Current ideas:

World map?
    Abstract sharpie stuff
    Mustache
    Text over newspaper
    Arc reactor (will probably try this first!) and other comic book/video game symbols
    Stylised Disney princesses, maybe Alice in Wonderland themed skin?
    Game of Thrones house sigils

Would love to hear any ideas you guys have, or see images. :)

If the colour doesn't show up against the black, could always paint underneath the sharpie in white or something. :) And to stop it rubbing/fading I'm planning on just painting over the design with clear nail polish.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

igadgetgeek likes this.
  2. MannaGrad
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

3. Ghavesh
    Donut Nov 7, 2014

4. jeffpagnutti
    Donut Nov 7, 2014

5. jeffpagnutti
    Donut Nov 7, 2014

6. vinikrish
    Eclair Nov 7, 2014

7. Feroluce
    Froyo Nov 7, 2014

Feroluce , Nov 7, 2014 :
    Nail varnish remover is really good at dissolving plastics!!
    Even if you use it sparingly, there's a good chance it'll make the case opaque.
    Use a baby wipe or those hand wipes you get in KFC instead.
    If you need fine control, get some isopropol alcohol from a chemist or an electronics shop and use a q-tip. ;)

Linanc7 and gusuraman like this.
  8. blur13
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2014

9. Crisisx1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2014

Crisisx1 , Nov 7, 2014 :
    I have been searching for a TPU BUMPER case.. I found some aluminum bumper cases but not feeling those.

10. aaroneb
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

aaroneb , Nov 7, 2014 :
    [​IMG]
    I designed this faerie for my latest hair tattoo.
    I also drew my avatar which I think looks pretty cool.
    I could share my future designs if you like.
    or if you think they look bad please construct an overly detailed insult.

Bassilk likes this.
  11. hotsauce
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2014

12. davieke
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

davieke , Nov 8, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

Here's what I'm planning on doing with the red one. :) Got plenty of different red coloured sharpies for the shading, as well as metallic ones, and planning to do the white part with white nail polish or tippex depending on which one gives me a flatter finish.

bit too blingy for me, and I stuff my phone in and out of my handbag so much I'll probably end up knocking the things off.

Gary127 and aaroneb like this.
  13. igadgetgeek
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

14. ronoldo
    KitKat Nov 8, 2014

15. Gary127
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

Gary127 , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Please post a photo when you get finished. Very creative!