Change the Game: Back to School Offers + Student Giveaway!

1. U1565180082416 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

U1565180082416, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'm currently studying architecture right now with an intent to do my part in changing the culture of the architecture industry. In architecture school you typically hear a whole lot of information and instruction regarding things like form and visual identity and I've found that, while it is imperative to any good design that it has a visual identity, I've found that many of the biggest personalities in the industry have failed in to be the change they hoped to be when they were younger because they forgot about the people they serve. Milton Curry, Dean of USC's school of architecture really puts it best:

"We have an ethical responsibility to ask foundational questions of ourselves, of our discipline, and of the projects that we choose to spend our time on."

The soaring skyscrapers or massive developments that are being undertaken right now by the moguls of the industry set a precedent for future architects who look up to seniority for guidance and advice. There is an eagerness that comes with large scale projects that is valid, but I hear few voices at the top openly reflect about their eagerness and are able counterbalance this excitement with the reality of the work to be done whether it be engineering a mega structure or fitting a design into its environment, both figuratively and literally. When I graduate, I want to design structures, cities, and parks for the people who live in and around them and I hope that I can inspire many others in the field to feel the same.

Starcommander, Trista W. and Ruby G. like this.
  2. erixom Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

erixom, Aug 7, 2019 :
    When I graduate college, I want to to be a game changer in the IT field. I believe something that needs to be changed is how customer support is handled today, many companies specifically ISPs and cell phone service providers believe they can get away with giving the worst possible service to consumers and I believe this needs to change.

3. loukichamaryc Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

loukichamaryc, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I want to change the game by giving back to my community through health care. I WILL become a Nurse and is steadily pursuing that path now. I realize now that I have so much to offer people through my life and my success. I want to radiant and provide the best healthcare possible. Through our hardships and tribulations, we will get to where we all want to be. The journey is half the battle in life with treacherous turns and twists and I proudly welcome the sun on my back.

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. G_Rahul_Yadav_ytsE Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

G_Rahul_Yadav_ytsE, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I am going to start up a more better, cheap and efficient company than One Plus, so that student shouldn't reply at these giveaway.

5. A1550866010218 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

A1550866010218, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I want to work in informal science education, primarily at a museum or planetarium. I've spent two years working on my honors thesis where I have been working on refining the best method of education in the planetarium. I want young people to love science as much as I do, and to also learn in an informal environment. Informal learning is where I learned to love science the most, and I hope to create exhibits and programs that create excitement for science. I find that it's very important during a time that trust in science has dwindled.

Ruby G. likes this.
  6. Mohd Abubakar Eclair Aug 7, 2019

Mohd Abubakar, Aug 7, 2019 :
    As an avid android user and a Smartphone addict, I'd really like to develop new features in Oxygen OS which would benefit the users making them more productive. I'd like to research ways by which I can make the look, feel and optimisation better.

Ruby G. likes this.
  7. O1540843443897 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

O1540843443897, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Once I graduate, I want to make a difference by leaving a positive impact on the environment and those around me. I'm majoring in Environmental Biology, and I want to work in a conservation organization in order to help me accomplish this. I'm working to put myself ahead by working for my university's Office of Sustainability over the summer and by doing research with one of the professors in my department.

Ruby G. likes this.
  8. jazzy_jeremy Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

jazzy_jeremy, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'm a mechanical engineering major and when I graduate I want to change the game by designing products and systems that help people and the environment. I grew up a missionary kid so I know that there are many people around the world (including the USA) that still don't have access to basic needs like clean water, sustainable, clean food, basic first aid, or even light that I'd love to help some day.

Ruby G. likes this.
  9. gotaplanstan Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

gotaplanstan, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'm currently in grad school (with plans of continuing on to post-grad once I graduate next year) studying to become a school psychologist.

My goal is to help students become their best and healthiest selves. I plan on working with elementary aged children because, in my area, the demand is highest. I also really enjoy being around people that age, they brighten my day, and I'm hoping to help do the same for them!

In our country (USA) mental health is still really undervalued, especially in schools. Especially in at-risk demographics. I want to fight for them, and be a soldier in the army of change fighting against all the oppressive and institutionalized systems in place to not help them succeed.

