Change data settings under "Access Point Names"?

1. mcleaver
    Donut Jan 22, 2020

mcleaver , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Whenever I go abroad and am set to data roaming (free in the EU), then data doesn't work at first. I first have to find the setting to change "4G LTE mobile internet" to "Mobile internet". That wouldn't be so bad if that toggle was easy to find. But it is the only option under the misleading header "Acess point names"? I have no idea why. Any suggestions, or is this a bug? Oxygen 10.0.7 HD65BA. It's weird because there is no result for "access point" when searching in settings.

2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I recently bought a orange sim card in Spain and used it to travel to UK and Italy and didn't have any issues with roaming

Bouncer71 likes this.
  3. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 22, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    hmm??
    Maybe it's provider depending...?

Usually the phone does that all automatically...

Settings-> Wifi& internet-> sim& network -> Sim -> Network operators should be set to "Choose Automatically"

Roaming doesn't need to be deactivated throughout the EU even at home...
    Had no problems traveling from Germany to/through Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece... ;)

4. mcleaver
    Donut Jan 22, 2020

mcleaver , Jan 22, 2020 :
    It may be provider dependent. But the setting that needs changing is basically from 4G (at home) to 3G (abroad). Until I find this setting and change it, I get no data. My query was more about the name. This setting has nothing to do with "Access point names".

5. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 22, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    okay...
    I don't get why you should change it to 3G when going abroad...?
    EU regulations make sure that you get the same conditions and network EU wide...
    I would have a serious talk with your provider...

Anyhows...
    What you're looking for is located here...

Settings-> Wifi& internet-> sim& network -> Sim ->Access point names

and please use reply the next time... ;)