184 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Bigger battery

422 vote(s)
    26.8%
  5. Software updates for forgotten phones

124 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. Water Resistance (This will drive the prices up)

323 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Wireless charging

174 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Clear back (to see the components inside)

45 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malidan
    Nougat Mar 8, 2018

malidan , Mar 8, 2018 :
    True, but we know the screen will be a generic one and not to order to keep costs down.

2. malidan
    Nougat Mar 8, 2018

3. Brian Meyers
    Donut Mar 8, 2018

Brian Meyers , Mar 8, 2018 :
    I guess I am done at 5. I have had all the phones except the x and refuse to buy a phone with that stupid notch. I will go back to Samsung or something else but no notch for me. All I can say is Steve Jobs must be turning over in his grave. He never would have put up with this shit and it is shit.

4. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Mar 8, 2018

dsmonteiro , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Nope, that's the OnePlus 5t. There's no bottom bezel on this image.

5. mohawahba
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2018

mohawahba , Mar 8, 2018 :
    no notch please. make a poll and ask people if they want iphone x copycat or not. i believe since oppo released its flagship recently with a notch, then oneplus may follow their lead as usual. please please por favor no copy paste iphone x. it is really bad

6. malidan
    Nougat Mar 8, 2018

malidan , Mar 8, 2018 :
    I would be surprised in this day and age.
    It will only take a basic motor like the vibration motor and those have proved to be as reliable as any other part of a mobile phone, even more so than OP screens:tearsofjoy: ( sorry I couldn't resist :p)

7. malidan
    Nougat Mar 8, 2018

malidan , Mar 8, 2018 :
    5T pretty chinny at both ends, that image is very flattering.:)

8. youbi
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 8, 2018

youbi , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Will have to wait and see how it survives the daily use. I do wonder if they included some gravity sensor to quickly close the camera when he is falling to the ground. :p

Thew truth is that almost everyone that have ever had a phone with some mechanical part knows that its bound to break or at least have issues at some point. :sweatsmile:

9. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 8, 2018

10. youbi

youbi , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Threads merged. We already had a pinned one on this section to talk about the next oneplus device, we surely didn't need a new one. ;) Better keep it all in on place.

11. malidan
    Nougat Mar 8, 2018

malidan , Mar 8, 2018 :
    I would only get it up( the camera) for show and the odd occassion? I'm not really a selfie type person.
    But the advancement is truly welcomed and long overdue when you consider Huawei had a Device certified with a pop up camera sometime back and Xiaomi had a Mi 6 Mix concept with said camera back in 2016.

12. youbi

youbi , Mar 8, 2018 :
    My main issue would be while doing video calls with distant family, always a risky situation to get som fall of bump with the camera. :sweatsmile:

Maybe they saw the risk of issues CS they could have and decided to give up.

I guess we can say that it makes sense that a smaller OEM risks it first, but I can't wait to see the first feedback of it.

13. dantusris
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2018

dantusris , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Why would anybody want a notch on their screen? why would anybody want to make it even? It's an imperfection wanting to replicate for another identity crisis in a successful brand? Hair on fire!!

14. Vansh Khanuja
    Donut Mar 8, 2018

Vansh Khanuja , Mar 8, 2018 :
    i completely agree with you guys , it has been there for higher screen to body ratio but for me 18:9 will be better then 19:9 . But hey , Oneplus can also copy Samsung . it would be a much better implementation , We all hate the notch , I just hope they remove it . I want to deliver my message to Oneplus , I hope they care about their customers .

15. Suraj gurav 007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2018

Suraj gurav 007 , Mar 8, 2018 :
    if one plus hass notch...

then really im saying..

i will say truely copy oneplus is doing..

not invinteng their ownn..

huh..

16. Juan_Ma
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2018

Juan_Ma , Mar 8, 2018 :
    It seems Apple is gonna find an alternative to the notch. And I hope they do, I'm an "Android fan" but I've always liked their designs, except for the notch, if they stop using it, hopefully Oneplus, huawei, etc will

17. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2018

DanCtoo , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Oppo R15 has it so you know what's coming :)
    Personally i don't like it at all...

Notches.jpg

Juan_Ma likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Mar 8, 2018

Paschfire likes this.
  19. sumit.patil
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2018

20. eye842
    Lollipop Mar 8, 2018

eye842 , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Couldn't you have shared it in one of the existing threads about either the notch or the OP6?

Nick 59 likes this.