184 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Bigger battery

422 vote(s)
    26.8%
  5. Software updates for forgotten phones

124 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. Water Resistance (This will drive the prices up)

323 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Wireless charging

174 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Clear back (to see the components inside)

45 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 28, 2018

varma246, eye842 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  2. eye842
    Lollipop Jan 28, 2018

eye842 , Jan 28, 2018 :
    Yup.
    Looks like SE2, 9, 9plus, XI but you know rumours.

varma246 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  3. Mukund760
    Honeycomb Jan 28, 2018

4. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 28, 2018

jonathanlyng , Jan 28, 2018 :
    X doesn't sell, production is planned to stop soon while 8 and 8+ sales are great. I don't think they'll take risks this year so maybe more conventional phones... probably less bezels but nothing like the X. This isn't what consumers appear to want.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  5. Lord_Mithalvaiel
    Donut Jan 28, 2018

Lord_Mithalvaiel , Jan 28, 2018 :
    I would like USB C 3 instead of 2 and a partnership with a phone-desktop convergance company like sentio (like razer did). This would be a really nice feature for faster transfer speeds and wired external display. Quad HD would be nice (for VR). I realize it is unessential and bad for battery, but maybe defaulting the phone at 1080p or giving the option to change resolution in settings would rectify this. In display fingerprint would be nice, along with a useful dual camera. I know this is not oneplus's main focus, but a unique design would appeal to Western markets, especially camera wise. Water resistance would be nice. I don't think it needs a dedicated face scanner because with the OP5, I can testify the current solution works well. Cost cutting is important; I hope it stays under $600. Many people I know would have loved the OP5 or 5T, but they couldn't get it because of lack of US carrier support, so that would be nice, too. One really cool feature would be (optional) stylus compatibility, unless making the screen compatible would cost too much. Spec wise, no need for more ram, and the processor should be updated to the 845. Wireless charging is forgivable since it really doesn't improve in functionality over regular charging. Lots of updates would be amazing; they should be easier than before Treble, and it would really help Oneplus's image to commit to at least 3 major quick updates (or 3 years). This is a lot, but if oneplus wants to brand itself as the champion of the community, it would be very nice. Seeing Qualcomm is finally catching up, dash charge 2.0 would be nice, but since it is derived from VOOC charge, it might be easier said than done.

david0601 likes this.
  6. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jan 28, 2018

stephenboyo , Jan 28, 2018 :
    We don't want to see anything!

Punk_69 likes this.
  7. Lord_Mithalvaiel
    Donut Jan 28, 2018

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Jan 28, 2018

elanglois , Jan 28, 2018 :
    Add a GPS chip (Snapdragon chips have this integrated, so you'd be adding a whole new chip), smaller bezels, bigger battery? Uhnn ... 7" phone and double the price

9. elanglois
    Lollipop Jan 28, 2018

elanglois , Jan 28, 2018 :
    Why do you need an IR blaster? What do you want to control with it?

10. psideburns
    Froyo Jan 29, 2018

psideburns , Jan 29, 2018 :
    The only features I would want besides normal model upgrades would be stereo speakers, retain headphone jack, removable storage and more battery. The 5t has everything else I want. And if they threw in wireless charging to go along with my vast investment in this technology to date, it would be nice, but not necessary.

-p

11. Punk_69
    Lollipop Jan 29, 2018

Punk_69 , Jan 29, 2018 :
    Why did you make a separate thread for it, when there's a major thread for the same purpose?

idkwhoiam322 and Bouncer71 like this.
  12. arundas5959
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2018

arundas5959 , Jan 29, 2018 :
    Design and display of 5t is the best and cannot be improved upon unless you make it like Mi mix 2. Yes, camera needs improvement as OP is charging so much money. Drastic improvements in software, hardware is good.

13. Coastie
    Honeycomb Jan 29, 2018

Coastie , Jan 29, 2018 :
    Yes, add a GPS chip. Evidently you don't know what the BCM47755 is. Companies are also moving to multi layer boards, saving board space, making room for larger batteries, though size and capacity isn't always 1:1. Seems like you should do more research before making comments like this.

14. bryantut88
    Donut Jan 29, 2018

15. Abhi Dahiya

Abhi Dahiya , Jan 29, 2018 :
    Whatever the next flagship phone from Oppo and Vivo has, OnePlus 6 will have that. No need to speculate.
    Although i actually hope OnePlus goes for a unique design of their own without copying Oppo like OP3/3T were unique and looked absolutely stunning. Infact i have had so many people comment how my 3T looks way better than their OP5 or 5T

16. arundas5959

arundas5959 , Jan 29, 2018 :

Droid2drummer

This although a very subjective topic, is a good one ..
    The perfect phone has always been attempted but at the time of each release its never enough ..
    I would be happy with the 3t had I been given the opportunity to upgrade or add parts.. I know ARa was close at one time . I still dream of a phone that is screen, chip set, dac and etc upgradable .. Something so amazing would also be purely a hardware purchase where we would be with options for our choice to download and run whatever software we wanted .. Possibly a few free offers to premium for other software companies to compete for their business... I know this is a bit off topic but to me these are interests in this question of mine..
    If we are paying desktop (pretty much mediocre) we should at least have a manageable teardown solution for making the device last a little bit longer..​

OP 5t comes close to being perfect. Maybe a bigger battery. That's all. Camera is just great. I don't need dslr camera. It is quite powerful to last for few years. Just a bigger battery... like 4500 mah

Droid2drummer likes this.
  17. G_adel_shaikh_Bxmt
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2018

G_adel_shaikh_Bxmt , Jan 29, 2018 :
    Similar Expectations- Main Upgrade I want to see is in Camera department
    I wish it has Two 12 MP Cameras One Regular with f/1.6 aperture and one telephoto with f/2.0 aperture and also with Dual Pixel technology along with OIS.
    Other Most wanted features would be IP68 Waterproofing and A better and cleaner design.
    And as an added bonus.... Underscreen fingerprint scanner.

18. elanglois
    Lollipop Jan 29, 2018

elanglois , Jan 29, 2018 :
    I don't care. I have never once wanted a better GPS on my phone. The cost to add extra chips to a device is insane. Not at all worth it

19. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jan 29, 2018

stephenboyo , Jan 29, 2018 :
    I do not want what I cannot have! The message is simple...

20. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jan 29, 2018

Punk_69 likes this.