Case - Stilgut leather for 64gb

1. quelquehomme
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2014

quelquehomme , Oct 29, 2014 :
    It's a tight fit, but the 64 GB OPO will just barely fit in the current StilGut cases. At least the case I got fits my phone. The real downside of the StilGut case for me is that the lid does not work with the phone's screen or proximity sensor or whatever.

When my OPO is in the black 1+ flip case that I ordered with it, I get instant ON/OFF screen activity by opening or closing the flip case lid. Not so with the StilGut vertical flip case. The screen clearly remains ON when the lid is shut, no matter how gently or emphatically I snap it shut, and I always have to tap to wake the screen after opening the lid (or rely on the power button, which I don't want to do).

I really like the look and feel and security of the StilGut case, but its lack of that instant ON/OFF response makes me favor the simpler and flimsier 1+ case.

ronoldo likes this.
  2. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Oct 29, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  3. Umbilicalboy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2014

Umbilicalboy , Oct 29, 2014 :

Well, i'm hoping the new version for the 64gb will fit as their version does for the 16gb?

I'm not worried about on off functionality as I have a pin for lock screen setup as I'm in an open plan office so when i'm away from the desk, it can't be 'accidentally' looked at!

In the meantime, i treat the phone like it's a new born baby, desperate not to drop it as it's most likely to happen when you don't have a case to protect it.

I did try using one from 1+ but it was too slippery and the profile/form factor didn't look like it would protect the screen if the phone was put face down.

I had a Noreve case for my old Galaxy Note, slim leather bound with steel caps embedded in the corners. Did a great job but too big for some.

4. quelquehomme
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2014

quelquehomme , Oct 29, 2014 :
    StilGut seems to be pretty responsive to customer problems, so I'm sure they will do some retooling before shipping out any more 1+ cases.

I should have mentioned earlier, though, that part of the reason my phone just barely fits in the SG case is the .22 mm tempered glass screen protector I added. That's how tight the fit is: .2 mm can make snapping the lid shut difficult!

I added the screen protector because the 1+ case felt too light to offer the screen much protection. In contrast, the lid of the SG case is not only firm and leathery; it's also padded! You'll definitely feel less "desperate" once your phone's in the SG case.

ronoldo likes this.
  5. shawnrh
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2014

shawnrh , Oct 29, 2014 :
    Has anyone used the TUDIA Ultra slim OPO case on Amazon? I ordered it, but I'd like to hear thoughts of the forum on this, since neither the case or my pre-ordered OPO will be here for a looooong time... (hint, hint--if anyone's got an invite I'd love to speed up the shipping process...)

ronoldo likes this.
  6. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 29, 2014

gusuraman , Oct 29, 2014 :
    See here:
    [LINKS] OnePlus One Accessories - Users Reviews and Impressions
    Many reviews:)

solidbox likes this.
  7. shawnrh
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2014

gusuraman likes this.
  8. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 29, 2014

gusuraman , Oct 29, 2014 :
    We are here to serve;)

9. Umbilicalboy
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2014

Umbilicalboy , Nov 6, 2014 :

Okay guys, you know I messed up saying the Stilgut case was available last time....well, it is now.

I've just ordered mine in black (someone on here said the brown one looks 'orange')

Dear,

I am happy to let you know that our new OnePlus one cases are from now available. You can visit our website and get the case you want:

http://www.stilgut.com/products/oneplus/

I remain at your disposal for your questions and I wish you a good day!
    Best regards,

Pauline Delacroix

AND THIS FOR FURTHER CONFIRMATION

Dear ,

The new OnePlus One cases fit both 64 and 16 Gb devices. So you don’t have to worry about the size when you will buy it.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions or claims. I will be happy to help you!

I wish you a good shopping time!

Best regards,

Pauline Delacroix

gusuraman likes this.
  10. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 6, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 6, 2014 :
    Thanks

11. ronoldo
    KitKat Nov 7, 2014

ronoldo , Nov 7, 2014 :
    Even though the OnePlus is a bit large, I'd like a leather case to attach to my belt...

12. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 7, 2014

13. marcs
    Froyo Nov 22, 2014

marcs , Nov 22, 2014 :
    Bought one of these last week on Amazon.de. The cover does effectively activate/shut down the screen on opening/closing.
    StilGut is premium quality.

14. Umbilicalboy
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2014

Umbilicalboy , Nov 22, 2014 :
    It was an unexpected surprise but the lid does shutdown the phone's screen.

Two days after fitting mine I got out the car and the way I twisted to get out popped the phone out of my pocket, it dropped onto the road on top edge, bounced up and flipped open and then fell screen down.

The case corner barely has a mark on it and the ridges on the border that run around the case kept the screen from coming into contact with the ground. Phone saved.

For me, worth every penny of the £28 !

I'd highly recommend it. Still fits easily in jean pockets with case on, for me.

marcs likes this.
  15. quelquehomme
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2014

quelquehomme , Nov 22, 2014 :
    Really!!??!! Does yours flip up or flip left to right like a book?
    Mine's of the flip-up variety, and my phone does not respond to any movement of the case.

If the left-to-right version does activate the phone, then I may want a replacement case.

16. marcs
    Froyo Nov 23, 2014

marcs , Nov 23, 2014 :
    Mine is the flip up version.
    Maybe there are two 'generations' of this flip up version. The first gen. was said not to fit the sandstone OPO. Then there was the redesigned second version which I believe I have ordered. Mine fits the phone to a t! And activates the screen when flipped open.

http://www.amazon.de/StilGut®-Ultra...416766229&sr=8-2&keywords=oneplus one stilgut

17. marcs
    Froyo Nov 23, 2014

marcs , Nov 23, 2014 :
    Glad to hear your OPO survived the fall thanks to the case. This confirms my believe that I did the right purchase. Though regret the case hides the sandstone back cover of the phone. But hey, it's a phone, it's not juwelry ;-)
    I don't regret paying 30 euro for it is a premium case. And as you stated above, it doesn't feel bulky in your pocket.

Umbilicalboy likes this.
  18. philesk
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2014

philesk , Nov 30, 2014 :
    Amazon has it: $39.95 w/Prime 2-day ship. Ratings say it fits the 64gb version fine. Amazon also sells a Stilgut for the white 16gb ONO, which is $29.95.

StilGut® UltraSlim, Book Type Leather Case for OnePlus One, Black (or Cognac)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014

19. philesk
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2014

philesk , Nov 30, 2014 :
    A review on Amazon states the Stilgut case DOES work the open/shut screen switch on the 64gb ONO...

20. quelquehomme
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2014

quelquehomme , Nov 30, 2014 :
    Indeed, the newer version of the case does wake/sleep the screen. I returned my $30 case, and picked up the $40 one earlier this week. StilGut/Amazon refunded about 3/4 of the price of the old case and gave me a discount on the new case in exchange for a product review. Nice company.