12. Candidate 12

13. Candidate 13

14. Candidate 14

15. Candidate 15

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. YRJ Lollipop Dec 24, 2018

YRJ, Dec 24, 2018 :
    I totally agree that things didn't go quite well this time, but it is not right to accuse each and every one involved. Measures have been taken from time to time in order to maintain the spirit of the contest, but the bad just seeps in from nowhere.
    Things can go wrong at times, at this point we can only hope that things get better.
    A little bit of positivity can work wonders, I am not defending or protecting anyone here, but people really need to develop a bit of positivity. It is infact great that things were noticed even before the results are out and we must give the credit where due. Let's wait for the sunrise I am sure @Trista W. Will clear the mess
    (P.S. Neither I nor anyone who I am acquainted with has participated in this contest)
    Regards,
    Yash

otto2, Bouncer71 and woSch like this.
  2. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 24, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dec 24, 2018 :
    On a related note, I wish I knew this before.

Why?

Here's my video for the Christmas Carol contest. Yes, that's me on the video. All me. Just chilling and singing about Christmas. :p

Themurtuza, Baymax, YRJ and 7 others like this.
  3. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Dec 24, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Dec 24, 2018 :
    Thank you for that lovely song, Cheetos :blush:

Themurtuza, otto2, Bouncer71 and 4 others like this.
  4. Kool_Kunal Eclair Dec 24, 2018

Thatlonetraveller likes this.
  5. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 24, 2018

dsmonteiro, Dec 24, 2018 :
    Now I understand. Sorry, but without context I wasn't really seeing what you're referring to.
    From our last DM, I answered the following:

upload_2018-12-24_16-32-55.png

Still, I do recall saying that EXIF is easily spoofed (but didn't make any mentions about instagrammers), probably not through DM but on a previous thread. Can't find it through search, though.

Still, we did have some verification before announcing the winners. As you probably know, it's already late night in China, so @Trista W. is no longer online, but she'll probably check this in the morning.

They were.

otto2, Bouncer71, woSch and 2 others like this.
  6. Punk_69 Lollipop Dec 24, 2018

Punk_69, Dec 24, 2018 :
    Still we're seeing photos not clicked by Oneplus devices here, and some excessively photoshopped images ..... Hm nice!

I said this earlier, nightscape competition is going to be the next big rigged thing after the LABs

otto2, woSch, Sujknair and 1 other person like this.
  7. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 24, 2018

Rigged means to "manipulate fraudently". It's a shame to see such accusation coming from an old forum user. Still, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

I do have to say I take it personally two-fold, though, considering I'm both an ex-LAB reviewer and I was part of the selection process for this year's winners.

Since you're accusing me of "rigging" contests, I assume my word doesn't mean much to you, but I can assure you, neither was this contest rigged, nor any of the LAB contests.

As for this contest, I already alerted Trista about the issues raised by people on this thread and she'll have a look in the morning.

Themurtuza, Alvie, superplus and 7 others like this.
  8. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 24, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 24, 2018 :
    This is what you said as far as I remember

@dsmonteiro let me make one thing very clear. We're not butthurt coz we didn't win. but yes, I'm butthurt when community gets ignored for big names popularly known as 'Influencers'. You're one of us and now you're involved in some of these contests and decision making, all we expect from you is that you give community fair importance.

If you take the essence of this competition it's to show how good OnePlus devices can perform at night by asking for a nightscape. So using DSLR shots isn't acceptable.

As you said originals were asked, can you make them public with exif info?

Themurtuza, oyao16, otto2 and 5 others like this.
  9. YRJ Lollipop Dec 24, 2018

YRJ, Dec 24, 2018 :
    I do not disagree with you completely, but there lies a lot of unanswered questions only the admins/staff members can answer......
    Like,
    How the person entered the contest? (Via Forums/Instagram)
    Weather the originals were compared to submitted entries? Was the exif data (even if manipulated/spoofed) checked?

As far as the entry itself is concerned, I agree that it really is too good to be true from a OnePlus smartphone camera. Let's "Hope" the admins rectify this issue by morning.
    While I do not have any evidence, I do believe that picking up fraudulent entries (on purpose) is something they wouldn't do!
    Cuz finally at the end of the day, they have to give the prize no matter whoever it is and the fact that they have been giving a high level of importance to photography when the lab and contests are considered it is shocking, how they got it wrong this time. Lets wish for a clean contest and fair play.
    Regards.

otto2, Bouncer71 and woSch like this.
  10. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Dec 24, 2018

11. YRJ Lollipop Dec 24, 2018

YRJ, Dec 24, 2018 :
    finally.......
    phew! we can now have some clarifications.
    :)

otto2, Bouncer71, woSch and 1 other person like this.
  12. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 24, 2018

Seems like I inadvertently steered @Trista W. from a well deserved night of sleep. She's collecting the original files we received to be shared in the thread.

Still, as for the Photo no. 8, I already checked the file and it was, without a doubt, spoofed. It says it was shot with ONEPLUS A6000 but the aperture doesn't make any sense (f/4). This will be handled, no doubt.

No distinction was made as to where the pictures came from. They were chosen on looks alone. It didn't matter if you were an "influencer" or not.
    Also, it was never my opinion that "Community" is limited to these forums. There's plenty of people that share the same passion about tech and equally feel part of the community by participating on other social networks or even only on offline events (like pop-ups and launch events).

13. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 24, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 24, 2018 :
    Any clarification on blue hour Vs night shots?

14. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 24, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 24, 2018 :
    @Trista W. none of us are asking for an immediate action. Please enjoy your Christmas time

Themurtuza, otto2, Bouncer71 and 5 others like this.
  15. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 24, 2018

16. imkhaleel00000 Cupcake Dec 24, 2018

17. Vignesh_chandz Honeycomb Dec 24, 2018

18. B_Wrath Marshmallow Dec 24, 2018

B_Wrath, Dec 24, 2018 :
    It's your click. Don't have to act like a stranger.

19. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Dec 24, 2018

One of the person I know found out some of the original entry posts. So, we do know where some of the candidates entered the contest. I'm not aware about the rest of the information though.

Not really. OnePlus devices can capture some decent pictures while using Pro Mode. But yes, some of these looks heavily edited. I'm not against editing, not at all. Editing is the way you can actually attach that photograph to your identity, but capturing them on other devices and saying they were captured using OnePlus devices - that's where the problem rises.

It's nearly the end of 2018, and there are several companies who faked the camera samples in their advertisements. So....

Also, they give devices to some of the photographers and I hope you know that. So, instead of giving them devices directly, they might sometimes make them win such contest. (Just a guess)

And they've got it wrong several times. Several times, questions were asked. And several times, those voices were suppressed. I just don't want to go back to ranting about all that now.

otto2, Bouncer71, YRJ and 1 other person like this.
  20. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Dec 24, 2018

Eggjactly, my opinion.

Themurtuza, Bouncer71 and woSch like this.