[Cast Your Vote Now] 'The Showcase-join the ‘OnePlus Explorer Backpack’ reviewer squad!'

?

who you want to hear opinions from?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2018.
  1. 1. @Sriharsha Koduru

17.9%
  2. 2. @Elliro

6.7%
  3. 3. @RJBoss

18.9%
  4. 4. @loco-cork

6.3%
  5. 5. @BobbyVK

18.6%
  6. 6. @Overzee

5.6%
  7. 7. @Yashshah_36

17.2%
  8. 8. @dalmia09

9.8%
  9. 9. @camohan

22.5%
  10. 10. @Clamarmic

3.5%
  11. 11. @Its.Leandroo

7.7%
  12. 12. @puma95

9.5%
  13. 13. @sapshot

19.6%
  14. 14. @BraveFox

7.0%
  15. 15. @harichand raghavan

35.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 5, 2018

meatandy , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I voted for the people who spend time in the community
    (Forum , Twitter , etc.)And whose opinion and writing I am already very familiar with .

SoniaB, Trista W., the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  2. Punk_69
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2018

Punk_69 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Thanks.

3. Yashshah_36
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

Yashshah_36 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Hey. I'm not here to criticize or anything. But as I'm seeing how this is going. I just wanted to say that I really loved the old system where the Oneplus Team was a judge and they would decide the winners or the review squad without any questions raised and makes it fair for all the participants. The voting system is a great idea but it's kinda manipulative and has lot of mixed opinions. You can already see in which direction it's going. It's just my suggestion that I liked the idea how winners were selected before this voting system depending jow good their reviews are to the Oneplus team.

loco-cork and Trista W. like this.
  4. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Nov 5, 2018

RJBoss , Nov 5, 2018 :
    But the system demanded a change, hence the voting polls were invented. Maybe it'd be an eye-opener for those who actually do fake voting or those who are inactive since long. Cause this system demands a fair share of love and support to everyone who wrote their best.
    At the end, you're not in it only for the backpack. Each and every community user here or who'll be buying the new backpack, will read the review you'll write after winning this contest and it matters a lot. Not only to you but the entire OnePlus team as well.

SoniaB, Trista W., B_Wrath and 4 others like this.
  5. Yashshah_36
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

people never really complained about the old system and how LAB reviewers were selected. I think Oneplus Team is a good judge by themselves and they would obviously choose they best reviewer which they think there is for the community.

6. RJBoss

RJBoss , Nov 5, 2018 :
    They already chose the Best 15 out of 22 people who actually wanted to review this backpack. Also, I'm sure the voting won't be sufficient as well. They'll remove all the fake votes and inactive users too and then choose the best of the best.

7. Yashshah_36
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

yup. But this was just my opinion on the voting system. Nothing else. Anyways I would admire whatever decision the Oneplus team takes.

8. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I think it's as per rules. Thanks @meatandy
    Screenshot_20181105-082126__01__01.jpg

We (some of us) complained. Users mis used this opportunity. Doesn't mean it's flawed.

Sorry to say, but no user has been fair except @camohan (this guy didn't even get a self vote). I got 2 fake (requested) votes & I apologize publicly.

Guruji tussi great ho.

9. YASHPLUSONE
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

Its.Leandroo and Trista W. like this.
  10. Yashshah_36
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

Thanks. Glad that you liked my review

11. Elliro

Elliro , Nov 5, 2018 :
    YASHPLUSONE

I loved all the reviews but considering pics:
    shout out to @sapshot for the photography!
    for the literary skills:
    the top 3 reviews are:
    @Overzee
    @Yashshah_36
    @Its.Leandroo

(in no particular order)
    I am super confused and I don't think I am going to vote

*grumbled mumbling*....

:D

Overzee likes this.
  12. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Nov 5, 2018

Trista W. , Nov 5, 2018 :
    crying[e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e]exactly what i wanna say

13. RJBoss

RJBoss , Nov 5, 2018 :
    But don't cry, please? :)

14. Elliro

Elliro , Nov 5, 2018 :
    While this is a great idea, I do feel this first implementation needs a bit of manual moderating because of all the users voting for friends and stuff. The idea seems to be great in theory but the practice leaves a little to be desired, with more active members being favoured contrary to the spirit of the competition.

I am confident you'll find a way to do this properly in the future, but maybe this one needs some manual moderation?

That's just how I feel on the matter.
    -Elias

15. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    We're ready to help you lower the burden a little.

@RJBoss let's share the cries so that @Trista W. doesn't have to cry longer.

@Elliro don't you think long time active members who've been helping out people deserve that little support? Coz in the very first place only quality entries are selected by staff and so they're of equal quality. Then it comes to the community, as to whom they want to hear from. Maybe they want to hear from their forum friends (who gave quality entries). Also, it's not possible to monitor user thoughts and filter only those who voted thinking 'yes this is a quality entry'.

16. Elliro

Elliro , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I didn't think of it that way, I suppose you're tight, but I do find it slightly unfair, especially with the limited number of votes. If the poll was available in the community app we would perhaps see a more even distribution of votes, and the biased votes having less effect?

idk, I'm just thinking out loud here, and I'm open to discussion. :D

-Elias

Trista W. likes this.
  17. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Nov 5, 2018

Trista W. , Nov 5, 2018 :
    (just my own idea)I did the preliminary selection so as to ensure no matter who has been selected is qualified enough from my point of view. Since I'm new here, so actually I don't know any familiar faces. From where I stand, this process is completely fair. However, there is no denying that those who posted his entry are almost community active users and those who show their passion towards the contest. So it's hard to say someone choose somebody out of friendship or high-quality. Besides, I don't think users vote for their friends is wrong. Those active users can be described as the influencers of our community. Now that people are willing to hear their opinions, why can't they play the same role of biggie YouTubers on our community. but ofc, the quality of content is boundary line.
    Besides, I'm really touched by your feedback in the comments section, giving me much insight into how to improve 'nightscape' rules.
    this is the first trial of 'voting by users'. I do know there exist much deficiency, and really thanks for your support and understanding.

18. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2018

dalmia09 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I'll also share it!

BobbyV8_ likes this.
  19. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    This makes me cry.

@RJBoss wanna join me bestie?

dalmia09 and RJBoss like this.
  20. Elliro

Elliro , Nov 5, 2018 :

Trista W.

(just my own idea)I did the preliminary selection so as to ensure no matter who has been selected is qualified enough from my point of view. Since I'm new here, so actually I don't know any familiar faces. From where I stand, this process is completely fair. However, there is no denying that those who posted his entry are almost community active users and those who show their passion towards the contest. So it's hard to say someone choose somebody out of friendship or high-quality. Besides, I don't think users vote for their friends is wrong. Those active users can be described as the influencers of our community. Now that people are willing to hear their opinions, why can't they play the same role of biggie YouTubers on our community. but ofc, the quality of content is boundary line.
    Besides, I'm really touched by your feedback in the comments section, giving me much insight into how to improve 'nightscape' rules.
    this is the first trial of 'voting by users'. I do know there exist much deficiency, and really thanks for your support and understanding.​

As I said to @BobbyVK , I see the point that voting for active members is not wrong, however since the poll isn't visible in the community app, I think that the people voting actually just do it to vote for friends, and the people who would choose based on quality move on because they do not find the poll. So it seems in this case I think those votes are a little too important.

-Elias