Celebrating with our Community: CES 2020 Best of Innovation Awards Winner

1. OscarPapa6
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2019

OscarPapa6 , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 16, 2019 :
    I got the OnePlus 6 as an upgrade from a mid range Xiaomi phone. I usually upgraded my phone around the 2 year mark but with OP6 I think it will last me at least 3.5-4 years as it will have all the lastest software updates. I may need a battery change later but I have the option to replace it at ₹600 so it won't break the bank.

One of the concerns while buying was the glass back but with a case it has survived multiple drops without any damage. The metal frame and the gorilla glass do their job.

Dash charging and alert slider are two things that are a must once you get used to them. The battery capacity is adequate if you have a Dash charger around. Lack of bloatware and option to disable most apps helps the performance. I have around 100 apps but they don't affect performance of the device. Gaming is a pleasure, it runs PUBG/COD at max settings without any thermal issues.

The only problem for me is charging the phone on the go. It charges at 10W on a non Dash/Wrap charger and that's a shame. The 7 series supports Power Delivery upto 18W so they have addressed the problem in a way. A powerbank with dash/wrap charge support would be a great workaround for 5 and 6 series users.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019

2. Edi12
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

Edi12 , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Looking for a phone that is sturdy, good on battery life and with features above average, I remember my girlfriend asking me to get a phone in atleast a premium smartphone segment, I finally decided to get OnePlus device. She owned a OnePlus One and experiencing her phone was a wonderful experience. The phone had its appeal, I loved it then and even do now.

I got my OnePlus device after using a Xiaomi phone. The experience was alright. The phone was under INR 10k category, worked satisfactorily but in less than a year gave up, battery life, features more or less remained same, build wasn't strong and sturdy enough to withstand roughs of time and space.

The device I bought, a OnePlus 5, I never thought I'd love it so much. It's a great phone, battery life, build quality, among many other things is one of the remarkable features that I love about this phone. Different customisation options that I get is plain awesome. The updates, small or big were great. The developers go to great pains to provide best user experience and I have observed, they have generally listened to the feedback, both from the forum and the open beta programme.

I could not participate in the beta programme or various other programmes that OnePlus keeps on organising due to some prior commitments but I feel great to be a part of a community that value there customers and make us feel as if we're a part of the team.

Great work OnePlus

3. THARUN.M
    Donut Nov 16, 2019

THARUN.M , Nov 16, 2019 :
    OnePlus is brand that gives infinity feature to their user from 2013.i am OnePlus 7 user. I always say that there is no word in world having eligiblity to describe OnePlus.

OnePlus =best display,best Dolby speakers,best battery,best ram,best operating system,best camera,best charger,................etc.......................

Q1571718344108 and Wonderwoman13 like this.
  4. 00768
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2019

Q1571718344108 likes this.
  5. Aakash360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Nov 16, 2019 :
    So many things to say about the Pro which is actually pro in all sense. Before writing this I was watching YouTube and listening to music and I MUST tell you this that this phone made me forget my earphones as the speakers are so damn strong they literally cover my whole room and this is really awesome to feel as I am a very big fan of the sound yet there are many more features which i would like to go through.

First :- "90HZ Display" : ( Literally feels smoother than my girlfriend's skin [e]1f602[/e]". So let me begin my saying this is the best display to have right now with that 1440p video quality and without and "Notch" interruption, it's truly immersive experience. The feels of filling up the whole screen with video and the amazing sound quality and ooooohhhh the SMOOTHNESSS I could literally drool over the phone all day long.

Second :- "Design and Color" : I can go on and on about the design and color which I have i.e. Nebula Blue. I know the risk of using the phone without the cover still I use it without cover, only this tells you that I love how sleek the phone feels in my hand [e]1f60d[/e] . And yes I always keep my phone on it's screen, while showing the back, I am literally the fan of the Nebula blue color, I went over my budget just to get this specific color. All rounded corners, almost bezeless display, it packa everything a normal person to a gamer would dream of. I mean just just at the curve side it's OH MY GODDD[e]1f60d[/e]

Third :- "Gaming Experience" : So let me tell you how I game on OnePlus 7 Pro. Being a heavy user of games, I used to always have wireless headphones or earphones but with this phone dammit I never get to use any of them because the speaker does it all even in PUBG and COD, I don't care about the battery I play these games at high resolution...the screen burns but I literally don't care enough [e]1f602[/e]
    I sit on the chair, take my phone, Fnatic Mode on coz obviously, sound to full, haptic feedback to the rescue, display set to highest resolution merged with 90Hz display. And I keep on playing like this for hours and ours[e]2764[/e]️Worth paying extra for this.

