Changes to USA shipping – Signature now required

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisfires
    Eclair Dec 9, 2014

chrisfires , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Signing is a great idea - but as others have alluded, postal workers are THE problem. Not all - but there are a lot of bad ones - in Chicago, I think we have some of the worst. There's just not enough accountability, each area post office is run like a fiefdom, where they make their own rules - and if things go missing?
    :: BIG SHRUG ::
    USPS scares me!

2. manshyworld
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2014

3. Lorenzod1
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2014

Lorenzod1 , Dec 13, 2014 :
    I believe my phone was indeed stolen off my doorstep and the shipping company said a signature wasn't requested I don't know what to do now

4. fenice
    KitKat Dec 13, 2014

fenice , Dec 13, 2014 :
    Raise a complaint with the shipping company and ask them for proof that no signature was required, you should also raise a support case with OnePlus and (possibly) with PayPal.

5. Lorenzod1
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2014

I've tried all of that. USPS said their records claim it was delivered, OP hasn't responded in the 2 weeks since I submitted the ticket and PayPal is waiting for a response from OP

6. Lorenzod1
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2014

I've tried all of that. USPS said their records claim it was delivered, OP hasn't responded in the 2 weeks since I submitted the ticket and PayPal is waiting for a response from OP

7. oneplus37
    Eclair Dec 13, 2014

oneplus37 , Dec 13, 2014 :
    good thing but i m still waiting for some invitation to buy phone.
    I hope soon i have one :D

8. tgooose
    Honeycomb Dec 13, 2014

tgooose , Dec 13, 2014 :
    Ask USPS for a copy and proof of your signature. Postal crimes are a felony, even if they are committed by the postal employee. The USPS even has their own "police" force to investigate things like this. I had to get involved with them about 10 years ago because the company I worked for was having an abnormal amount of postal shipments not get to the addressee. They were very effective and caught the 2 postal employees that were committing the thefts.

9. starzxfp
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2014

10. Lorenzod1
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2014

I would but they said no signature confirmation was requested by OP (which I think is bs) so they just left it by my doorstep.

11. fenice
    KitKat Dec 13, 2014

fenice , Dec 13, 2014 :
    They must have a formal complaints procedure and you need to get that started, you should also tell them the shipper requires a signature and they need to provide proof that no signature was required.

12. Lorenzod1
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2014

I already did. The first time they said they couldn't do anything cause their 'records' say it was delivered. I sent in an appeal a while ago asking for proof that no signature was requested and I'm waiting for a response.

13. tgooose
    Honeycomb Dec 13, 2014

tgooose , Dec 13, 2014 :
    Go to your order page and click on view order. Go to the tracking number and highlight it. Then right click on search Google. Then click on the tracking number that shows up. It will take you to the tracking You should get this.

Product & Tracking Information
    Postal Product:
    • Priority Mail 2-Day™
    Features:
      • Signature Confirmation™
      • Up to $100 insurance included
        Restrictions ApplyPriority Mail Insurance info icon
    DATE & TIME
    STATUS OF ITEM
    October 4, 2014 , 11:31 am
    Delivered

I just copied from the original, so it doesn't look like what you will see. This is from an order that I placed on Sept. 29th, so your tracking data is still available online even if the order has been "delivered". This would be your proof that a signature was required. I have received 3 orders from OPO and a signature was required on everyone of them. Good Luck!

Lorenzod1 likes this.
  14. techhead
    Eclair Dec 13, 2014

techhead , Dec 13, 2014 :
    Have you filed a police report? Because at this point USPS is saying they delivered it but you don't have it. Renters or home owners insurance will need the report, if a claim is opened.

Lorenzod1 likes this.