Celebrating with our Community: CES 2020 Best of Innovation Awards Winner

1. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

Tax_Mny , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I've never heard of the phone you mentioned. When I say the 7t reminds me of Nexus line of phones, I mean it's relatively cheap, it runs close to stock Android with tasteful tweaks, it gets software updates almost as fast as the Pixel line of phones.

In fact the OnePlus 7t released Android 10 before Google officially did with the Pixel 4. The phone you mentioned is probably ONLY available in your area because here in the US I've never heard of it. I never even seen mention of a YouTube review on the phone you mentioned and I watch tech reviews daily.

OnePlus is pretty much worldwide the how the Nexus was.

Q1571718344108 likes this.
  2. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

Tax_Mny , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I agree. It sucks how long the carriers take to roll out an update. We can't blame OnePlus though. I just hope OnePlus releases the MSM tools for carriers so that we can flash the international software. Other than T-MOBILE being slow with updates, I love my 7T!

Mickey117 likes this.
  3. V1544387248968
    Froyo Nov 18, 2019

V1544387248968 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I don't want to be Long winded. A t mobile sales guy told me about these phones when you had too order one. he had. so this year, I told him I'm going to jump into the new OnePlus 7t. I've them All in 20yrs. every smartphone since they came around 11 yrs ago. by Far this is Best phone I've ever owned. I did tons of research on The company The owner. it's a conglomerate now, which really Rock's The Boat.this phone kicks ***. I've yet to have a phone like this impressive charging. no lag,no hiccups. Grease lightning,moves at the speed of light. 90hz refresh.wow is it The combo of 855+with everything together [e]1f44d[/e] that makes this phone Flagship!!! at this price.my cameras are The Best I've used, night scape works fantastic. I leave The settings on the phone alone,what pics.only when it's dark I make changes. Love The no waterfall screen.love The no Pop up selfie. biometric unlocking is a miniscule fast! no bloat your There with the updates. people wanna talk about a tear drop screen,no up rating. well at 599.00 USA dollars.who cares about those minoot things.would you go swimming with any phone [e]1f602[/e] your drunk! I phones are but ugly, look at that notch, look at the Ridiculous Price!how did it ever get so high$$$. spec for spec,dollar for dollar, this phone makes The other look bad!it takes anything I throw at it.no freezing. no bullshit. Just reboot do your updates,this low maintenance for a stellar phone. it's an Android, make it yours.have fun enjoy it. at this price I might buy one for my son. but I'll be researching The next OnePlus phones,so I'll jump when ready.pete Lau and your technical team keep up your great work. you've got a customer for life,no looking back. Thanks for this fabulous phone. but I did research it. first these people are brilliant. so enough said. I bought it I'm happy no cons, All Pro's.Thanks again to the tech Team. Tony. prov..RI USA.

4. T1566323450787
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

T1566323450787 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I am a OP 6T user, I bought it early in the year, I must tell you it's super amazing, I love everything about it to the warp charge as well, another interesting thing is, it commands respect anywhere, the display is supper amazing and very attractive, people always wanna see your brand of smartphone, they be like, what model of Samsung is this or some would be like , is this an I phone, to their surprise, you mentioned a name they hardly hear about and this earn OP many accolades. I really appreciate this platform, it makes a lot of sense, it's so informative, educative and fun filled. I hope to upgrade to OP 7T Pro, I can't wait to have a feel of it. keep the flag flying 1+

5. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

mateo1597 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    2020 Best of Innovation Awards Winner.
    Wow, congratulations, you really deserved it :D

My own adventure with OnePlus began with the 3T model.
    It is true that I followed your actions on the smartphone market from the very beginning.
    I managed to get my first invitation in 2015 for OnePlus 2 :cool:
    However, I was tied with Asus Zenfone, which seemed to me to be the king of speed
    (especially on Custom ROMs that I installed) :p
    Everything changed when I had the opportunity to test OnePlus 3 on my own.
    Smoothness and responsiveness, I was surprised that the smartphone can work like that and I began to regretfully look at my Zenfone, which suddenly became old and slow :eek:

However, I skipped the basic model 3 and bought a 3T.
    I used it all the time until recently, where I call a lot for business purposes,
    I use navigation, e-mails, internet browsing, some games (both older and newer more demanding ones).
    The phone never let me down.

Bearing in mind that I'm not afraid of software changes (on Asus I learned what it means to unbrick device :p)
    I immediately joined the Open Beta programme on the forum.