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. ZMcE347 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

ZMcE347, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Contest Entry:

As a student, graduation can seem daunting. Upon completion your fully recognized as an adult, thrown out into the water where you sink or swim. Oftentimes that feeling can last, a perpetual struggle of trying to keep your head above water. But why? Can't those of us who have learned how to swim wait for those who are thrown in to help keep their head above water? My goal in life is to help people through my passion on health and exercise. In today's world it is so easy to become bombarded with everyday life that you lose sight of your own wellbeing. My plan is to reach and assist as many people as possible in order to improve their functional quality of life. I am currently on track for a Exercise Science Bachelor in which I'll then continue on to get my DPT PHD. However my plan is currently in motion, as a CPT currently I strive to improve my clients movement quality so they can go golfing, play with their children, help their SO paint the dining room. And so, I leave you with a quote from my late best friend. "Heal at the speed of light! Be better than anyone thought you could be! I know you can." -S.L.

Best of Wishes
    -ZM

Starcommander and Ruby G. like this.
  11. vannivanni Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

vannivanni, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I want to be a positive change in the environment around me. I'm pursuing a degree in IT and I want to use this degree to help people do their work, in turn helping my co-workers better the community.

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. S1565183544053 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

S1565183544053, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I want to develop products that help people in daily life and then become the great teacher that makes less people hate chemistry. Also if I do well, more people won't be afraid of chemicals and vaccines.

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. suhbatshugan Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

suhbatshugan, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I am a biomedical engineering student going back to college this semester to get a masters degree. I hope to develop bioimaging machines like MRI and X-ray CT machines once I graduate.

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. AllenRojas Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

AllenRojas, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'm in Dual Enrollment and I managed to graduate a year early. I need to two more classes for my A.A. in general Education and I will have both degree and diploma. I'm looking to enroll in Nascar Technical Institute and give it my all to hopefully become a mechanic/pit crew member for F1. My goal is to work for McLaren ️️[e]1f60d[/e]. (P.S. favorite driver is Lando Norris lol)

Starcommander and Ruby G. like this.
  15. TemiO. Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

TemiO., Aug 7, 2019 :
    I am a sophomore in college right now. My major is in mechanical engineering, and as a minority in engineering, it is personally important to me that young minorities have the opportunity to experience what engineering can be. Currently, I am already making moves to "change the game", since I am the vice president of the Engineering Student Organization at my school. I have many ideas to pitch to the organization that will (hopefully) influence not only minorities, but all high school/middle school students in the local area. Things like hosting local robotics competitions and going to schools and doing demonstrations.
    As for after college, I plan to hopefully work in the car industry, helping to design cars with improved efficiency and utility.

Thanks for this opportunity! Love OnePlus!!

Ruby G. likes this.
  16. Khansa_Zahed Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

17. Sir. Peacy the III Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

Sir. Peacy the III, Aug 7, 2019 :
    hello, I'm a student at Loma Linda University working on my Master's in epidemiology. I will soon be graduating this year, which is very exciting, I look forward to continue to my doctoral program at one of the possible universities that I intend to apply to this fall. through my education and projects, I am working to change the game by creating an all-encompassing program that allows students from different disciplines to be able to work together in a coherent manner, in order to bring resources, programs, and the knowledge the students have been gaining from their classes to the community. as a pilot study I am pulling students from epidemiology nutrition global health and health education to bring educational material,food demonstrations, and healthy lifestyle habits to the city of San Bernardino. in addition to this, we are working with the university to continue to expand the knowledge of high school students and undergrad students about the opportunities found in public health and how these programs can change the lives of many, benefit the community as a whole, and heal cities one person at a time. we as students of the School of public health at Loma Linda University are sitting down with faculty, staff, researchers, City council members, residence, and many more individuals in order to get this dream of ours out of our heads and into the hand side the people that need it most. wish us luck and hopefully we can have a pilot program by the beginning of January.

Ruby G. likes this.
  18. U1565186609616 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

U1565186609616, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'm a college student going to school to be an elementary teacher, once I graduate I want to make a difference in my own community with helping students in the classroom who might need those extra support with supplies or food that can't afford it at home.

Ruby G. likes this.
  19. Oky36 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

Oky36, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'll be changing the game by going to work in another country! I've been studying Asian languages, including Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, since high school. Hopefully, I can also get my TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification and become an English teacher in an East Asian country! [e]263a[/e]️

Ruby G. and Sir. Peacy the III like this.
  20. CBINVB32 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

CBINVB32, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'm studying to be an environmental engineer and want to change how we think about traditional waste streams. My work in lab focuses on developing proceses to recover nonrenewable resources from waste streams that currently result in large scale pollution. The hope is that, one day, efforts like mine will help to reframe wastes as "resource streams".

Ruby G. likes this.