[Case w/ Pics] Pelosi Sandstone Black | Review

1. cooki3sanyday
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

cooki3sanyday , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Just got the case today. About 8 bucks online. Just a sidenote, it fits with my Orzly Tempered Glass screen protector.

Delivery:
    Shipping took about 3 weeks. Not the fastest shipping time.

Feel of case:
    The case is unique; it's different from the normal sandstone on the OPO. Feels alot like rubber, and isn't as gritty/grainy as the OPO feels like. I'd say it's about 70% similar to the stock OPO sandstone feel. At first it seems alot different, but after a day it seems alot more similar. It's grippy though, which is nice. Doesn't feel too bulky, and the corners are quite rounded giving it a decent feel in the hand.

Color:
    It is black, unlike the OPO's greyish black. Gives it a nice look. There is a sandstone blue option which looks pretty nice.

Conclusion:
    Is it worth buying? Up to you. This case is more for aesthetic. The unique sandstone, which is replicated, is decent. The look is simple and clean. It seems to lack protection. If protection is what you want, go for a tpu case like a diztronic. For 8 bucks, it's not a bad buy. Don't expect the sandstone to be replicated 100%, or you'll be slightly dissappointed.

FYI it does come with a screen protector... Seems really cheap though. Picture of it below.

~Ask me what you want to know about this case! I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.~

IMG_20141103_145143.jpg IMG_20141104_220910.jpg IMG_20141104_220824.jpg IMG_20141104_220751.jpg IMG_20141104_220744.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

radocernak, signa and twacrs like this.
  2. vmk2310
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

gusuraman and cooki3sanyday like this.
  3. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 5, 2014

cooki3sanyday likes this.
  4. leejpeter
    Froyo Nov 22, 2014

leejpeter , Nov 22, 2014 :
    @cooki3sanyday
    Hey I followed you from the earlier thread :)
    Great review btw. I actually ordered one of this earlier today and thanks to this review I am looking forward to it even more. Here is my question for you. So based on your experience with this phone, how is the case doing after some time of usage? any scratches on the phone? I've had some rubberzied-ish and sandpaper-y cover for my previous phone and the texture started to come off after some time, revealing shiny plastic body underneath. I am wondering if it would be the case for this one as well.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014