Celebrating with our Community: CES 2020 Best of Innovation Awards Winner

1. chrisrc86
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

chrisrc86 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    To sum up my experience with OnePlus....
    -Got OnePlus 5t at launch
    -Compared my super fast, no bloatware device to all my friends
    -Over a year later remain extremely satisfied with my bargain priced device with flagship performance.

2. pushbuggy2000
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

pushbuggy2000 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I first heard of the OnePlus 1 from my son and ordered it. As you are all aware, that was many years ago prior to anyone even remotely hearing about it. Then when the OnePlus 6 became available, through my carrier T-Mobile, I rushed over to them on the day of the release. They could not believe that I still owned and was still using my OnePlus 1. The salesman actually called everyone over to look at it.
    That being said, I love my OnePlus 6 and I can honestly say, I don't think I will ever own any other phone. The quality of these phones is amazing. Thank you for caring about your product and the people you are servicing Nina

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. emilgh
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

4. S1574352334330
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

S1574352334330 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Dear OnePlus

I can't put in words how much I love this phone! when I showed this phone to my friends they were shock and respecting the beautiful AMOLED display. I love you ONEPLUS. #letmewin

5. N1571800862315
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

N1571800862315 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Here is my Story on oct 23, 2019 I decided to move away from the Samsung Galaxy life.
    I was always curious about the OnePlus brand,so I decided to go ahead and order 2 OnePlus 7t, one for my wife one for me.
    The phone unboxing experience was way better than Samsung hands down#NoLie
    Now with my luck my silver frost screen was defective from factory.the OnePlus customer service went ham on it had me a device at my door asap.i love unlocking my phone face unlock ..... I will definitely stay here#NoLie.

6. bchevres
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

bchevres , Nov 21, 2019 :
    This phone is my first OnePlus and have gave me one of the best experience I have ever had from any phone. the phone is responsive no matter what you are doing, the display certainly is a plus. The battery is great and the charging time is what I was expecting. Very solid and well made device.

7. Y1547269036965
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

Y1547269036965 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I always heard about OnePlus but never actually got one until now. I used to only use Samsung devices. Since I switched to the 6T I am never looking back. Best experience I've ever had with a phone. I feel confident that I bought the right device for myself. I constantly tell people about OnePlus and how we never settle.

8. O1574352845288
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

O1574352845288 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Honestly have enjoyed my time with my One Plus 6t. it has been an amazing phone for me and my used. the only issues I have with it at the moment is that it likes to show the home button bar when I receive a notification and my phone is locked. when I'm ready to upgrade itll be a one plus device for sure.

9. amitn2000
    Donut Nov 21, 2019

amitn2000 , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Congratulations on the well deserved Award.

My personal journey with OnePlus started from OnePlus 1 where the software was from CyanogenMod and then with OnePlus 2 came the breathing Oxygen. It was a bit glitchy and not that smooth compared to other phones in the market. But that is expected in first few iterations. I made a switch to Google series and kept OPO2 and Google as both primary driver for me to see how the OPO makes its system more finished and comparable. Took a break from new phones when OPO3 and OPO3T were released. My friend bought the same and saw the experience was almost 180 shifted compared to my OPO2, so bought OPO5 the day of release. Google was still a daily driver for me along with OPO but down the line today I took the decision to get a OPO 7t pro McLaren Edition and Google phone is converted to secondary driver now. So overall the company OnePlus has come a long way and I totally agree you guys have taken the feedback and comments seriously and put in convert them into practical decisions which is the result you have been recognized and one of the top smartphone makers in the world.

Oneplus iterations of phone can be considered as a learning lesson in personal life. You should never compromise and keep on updating each time, not like some smartphone makers who just concentrate on hardware and try to lure customers based on the extra space and processing power, which is of no use of the underlying software is buggy and cannot handle even 20% of it's hardware and storage properly.

Keep up the good pace and hope to see more innovations in future.

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. F1571602147076
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

F1571602147076 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I believe the OnePlus 7 Pro is the best Android experience this year. My only complaint is with the software updates. I know that one plus delivers some of the fastest updates in the Android market but I still don't have Android 10 on my OnePlus 7 Pro even though Android 10 has already, to my understanding has rolled out on newer and older OnePlus devices. Everything else is perfect. I used to be a pixel owner but I decided I was done spending more for less. So I switched to OnePlus and I probably won't be going back. This phone is amazing! Please keep the bezelless design in the future. It is incredible. I really don't like notches or hole punches and the motorized camera is so dang cool. Thank you OnePlus!

11. Melanie_Wood
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

Melanie_Wood , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I have literally never had a better experience with a phone in my life. I'm totally hooked, never going back. It's a fast, beautiful, efficient phone!

12. Cavin557
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

Cavin557 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    One plus 7 pro is beautiful in appearance, good in performance and takes great pictures. I very love it.

13. Hotrod1459
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

Hotrod1459 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I am still operating off my OnePlus 5. phone still works awesome. I only have a couple small issues with it. top of my phone I have screen burn. and my voice-to-text program ain't the greatest. I say but it writes what, I say in it writes and, I say and and it writes in. but besides that I am very happy with the performance of my OnePlus 5

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 21, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Congratulations to OnePlus and thank you for the opportunity, @Ruby G. :)

The hardware on the OnePlus devices I have is still solid. Even the other day I was playing with the OnePlus 3 and it’s still a phone that works, allowing me to do almost everything I do with the device I use daily.

However, that experience also reminded me of the memories I have accumulated during these last years and how they are associated with OnePlus hardware.

Sad news, exhilarating news; professional developments and places I visited, meals I ate, shows I saw; birthdays, holidays, years that changed the last number without asking permission; people who were added to my contacts list, people who left my life.

