Cellular not reconnecting after disconnecting wifi via OnePlus Community App

1. sxegti
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

sxegti , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Hello,

I recently got the 7T Pro Mclaren 5G. It seems anytime I disconnect from the wifi and try and go back to cellular, I don't get any data. it shows it's connected but no connection type. the only way I have found to fix this is to reboot the phone. I have tried to turn toggle mobile data, roaming, and connection type (this won't change from anything it is currently). Thoughts?

Shahreyar95 and mactoni like this.
  2. mactoni
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2019

mactoni , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I am too in the same issue. No idea. I´m trying to find a solution.

3. Shahreyar95
    Honeycomb Dec 18, 2019

Shahreyar95 , Dec 18, 2019 :
    I am facing the same issue I cannot log this as for logging the problem you need to restart the phone and it starts working fine after the restart.

4. spdsk8race1 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 5, 2020 :
    when connected to your home wifi, go to the wifi selection page, click the gears next to the connected wifi and under privacy, change it from use randomized Mac to use device mac address.
    if you did the reset network setting under system, make sure you change your preferred network type back to 5G, LTE, 3G, 2G as it default to LTE being the highest.
    delete the T-Mobile incorrect APN message also, it's under OMACP in message settings.

5. Leon.861
    Froyo Jan 12, 2020

Leon.861 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 12, 2020 :
    Hello,

finally I found some people having the same problem. I'm currently in contact with OnePlus about this, well, it's taking over 1 month so far and I still don't have a solution...
    I don't have the 7t pro McLaren but the normal one.

currently using my old OnePlus 6 thought cause the problem makes the 7t pro so unpredictable and unreliable.

I'll keep you guys updated on the process

6. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 12, 2020

npatel70 , Jan 12, 2020 :
    Instead of rebooting try putting the phone into airplane mode on for a couple seconds and then switching off. Your data should work

7. Leon.861
    Froyo Jan 12, 2020

Leon.861 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 12, 2020 :
    yep that worked for me the first 1 week or so. but that shouldn't be required. I've had the same thing happen to me multiple times.
    I go out to work, go into my car drive over and as I get to work and connect to the wifi, I get tones of notification, some important, some not so important.
    after 1 week the airplane mode strategy was dead. after I tried it, the cellular connection was completely gone for 40min. no data, no phone calls

8. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2020

npatel70 , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Hmmmm 🤔 wierd. In that case I've been having the same issue without realising it 😂.

I'll come back from work and switch to WiFi and I'll get a few messages come through. I'm thinking I've had full bars on reception and 4G+ 📶 all day. I put it to coincidence but now I don't think so.

9. Leon.861
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

Leon.861 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    well, thats not how it's supposed to be. that's why I'm in contact with the OnePlus support

10. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

npatel70 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I know.... Post on here if you get a solution from support. Thx

11. Leon.861
    Froyo Jan 21, 2020

Leon.861 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 21, 2020 :
    currently after a firmware flash via a remote session it seems to work for now but with previous software updates that was the same thing but after a couple of days the problem occurred again.
    let's see if the problem is fixed...