Changind the device name of my Oneplus 3

1. jainutsav67
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2017

jainutsav67 , Jun 7, 2017 :
    Hello Everyone,

I imported my OnePlus 3 from China to India. As I got the device model (A3000). Is it possible to change the device name to A3010 (the Indian variant). So that I can recieve thee OTAs. Please suggest any methods. I prefer to stay as a non root user.

Regards

2. jainutsav67
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2017

3. aish.kumar
    Froyo Jun 7, 2017

aish.kumar , Jun 7, 2017 :
    Well, you can't edit the build.prop file without root access, so I guess, it's not possible to change the device model.

4. Burgess85
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

5. Bartnl
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2017

Bartnl , Jun 7, 2017 :
    The China version runs on Hydrogen OS and the rest of the world on Oxygen OS. Both look the same and do get updates
    If you are on Hydrogen and wnat to switch to Oxygen, you need to adb sideload the latest Oxygen rom.
    More info: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...os-to-oxygen-os-on-chinese-oneplus-3t.489383/

But your device will always be an A3000, but with the international Rom, which receives updates of that rom.

dsmonteiro and jainutsav67 like this.
  6. jainutsav67
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2017

jainutsav67 , Jun 8, 2017 :
    I already switched from Hydrogen OS to Oxygen OS but the thing is I am not getting any OTAs. Just like when Oxygen OS 4.1.4 was released. I didn't got the OTA, instead I had to download the zip file and then flash it.

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 8, 2017

dsmonteiro , Jun 8, 2017 :
    You'll get it when it fully rollouts. People don't receive it all at the same time. That's why it's called a staged or incremental rollout.

And apparently the 4.1.5 update was pulled since the thread no longer exists.

Bartnl likes this.