My life is like a carousel and OnePlus devices were there for me like a safety net, like reliable machines; like backgrounds transporting in silence the noise of my emotions.

Hardware, phones, pieces of metal without a heart are often described as inanimate things. But our experiences with them give them a heart, even if it is a reflection of our own.

Here on the forums and even on the beta programs for the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 5, the company allowed me to find a mental state of constructive criticism, trying to articulate what can be better and what should be rectified. That had a collateral effect on the way I live, it helped me to apply the same thinking on my own life.

So yes, I could be cynical and write they are only phones and that every single moment I lived through them would be the same with other brand. But the thing is, it wasn’t another brand, not for me. OnePlus was there when I connected with others and I connected with so many because of OnePlus.

It’s not like I was nothing without OnePlus, but I know I would be a very different person. Writing this is a collection of mementos and it's funny because the hardware evolved, the company evolved, and I evolved with it all.

And it all started with a problem. I bought the OnePlus 2 and I didn't like the phone. I sent it back. However, OnePlus offered a return process so smooth, I decided to try again with the OnePlus 3 and here I am, a few devices later. This is the apex of my experience with my OnePlus devices and a foreshadow: OnePlus won me as customer because it did not tried to make me a prisoner of a product.

Some lows and a lot of highs, then. A lot of "It's a OnePlus" as an answer here in Portugal to the answer "what phone is that?" and a lot of "Yes, I'm happy with it" when asked if the phone was giving any problems; and above everything else, a lot of "Yes, it's unlocking with my face, it's that quick" when Face Unlock became a thing I couldn't believe myself.

All in all, it's OnePlus.

And sometimes, that's says it all about the friendships made and the hardware that allowed for so many of them. ;)

Ruby G. likes this.
  15. thomasfu1
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

thomasfu1 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I don't know if my first reply got posted so this post is just in case. I've had OnePlus devices since the 3T, and recently switched to the 7 pro. I gotys day that these devices have been the fastest phones I've ever used. the screen on my 7 pro excellent and it's as fast as ever. My 3T is actually still pretty snappy, but I switched to the 7 pro due to the software updates for the 3t coming to an end. The only issue with a OnePlus phone is that the camera on my 3t had issues focusing due to a hardware malfunction, but I must commend OnePlus's customer service for fixing the problem within 4 days and without charge. This is also despite the 3T being out of warranty. I love OnePlus as a company and hope to continue using their devices in the future.

Ruby G. likes this.
  16. G_D_Rock_75_NwHv
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

G_D_Rock_75_NwHv , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I love my OnePlus 5T!!! I had heard good things about the earlier phones and I wanted to give OnePlus a chance. I'm so glad I did!

Being disabled and unable to work I stay home and spend A LOT of time on my phone. Between watching videos, listening to music, playing games, and talking to friends through text or phone calls, I use my phone almost all day long. It's not unusual for me to spend 8-10 hours on it, every single day. It's kept me sane, no word of a lie. Without having something to occupy my mind I would probably go crazy being in pain all day with nothing to do.

Despite that kind of hard use, my phone STILL acts like it's brand new. I have zero issues with it. I've worn Samsung's, HTC's, and LG's out in less than a year, but my phone is still perfect! I don't plan on ever buying another brand of phone unless something drastically changes with OnePlus. Keep up the great work!!!

-Dylan

Ruby G. and U1559826452216 like this.
  17. Prigas
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

Prigas , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    This is my second Oneplus device. I love it but I kinda hate to sometimes too. Updates are so bad even though I hear people make good comments on OnePlus providing timely updates. That's so not true. My first OnePlus, that's the 6t was still running on a 2018 Dec security update when I got the phone in September 2019. The phone felt choppy at first but became more snappy after all the apps installed. for my current phone, that's the OnePlus 7, it feels quick even though gestures are still not great. I love the camera, it is not perfect but gets the job done. Updates are still poor when my old galaxy S7 had gotten a September 2019 security update and this phone is still on August 2019. OnePlus you're trying so hard and we appreciate it, please don't fall back. I hope to see significant improvement when I decide to get either the OnePlus 8 or any newer versions.

18. liammbailey03
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

liammbailey03 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I have loved my 7Pro. I have a friend who is always jealous when I take my phone out. People love the front facing camera "it's like a little robot!" my friends are always asking "wait, how do you take such good pictures?". I tell them the specs of my phone (8gb ram 256gb storage model) and they are blown away that it's only $700. I love the 90hz display. It's so smooth, and beautiful. I've never had a faster phone than this. It does everything instantly. I can have an app open in the background for several days and go back and it's still open! I love everything about this phone. I imagine my next phone will be a OnePlus too.

19. Eastar80
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

Eastar80 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Honestly I wasn't sure about buying the OnePlus. I had never heard of the brand before. In the store shopping for a new phone looking to upgrade was the start of the best decision I could have made.
    I had no idea idea what I wanted. Other than a lot of memory and a decent camera. My children wanted me to buy a iPhone because that's what they all have. But, I'm not a fan. The salesman showed me several phones. And I liked the OnePlus 6T out of the group. For one the price and then the features were all it took for me to make a decision.
    I love my phone! I've put this phone through a lot...lol
    I know that the OnePlus brand is where I'll be shopping for now on.

Ruby G. likes this.
  20. O1574353757486 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I've been mostly impressed with speed and performance. I don't have cable and I stream everything to my Google Cast TV. I love how quick I can get content up and running on my TV.

Also have been impressed with my camera quality especially Nightscape shots. I've been taking more photos than ever before thanks to my OnePlus 7T.

And it's the OnePlus innovation that impresses me most. The Quick Gestures are the little features that are so useful and I use regularly. Definitely best phone I've ever had!