[Cast Your Vote Now] 'The Showcase-join the ‘OnePlus Explorer Backpack’ reviewer squad!'

?

who you want to hear opinions from?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2018.
  1. 1. @Sriharsha Koduru

17.9%
  2. 2. @Elliro

6.7%
  3. 3. @RJBoss

18.9%
  4. 4. @loco-cork

6.3%
  5. 5. @BobbyVK

18.6%
  6. 6. @Overzee

5.6%
  7. 7. @Yashshah_36

17.2%
  8. 8. @dalmia09

9.8%
  9. 9. @camohan

22.5%
  10. 10. @Clamarmic

3.5%
  11. 11. @Its.Leandroo

7.7%
  12. 12. @puma95

9.5%
  13. 13. @sapshot

19.6%
  14. 14. @BraveFox

7.0%
  15. 15. @harichand raghavan

35.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Nov 5, 2018

RJBoss , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Awesome! Thanks for the needful insight!
    Now when will the results be announced? Because 90 hours technically ends at 6th Nov, 4am, IST.
    Too excited already xD

Haha, as I said, don't cry, please? If it's happy tears, then surely!

dalmia09 and BobbyV8_ like this.
  2. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Sure, happy tears ofcourse.

Thank, you didn't say "I'm in"

dalmia09, GopalB. and RJBoss like this.
  3. GopalB.
    Nougat Nov 5, 2018

GopalB. , Nov 5, 2018 :
    You saw it now... :rolleyes:

dalmia09, BobbyV8_ and RJBoss like this.
  4. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Was calculating 90Hrs from your post!

dalmia09, GopalB. and RJBoss like this.
  5. YASHPLUSONE
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

YASHPLUSONE , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I loved your entry too... @Elliro look at the first comment.
    I only gave a shout out to @sapshot for his photography.
    but while picking the top 3 I looked at the pictures the literary skills and also how long the member has been on the forum
    (all 3 have been here for atleast a year now! )
    and fairly active.
    of course not talking about @RJBoss @BobbyVK who have been here for pretty too long and know the game quite well so I don't include them! (no hate at all!)
    while your time on the form does not project your capabilities and potential I feel that being a slightly old and an active forum member has its own benefits! [e]1f609[/e]
    I am sure whoever wins it is completely deserving, in my opinion all entries are worthy enough!
    regards,
    Yash

Elliro likes this.
  6. Yashshah_36
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

Yashshah_36 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Exactly what I was trying to say.

Elliro likes this.
  7. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Nov 5, 2018

SoniaB , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Yes, it can also be manipulated by users opening duplicate accounts as well. :rolleyes:

I am all for community voting, but it has to be from active community users.

Those that have tried to manipulate the voting by using duplicate accounts, new accounts and then getting old inactive forum users to come on to vote will be found out.

It's bad sportsmanship and totally against the basis on which this contest was created. Moreover, 15 finalists, 10 overall winners. The odds were pretty great for people. No one had to do this crap to secure votes

Elliro, B_Wrath, BraveFox and 4 others like this.
  8. loco-cork
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

loco-cork , Nov 5, 2018 :
    As per rules you say? Fine. The rules also didn't say anything about new users or older users that are not so active. When you sign up to the community you have options to use Facebook or Google. Why do you think is that if not for the fast opportunity to share community posts, issues or
    ... competitions? Why assume that only old and active users are here to see opinions of others? Before I bought my OPO I did spend hours here reading about it. The same before buying 5t. Am I less valuable user to the community because I post, answer, help or interact only when I see it viable and meaningful ... and don't get engaged in random chit chats about nothing or asking for OTA's release date for the thousand time? Every competition like that has at least 2 purposes. First, get the interest and reward the community. Second and the most important, get the word out and get people talking and clicking ... in one word ADVERTISEMENT.

Anyway ... it doesn't matter now ... but you simply don't change or adjust the rules when the game has started.

Good luck to the ones who wrote the best review (not the ones with the highest number of friends).

Elliro likes this.
  9. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    We don't know the game quite good yet! Had we known, we'd be The LAB squad by now & not enter this.

NO. While many are talking about voting, I can see some old member's posts are not picked up. Not because they're not worthy, but they didn't show efforts in their entry here. Reason - I believe @Trista W.'s statement that entries are pickedup unbiased.

Want to know more? I'm up for discussions via DM.

They had to change coz we see, few users manipulated the system. Silly, everyone of us.
    You're questioning voter's decision! we can't really influence how they vote is what I'm saying.

For your concerns regarding the votes, mods are working & the results will be fair. I trust their fairness.

Voting in app - this was already reported. Probably @David Y. will be working on it.

For once, can we hold our discussions please? They'll come up with a fair decision soon. Hey! it's 5/November already, let's get the toast ready for those who wins. This fiasco shouldn't effect celebrations & reviews.

Elliro likes this.
  10. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 5, 2018

Its.Leandroo , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I'm glad you liked it :D

YASHPLUSONE likes this.
  11. Elliro

Elliro , Nov 5, 2018 :
    haha thanks, I was only joking

YASHPLUSONE likes this.
  12. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 5, 2018

Its.Leandroo , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Pssssttt.. I've been fair, too :(
    I don't have any friends *cough*

Elliro, YASHPLUSONE and BobbyV8_ like this.
  13. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    *cough*cough* DM

14. YASHPLUSONE

while I agree with what you have put up in your defence, I strongly disagree with the idea of giving the lab or showcase opportunities to newbees or inactive members of the forum!
    with active members we do have a slight basic idea of the potential of the applicant while in the case of newbees/ cupcakes we are totally clueless of his worth.
    no doubt his output may be surprising and jaw-dropping but giving chance to a person who has put in the effort and contribution towards the forums for quite sometime is in my opinion more sensible!
    peace! [e]270c[/e]️☮️

15. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I agree, but feel everyone deserves a fair chance. A stranger today could be your best friend 1 year down the lane. Don't believe me?

@NeVeR_SeTTLe is an example.

Anyways, discussions in DM please. Let's not ruin fun of this contest

16. YASHPLUSONE

Imma cut it here!
    yeah let's not spoil it for everyone! [e]1f60a[/e]

Elliro, Its.Leandroo and BobbyV8_ like this.
  17. BraveFox
    Froyo Nov 5, 2018

BraveFox , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Hi, I'm new to be active in the community and I didn't request any vote, as I prefer to gain what I deserve.
    Now after staff wrote that fake votes and responsibles of fake accounts will be excluded, faked votes started to appear also to the other partecipants, like to mask.
    So don't worry staff could see the geographical position of accounts. :p

Completely agree! :)

Elliro likes this.
  18. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Well as I said earlier, they're taking care of it. Don't like to fill the thread with this anymore

Elliro likes this.
  19. Elliro

Elliro , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Is it fair to assume the number of votes in this poll is no longer representative of who will end up getting in the reviewer squad because of disqualifications?

20. Elliro

Elliro , Nov 5, 2018 :
    haha same