Fourth :- "Oxygen OS is LOVE" : The horizon light, the crisp display, the Zen mode, Fnatic mode, Work Life balance, Parallel apps, Landscape Replies, Long press on fingerprint to access most used apps, All over Dark theme, Focus mode, Screen recorded, The OnePlus's dashboard for looking where I parked, for many other widgets, The apps drawer, Hidden apps section , Adaptive Battery, RAM Management, and many more,these features are god sent . Kudos to the developers.

Fifth :- "Warp Charge 30" : A charger that charges a phone so quick that you never need to feel that need for a powerbank or night long charging, 4100MaH battery with power-packed Warp Charge does it all for me, Game for 5 hours straight charge for 1 hour and then back to gaming for 5 hours straight, I mean what more could anyone ask for[e]1f602[/e][e]1f60d[/e] Not much heating, could charge it while playing , feels amazing to be living in 21st century with this kinda technology around [e]2764[/e]️

Sixth :- "Camera" : That triple camera setup with that telephoto lens, wide angle and 48mp with EIS and OIS is just so amazing I never felt a need to carry my dslr around, this is my handy tool for everything, the camera app with the pro mode gives me everything I need to click a perfect shot. Everytime I'm out with girlfriend, friends, family, relatives they all ask me for my pro to take the perfect shots and even at night with the Night Mode, the pictures are just perfect.

Seventh (for the 7 Pro) :- "Total Showoff [e]1f60d[/e]" : I love to show this phone to everyone and have a boost to my ego, but in a good way[e]1f602[/e] It's a complete showoff I must tell you, everytime go out and pull out the phone out of my pocket and everyone just gasps in amusement [e]1f60d[/e] The time I unboxed this phone infront of the my colleague they were like DAMNNNN and were all drooling all over, this tells so much about the phone [e]2764[/e]️

So this was my experience with OnePlus 7 Pro.
    Thanks
    Never Settle [e]2764[/e]️

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019

pudge752 and Ruby G. like this.
  6. Jean Camilo
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

Jean Camilo , Nov 16, 2019 :
    I think everyone knows using a OnePlus is the smoothest experience you can have. I've been following the path of OnePlus since One but I only had the opportunity to join the community last month and I don't regret it. The 7T Series caught my eyes and I got the 7T, wich is the best phone I've ever had. But to explain my experience with OP I have to focus on other two key points.

1. Unboxing & Hands On

As an aspiring designer I always focus on the looks, so you might figure I loved it!

I watched a lot of unboxing videos of the 7T, so I was REALLY excited to receive mine and the day after I bought it I put my hands on the box. The Box.

The retail box was the first contact I had with a OnePlus product, so it was the [amazing] first impression. The best unboxing experience I've ever had, so I'm really glad that OP put efforts into it. It was very satisfactory how the beautiful, red, long box with that inspiring message led to the stunning Glacier Blue OnePlus 7T!

View attachment 1183045

View attachment 1168158

2. Community

Right before I got the 7T in my hands I started to interact with other OnePlus owners on Twitter, who were welcoming me into the community. Since I started using it, I met new people to talk about design, photography and to share thoughts about OnePlus products. I think this is a very positive thing that OnePlus started because it creates a sense of belonging and really enriches the experience with the product.

Thank you, OnePlus!

Never settle.

7. Brolykke
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2019

Brolykke , Nov 16, 2019 :
    I'm so happy that I made the jump and got a one plus 7t pro, it's loving up to all my expectation.

haven't noticed any thing I don't like about it, so far.

8. B.I.T.S.
    KitKat Nov 16, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 16, 2019 :
    How did I miss this!?

Thank you @Ruby G. for this opportunity to share our experiences in a celebrating atmosphere. Congrats to everyone that has been involved in this!!

I am a proud owner of this awarded device and all I can say is that after spending 5 months deciding "to buy or not to buy", it was worth the wait and struggle.

I had never heard of OnePlus before this device, but as they say... Is never too late, right? :rolleyes:

It all happened like the whole universe conspired to drive me here, to this phone, to this company, to this community. My eyes were on the Huawei P30 pro (still drooling over that zoom...), but when I was one click away from buying it, the US ban happened.

Since I was watching all possible reviews about the Huawei, suddenly I started getting suggestions of OnePlus 7 Pro unboxings. And of course... I watched one.

*Insert holy celestial music*

The first of many. It was like my dreams since phones started having touch screens came true, all screen, almost no bezels, no notch... And a fun pop up camera implementation, (I know there are/were others before but this was the first one I discovered).

Once I had watch all possible unboxings, after one week/month reviews, camera comparisons, briefly incursions at the surface of the community, and many annoying chats with a friend's exposing my doubts (he's an apple boy so he wasn't helpful at all) I decided this was my phone.

Then I chose the almond variant was the one I wanted, but in my region wasn't still available so while waiting kept watching, doubting and annoying my friend... And when it was finally released something happened that made me have to wait more. Again the struggle, the patience, the investigations.... Until some days before my birthday I clicked the buy button.

