Changes to USA shipping – Signature now required

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p1taylor
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2014

p1taylor , Jul 26, 2014 :
    I think it is poor form for my order to be sitting in Cincinnati with DHL for 7 days just saying on hold and no one is replying to my e-mails from OPO or DHL. Whats going on. So much for express shipping, i ordered it on the 17th July what a joke. Maybe I should report to PayPal.

2. dylaneyo
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2014

dylaneyo , Jul 26, 2014 :
    it's as simple as calling DHL... is it processed at cincinnati hub? arrived at cincinnati hub? or departed from cincinnati

3. metconnect
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2014

4. siddi24
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2014

siddi24 , Jul 26, 2014 :
    I am tracking my usps, and it does say signature required on the tracking page. Also I noticed that insurance is for $50 only, compared to $100, that I noticed in shipments to other users in US.

5. asuchemist
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

asuchemist , Jul 26, 2014 :
    When I first looked at my Shipping it said $50 insurance included. Now it updated to say Priority Mail 2-Day with $100 insurance included.

6. pilotone
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2014

pilotone , Jul 26, 2014 :
    My shipping status now says $100 for insurance and Signature Required. I guess it gets updated as time progresses.

7. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2014

nilrb , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Well, it's a good step. However, is it going affect the shipping from US to countries like India where it is not launched yet?

8. Turiad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2014

Turiad , Jul 26, 2014 :
    This gives a peace of mind. Ill gladly pay the bonus fee to ensure i get my lovely OPO

9. Lauren H
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2014

Lauren H , Jul 26, 2014 :
    This change is a good one. Packages do get stolen in my neighborhood from time to time. If the package says One+, I bet the chances of it getting stolen are higher.

10. bzmaru24
    Eclair Jul 26, 2014

bzmaru24 , Jul 26, 2014 :
    So my package was out for delivery today. I stayed on my couch all morning, which is 3 feet from the front door. By 1pm PST, I got suspicious as the mail always comes by noon. So, I go check my mailbox, and they left me a "Sorry, we missed you" slip. They didn't even check to see if I was home -_-
    Now, I need to wait until they get back to the post office later this evening to pick it up in person.

mahvi likes this.
  11. apurvaas
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

apurvaas , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Lot of folks also falsely claim that their device is stolen when the package is left without signature. I am not saying everyone who claimed stolen device was lying but there must be a'holes who like to get on a free ride and get another phone for free. This is a great move to prevent fraud. I'd say use FedEx which is a little more expensive and little slower compare to priority mail 2 day but it is way more secure. Contact fedex to open a business account which will give a good discount

12. apurvaas
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

You can make shipping address using their name instead of your

13. apurvaas
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

USPS priority 1-3 day mail gives 50 bucks insurance for free and if it's priority express, it's 1 business day with 100 bucks free insurance.

Claiming insurance with USPS for lost packages is also PITA

14. pilotone
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2014

Damn...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014

15. pilotone
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2014

Just checked my mail and looks like they came by earlier but no OPO? Not even a delivery attempt slip. I wonder if there's a separate delivery for packages.

16. vicarlob
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

vicarlob , Jul 27, 2014 :
    my problem is same with siervo es... can other people sign since i live in the Philippines but i have USA shipping address?

17. kawaii
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

kawaii , Jul 27, 2014 :
    It does not require the signature of the buyer, just a signature at the place of delivery to prove that it was delivered. It releases the seller of responsibility.

18. vicarlob
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

vicarlob , Jul 27, 2014 :
    btw, how much is the estimated shipping cost in the US, let say in San Francisco including the additional 2.35?

19. kawaii
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

kawaii , Jul 27, 2014 :
    $10.34, very reasonable since it's priority mail

20. mahvi
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2014

mahvi , Jul 27, 2014 :
    You're not the only one. My brother's OPO was supposedly 'attempted delivery' by USPS after 4pm yesterday, even though the rest of the mail for the apartment building had already come in sometime during the afternoon. To top it off, no notice so my brother had to call in and go through their automated system and spend 20 minutes setting up a redelivery. I had to hangout at home today, because they don't even provide an approximate time or time of day like 'afternoon' or 'evening' like UPS. If I had to drive to the USPS office to pick up a package we paid extra for, I'd be royally peeved. Fortunately, the phone rep asked if we wanted to leave instructions and we told them to come to our apartment door this time.

Good luck with yours!