Celebrating a strong start in Europe for 2021

1. Tuomas L.
    Head of Strategy, OnePlus Europe Staff Member Apr 28, 2021

Tuomas L. , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Success Story PR.png
    Hi friends,

I have some exciting news to share today – I’m pleased to share that we have had a fantastic start to the year in Europe, with our Q1 2021 results showing a 388% increase in sales compared to the same time in 2020, and revenue increasing by 286%. This growth is largely fuelled by our flagship smartphone range, contributing 65% to the overall revenue, including the recently launched OnePlus 9 Series. In fact, in France and Spain, the OnePlus 9 Pro achieved outstanding results including the best-selling smartphone on Amazon on the first day of sales.

Thank you to everyone who has helped us achieve this milestone.

There’s been a lot to be thankful for, starting with the overwhelming response to the recently launched OnePlus 9 Series, our most advanced flagship smartphone line-up yet, featuring a top-tier flagship camera experience with the Hasselblad Camera for Mobile system, next-generation high refresh rate displays and fast wireless charging technology that outperforms the wired charging solutions of most of its competitors. Today, we serve our community in Europe with a diverse product portfolio comprising premium and mid-segment smartphones and the recently introduced OnePlus Watch, our first connected wearable for global markets, and wireless audio accessories.
    1561313-37ef8f051c859dd0ece4874826a18546.jpeg

Our strong performance in Europe can also be attributed to the success in the Northern Europe which contributed to over 30%, the highest contribution to the region’s revenue, closely followed by Western Europe. This performance aligns with our growth strategy to capitalise on opportunities in the Nordic region, Belgium and Netherlands. The Central Eastern European region also made a healthy contribution, closing in at the third position as we gradually expand our presence in markets like Poland and Romania. Amongst the countries, the top three performing markets include the UK, Germany and Finland.

Success Story PR infography LORES.png

As a token of appreciation towards our community in Europe, we have some exciting offers on OnePlus 8T and OnePlus Nord, starting May 3. For more details you can visit our website and official channel partners.

In the future, we will continue to work towards bringing a wider product portfolio of future-ready 5G devices, working together with our community and making OnePlus a name to reckon with when it comes to a reliable and premium smartphone experience at all price points.

But for now, a sincere thank you from me and all of us in the Europe team.

Never Settle,
    Tuomas

2. jhfernandez
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh and Dresa91 like this.
  3. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 28, 2021

4. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2021

5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 28, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Nice one:)
    Congrats OnePlus:)

6. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 28, 2021

7. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 28, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Very pleased to know that OnePlus is sharing some figures on community forum with the users. :)
    Keep up the good work. ;)

8. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 28, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Some cool figures to see, good to see you're growing.
    Maybe a oneplus experience center in europe soon?

9. oneplusfav4ever
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 28, 2021

10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 28, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh and Dresa91 like this.
  11. RonaldM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 28, 2021

RonaldM , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Congratulations on this great achievement! I am excited about your products since the OnePlus One (still in use!). I now have the OnePlus 9 pro and I can't be more pleased!

puccellino, Adesh.sanmukh and Dresa91 like this.
  12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 28, 2021

Cheetosdust , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Congratulations to the whole team on achieving these numbers.

I hope that with the growth in sales we can also experience a growth in the streams that support them: costumer service, a better store, etc. I would also love to see more local and localized content. I know Portugal is a small market, but it's something I will always champion for.

This is interesting, specially since the OnePlus 8T, for example, is already discounted here. I am curious.

Keep up the good work, never forgetting who made those numbers possible: each and every single one paying customer before, during and after the 388% increase. ;)

superplus, Adesh.sanmukh and Dresa91 like this.
  13. Iuliskaya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2021

Iuliskaya , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 30, 2021 :
    Congratulations 👏🏻🎊🎉, but you can work to bring more connectivity with the carriers across europe like in Romania. There is only 1 from 3 which supports oneplus devices.

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  14. Kerkdriel_Online
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2021

Kerkdriel_Online , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Apr 30, 2021 :
    I have completely lost faith in OnePlus! Was a very happy user since 2014 🍀With an emphasis on was... They should be listening a little more to their first users (and customers) and not just be (only) busy with the Marketing Machine. OnePlus users are losing confidence in the company. 👉 What do you mean with #NeverSettle??

bobsta and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  15. Khushii21
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  16. 3lFatal
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2021

17. Adesh.sanmukh
    Jelly Bean Apr 30, 2021