And that's how my story with OnePlus (and this community) started. It is still short, we still haven't lived adventures together...

Until now during this period of time, -not even 3 months yet- I've make my first incursion into astrophotography, I've dusted off my photography knowledge to share some of it with the community, and all in all, I've waken up my hibernated photography vein...

These and other good things thanks to this phone and to the special inhabitants of this community (you know who you are).

So, congrats again! And thank YOU (is a big you that contains a lot of things...)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019

9. Starcommander
    KitKat Nov 16, 2019

Starcommander , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Waoh thats a big one!

Q1571718344108, MosheG1 and B.I.T.S. like this.
  10. B.I.T.S.
    KitKat Nov 16, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Conclusion... Don't let me write :rolleyes::p

11. Starcommander
    KitKat Nov 16, 2019

Starcommander , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Aah thats why I thought how I missed your bday on forums....

12. Y1573463990456
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2019

Y1573463990456 , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 16, 2019 :
    I've been a fan of OnePlus since the One. I've been following Oneplus' journey year by year and finally last week I bought a 7T. The phone is simply amazing. What makes it stand out among the rest is its performance. Day to day tasks work flawlessly, and gaming is second to none. That's the beauty of a phone that lives with its speed, you don't just see it, you feel it.

13. 10kevinn
    Donut Nov 16, 2019

10kevinn , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 16, 2019 :
    OnePlus is my first phone into the flagship category and honestly, I am ecstatic. It is such a great device for amazing value and I deeply appreciate that. The 90hz and fast charging with no notch is one of the best parts of this whole phone. I can't ask for a better phone.

14. tjdarren
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2019

tjdarren , Nov 17, 2019 :
    I am using 7T Pro McLaren version. You can't imagined how fast this McLaren speed. I believe I may receive lots of speedy tickets while I am using McLaren edition. So so smooth and can't imagine how cool is it until you are seat in Thanks OnePlus bring us a wonderful cellphone experience

15. L1571510729336
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2019

L1571510729336 , Nov 17, 2019 :
    I have being using OnePlus 7 pro for nearly one month now. It is an amazing experience to use this wonderful device.

16. I1562869506998 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 17, 2019 :
    I bought op 7 pro enthusiastic. i used mi before... compare to prise, specification and update service.. it's poor than mi.. also not able to follow it's promise of update and security patch.. camera is good but not that much batter and upgradation is also slow..
    I thought when op launches its first phone for customers.. services are getting slow as before..
    I heard that op team work for costumers let's see. how much it will improve in future.
    but still stable update not receive for my op7 pro since last one month..

Q1571718344108 and Mickey117 like this.
  17. VJK21
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2019

VJK21 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 17, 2019 :
    so why they realeased 10.0.1 with lots of bugs???not even they think to realease a bug fix update.

18. Thendrack
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

Thendrack , Nov 17, 2019 :
    :'( I wanna cry, I'm not a one plus user. Even though I would love to be, I just guess that that path isn't for me. Best of luck to you all. :)

19. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2019

thoma_hawk , Nov 17, 2019 :
    1573975088388.jpg

I was introduced to OnePlus by a friend who had bought the very first model, the OnePlus One. He used to go gaga over how this new company created the perfect marriage between best hardware and mod friendly software, at a very reasonable price (the very first flagship killer). I was genuinely impressed and it didn't take long for me to get a OnePlus for myself, the OnePlus Two.

It had everything I could ever want back then, and more. OnePlus pampered owners with USB C type connector (an industry first), laser focus, excellent set of style swap covers and this model ushered the Oxygen era. The phone was a star in my circle and I even had friends of friends asking me about the phone (the VR launch created lot of buzz and excitement was over the roof but referral system made it difficult to get your hands on one).

The ownership was touchwood and I used it for almost four years (it still had no trouble crunching whatever I threw at it. I had to let it go just because of the battery capacity and tendency to get warm). During the time I had my OP2, OnePlus grew up from enthusiasts brand to an household name in India. Everyone had one; from my uncle who was over 50 years, to my little cousin who just got into college. The brand earned its postion as the number one premium smart phone brand in India and rightfully so.

When it was time for an upgrade, everything other than a OnePlus felt like a step back. It had been four years, but OnePlus still made me feel the same way I did back when I bought my OP2. It was difficult to buy anything other than a new OnePlus (for me it is the new 7T). With the 90Hz display, versatile set of cameras, OnePlus Care, best hardware and latest software, it ticked every box and more. A OnePlus connects and appeals to you in a way no other brand does.

OnePlus evolved to what it is now by listening to its customer base like no other brand ever did. The fruits of labor is visible in every feature and tweak in Oxygen OS. If there ever was a democratic way of making phones, this is it. Congratulations on the well deserved award and I'm sure there is going to be more. All the very best and Never Settle !

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019