But the time has come for an upgrade and I am now a happy owner of the 7T Pro.
    And I can say that I have in my hand a piece of excellent tech that will serve for a few years just like my 3T,
    which is still fully functional (live and kicking :D).

I also have to admit that what most often makes one stays with the product / manufacturer for a longer time is the community. Looking at my previous experience, it was the community that made me stay with Asus for so long.

Now it is the OnePlus community that makes me more and more willing to come here,
    where I can learn a lot of new interesting informations and read opinions of other experienced users.

#Never Settle

6. Prof.ashutosh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2019

Prof.ashutosh , Nov 19, 2019 :
    My journey with OnePlus started with the OnePlus 6T last year in November 2018. I got the early booking offers and discount from Amazon India. Before using the OnePlus 6T, I had Samsung in the premium range & MI Phones in mid-range. I’m still fascinated by the Samsung AMOLED display and its Camera Quality. But at the same time, I was annoyed by its hanging problem. I was feeling sceptical about switching to a new brand like OnePlus, but finally, I decided to give a try to OnePlus mobile by listening to a lot from friends and its positive word of mouth in social media.

Once I started using the OnePlus 6T, I could see the difference. I was amazed by its premium aesthetic looks having Mirror Black finish at the back. Though, I was worried it could break if it falls accidentally. I ordered the official Nylon grip protective back cover from OnePlus and quickly gave protection to my device. The second thing which I liked most is the alert slider. Yes, for the first few days, it becomes a game for me to switch on & off between silent, vibration and normal mode. Seriously, it’s one of the coolest features which differentiate the phone from all others. Next, I noticed the Oxygen OS, which is a soothing experience to use. I didn’t find any lags, glitch, hanging issue as I was having with the Samsung mobile.

Moreover, the internal space, yes, that is 128 GB which was more than enough for me. In my earlier phones, I needed to clean my internal storage regularly to save the space, but after using OnePlus 6T, I become carefree and stored all the kinds of stuff like videos, documents, pictures without any worry of space overload. Next thing was the camera which I always found better in Samsung. OnePlus 6T camera didn’t disappoint me, and when I shared the Diwali pics clicked at night on my OnePlus 6T, my friends started asking me which phone I have used. I was feeling proud to own the OnePlus 6T with peer reviews & feedbacks.

Next, I was lucky enough to win the OnePlus 7T in OnePlus Community contest for India organised by @Hee H. I was on the seventh sky after receiving the tag from our sweetest person @Hee H. who was managing the Global Community. After receiving the OnePlus 7T and using it for the next 5 minutes, I was surprised to see the vast difference between OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 7T. The most significant difference was smoothness while using the OnePlus 7T touch screen and its incredible vivid brightness. By handing back again my OnePlus 6t, I could notice the absence of such a smooth flow and lively look. Suddenly, my OnePlus 6T was looking old to me. I quickly fell in love with my OnePlus 7T. You can find my detail review here in the below-given link.

The things which I liked most in OnePlus 7T is its "90Hz Fluid display" which provides a smoothest flow touch experience. Next, Screen Brightness impressed me a lot which was bright enough in daylight. "Triple Camera" (especially the Super Macro Camera Mode) was the next coolest feature. Warp Charger 30T, Fnatic game mode & Haptic motor sensor ( Love it while playing Call of Duty & Asphalt 9) are the best experience while playing the games. Dolby Atmos Sound provides the immersive sound experience even while listening directly through the speakers. UFS 3.0 128 GB fast storage, latest 855+ Snapdragon Processor and of course the latest Oxygen OS 10 is ice on the cake. Other features which I liked it are Chromatic reading mode, Cloud service and monitoring of my digital well-being.

The best experience I had while using both the OnePlus models (6T & 7T) is it's lag-free, smooth touch screen operation without any hanging problems. Now I'm the Proud member of OnePlus Community and feels privileged to get the recognition, awards, points through the OnePlus Community, which I missed in all other brands of mobile previously I used. I like the concept that the voice of customers is heard directly through this Community platform and a sense of belongingness with OnePlus and ownership comes in the mind while using its Community and devices.

May this happy Journey of mine with OnePlus keeps on going with lots of amazing features, innovation and surprises from OnePlus

I would like to thanks all of you for giving your precious time to read my experience with the OnePlus devices.

Q1571718344108 and Wonderwoman13 like this.
  7. Prof.ashutosh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2019

8. pakole83
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

pakole83 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I have greatly enjoyed my time as a OnePlus owner. it's nice to have a phone where pundits keep it's name in their mouths. It's quick. It's responsive. it has . Ade me more attentive to what's important with zen mode. I feel like you listen to the community. I also feel like there is a community here. Overall, I have the most fun with my OnePlus and even daughter has enjoyed it.

9. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2019

JmcRepair33 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    um hello you do know that the software is given to tmobile at the same time we get it in the international, but tmobile and all the carriers add blaotware and modify it and release it on their terms with their mods. ITS NOT ONEPLUS FAULT. get it right

10. BigFootToo , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 19, 2019 :
    This is my my first OnePlus phone. I got the 7T at T-Mobile. I'm absolutely enjoying my experience for the first month, so far. Great options in the launcher and customization section in settings. I wish they had the Blue colour, but Silver is nice as well.

11. waleyard
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

waleyard , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 20, 2019 :
    The most important thing in a phone is software to me. First oneplus phone i saw op 6. I fell in love the moment i saw oxygen os. Super fast, super customizable. On top of that, with fluid amoled display make the oneplus best phone for me. I save money for months, and i was lucky to get oneplus 7t last month. Thanks to all community for making the oxygen os the best.

12. rahul_karwa
    Eclair Nov 20, 2019

rahul_karwa , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I have moved from a Pixel 2 to Oneplus 7pro and here my honest experience with the new Oneplus ( I have already used Oneplus X and Oneplus 3T in past):

What's Amazing:
    1. Display - The immersive display, a 90hz refresh rate and accurate colour reproduction. It's just the best display I have ever seen. After using the Oneplus 7pro, I don't enjoy using my wife's Oneplus 6 simply because my eyes are addicted to 7pro's screen. It's difficult to go back to a normal display now.

2. Oxygen OS - Have always been a fan of Oxygen OS. Stock android like, yet some much needed and powerful customisation tools (gestures, quick launch, SMS app with manager to name a few). It has to be the best Android skin out there (better than Pixel). To top it, software updates have been quite fast.

3. Battery and Charging - Charging on Oneplus has always been a breeze. With the new warp Charger, you can be rest assured for a full day charge (for a power user like me) in 30 mins top. Or just top up for 5-10mins and you are good for hours. This is such a life saviour!

4. Performance- As promised, it's fastest and smoothest, no questions asked here.

5. Gaming mode- The power, large RAM, UFS 3.0 storage, great screen and the fnatic mode ensures you are always on top of your game everytime, no matter how memory hungry your game is

5. Audio- Loud, crisp and clear. Better than most phones out there.

What could have been better:

1. Camera- No doubt the camera is quite good, but after using a Pixel, I wish it was little better in terms of sharpness and details. Macro mode is also missed.

2. One hand mode- Just a feedback to include One hand mode in future updates, given the large screen real estate it would make it easier to use in tricky situations. I really appreciate how the voice of the community is heard and hence it's only appropriate to provide constructive feedbacks and criticism to make future products even better.

Never Settle!

13. L1572888727737
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

14. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 20, 2019

luigimario , Nov 20, 2019 :
    My first OnePlus device was the OnePlus 3. I loved it from the first moment I took it out of the box, and it is still my daily driver. Even after 3 years it is still a powerhouse with no slowdowns and can do everything I need. I started using a custom ROM earlier this year because the official software support was ending, and that's another great aspect to this phone, that developers like it enough to keep making software updates for it.

I've gone through a lot with this phone, from travelling in North America, to vacationing in Japan. It has been a steady companion in creating and documenting memories, and just getting by day to day. The amount of time spent on smartphones these days is staggering and it has been a very pleasant experience with my OP3.

The hardware was great for when it launched and is still competitive to current phones. It is also a very durable build as I have dropped it a few times (in a case) and haven't sustained any damage.

I have also had several close calls with flashing software/firmware on my OP3 where I thought that I had bricked my phone for sure. But I managed to figure out how to get it back up and running, and in one case I was able to turn to this wonderful community and relied on some friends to give me some advice to get my phone working again. (Thanks @BobbyV8_ !!)

In all honesty I had fully intended to keep using my OP3 for another year or two before upgrading but the black Friday deal on the 7 Pro was just too good to pass up. I'll be sad to relegate my OP3 to the position of "back-up phone" but I am really looking forward to enjoying new OnePlus features like the 90hz screen, faster UFS 3.0 storage, and even the Zen Mode!

I think my favourite thing about my OnePlus device is that it got me to join the forums here. And because of that I have been able to meet and interact with so many wonderful people, both online and IRL and make some wonderful friends (you know who you are :D).

15. Luckatosh
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

Luckatosh , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Just received my very first op 7 pro , and im blown away. (grabbed it for 549$ as Black Friday sale. sweet!)
    upgraded from a not so bad Xperia xz2, tho it's had its issues. the display is mind blowing,first "edged" phone. HDR is gorgeous with the oled display. for a long time I did not understand why reviewers said 60hz feels like crap after experiencing 90. I thought they're over exaggerating, but no, they're right. after just an hour when I've turned on my old Xperia ,it seemed like crap. display wise too.
    my main issue with the Xperia was that it was too damn narrow and I couldn't write a single sentence without issue. here, that's non existent. While I can't really speak more about the phone as I only had it for half a day, I can see that this will hold for a few years for me.

best purchase and decision in a long time.
    thank you, OnePlus.

Q1571718344108 and thoma_hawk like this.
  16. A1574201041400
    Donut Nov 20, 2019

A1574201041400 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I first heard of 1plus, from my eldest son. Since he's a software engineer, I take his opinions on tech very seriously. We helped him get the 6T or Pro last year, and he still likes it a lot.
    This year, when my old G6 began to act up, I decided to try the 7Pro. I was very intrigued with the features, and ratings online.
    So far, it has been great. There are a few things that I miss from my G6, 1 of which is the voice control of the camera, but I can live without it, until it's added.
    I am excited for the upgrade to OS 10 here in the U.S.
    Keep up the good work.

17. QueenAnighty
    Froyo Nov 20, 2019

QueenAnighty , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 20, 2019 :
    So far apart from the slight issues that I have been getting from time to time the OnePlus experience has constantly improved my daily interactions towards smartphone. The AMOLED screen with the 90hz refresh rate is splendid, though I don't like the fact that it is not available on all applications, and the customization of the gaming mode makes playing high graphical content so smooth. Overall it's splendid and I totally get why the 7 Pro, which is the one I am using, had won the CES Innovation award.

18. Shane Nadeau , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 21, 2019 :
    To me, being a OnePlus owner, and a OnePlus customer, are two completely different things.

As a user/owner of a OnePlus phone, my experience has been incredible. My 6T is, by far, the best phone I've owned. Usually, after I buy a phone, I'm able to find its flaws within a few days. It has now been over a year, and I've still yet to find a single flaw. Performance, display, camera, design, price, it's the total package.

As a customer, it's been the worst experience of my life, as far as customer service goes. Whether it's by email, chat, or phone, it feels like I'm talking with someone who just started working an hour prior. Because of the poor customer service, I was left with a broken phone that OnePlus refused to fix, despite them being completely at fault.

I would love to get the 7T or 7T Pro, but I'm very conflicted. They look to be amazing phones. But, at the same time, it's so hard to be willing to support a company that truly doesn't care about the customer. Their motto is "Never Settle", but they expected me to settle for their mistake.

Q1571718344108 and Luckatosh like this.
  19. brian.sedore
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

brian.sedore , Nov 21, 2019 :
    My experience with OnePlus started with getting a steady job. I said that once I did so that I would invest in a good smartphone. I did my research and thought the best value was the OP5T. After receiving it, I was blown away at the performance and customization of it. To be completely honest, I wasn't thrilled with the camera, but everything else made up for that setback. After being stuck with stock Android, which I thought wasn't a bad thing, I was able to now customize pretty much any aspect of the OS (fonts, accent colour, buttons/gestures, etc.). The possibilities were endless.

The aspect that affected me the most was probably the Community though. I thought it was more of a gimmick than anything initially. However, for the most part, the people of the community are creative, funny, and genuine. The contests are the thing that sets OP apart from others though. There are much larger companies that I never hear of them giving things away to their users and somehow or another, I was one of the lucky ones that was able to win a device. I hope a deserving user will win the headphones and have that prize add to their OnePlus experience. Good luck everybody.

20. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Nov 21, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Nov 21, 2019 :
    3 duo was indeed the best build. With its last update rolling out, it feels like EOL but NO.

3T will be my favourite device forever. It didn't stop at giving me a decent mobile experience but extended to giving me an awesome family. Look around forums and I'm sure you'd find one of my friends in almost every thread. Even 'not so serious' or call it 'madness' threads gave me friends and hell yeah it makes me feel special. These amazing people stood by my side through ups and downs of my life and that was such a moral boost.

Free to flash policy of OnePlus gave me immense courage to try everything out there, brick my device couple of times and made me learn how o get out of it. Well with the 7T Pro things have changed and modding is a different game now, yet there's no stopping.

Thanks for the mention Luigi