1. F_Chris_Biggs_kZYC
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2017

mariogold42 and mirjas like this.
  2. gowthamprakashm
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

3. G_Paul_Smith_HVwK
    Froyo Feb 4, 2017

G_Paul_Smith_HVwK , Feb 4, 2017 :
    My understanding of lithium ion batteries is that the life of the battery is determined by charge and discharge cycles. That means everytime you unplug or plug your phone in is a cycle. Over time the battery degrades in this manner. So charge the phone completely and then remove it until you get most of the life out of it before changing completely.

mirjas likes this.
  4. G_Paul_Smith_HVwK
    Froyo Feb 4, 2017

samaltx and mirjas like this.
  5. F_Hasan_Ahmed_WJbv
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

6. hawkiaf
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

7. mirjas
    Donut Feb 4, 2017

mirjas , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Im gonna practice this now, thanks.

8. mirjas
    Donut Feb 4, 2017

G_Paul_Smith_HVwK likes this.
  9. JoshuvaAntony
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2017

JoshuvaAntony , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Dont charge it overnight because oneplus has clearly mentioned in the guidelines of the phone box not to charge above 12 hours. So it must be bad for overcharging. I know its gets cutt off after 100 % bt Oneplus doesnt recommend it.

10. MOORTHI K
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

11. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Feb 4, 2017

David Y. , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Long time charging doesn't harm the battery.

Nowadays the charging technology of the mobile phone basically uses Power-Path Management. When it detects that the battery is fully charged, it will close the battery charging path and supply power to the mobile phone by the adapter. The battery will not be charged as long as the system power consumption doesn't exceed the maximum output current of the adapter.

However, overnight charging is not recommended. Because if anything unusual happens, we barely have enough time to respond. (An answer from a Dash Charge engineer)

Sun90, vintagetech and ghostofcain like this.
  12. Arnav Sethi 2412
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

Arnav Sethi 2412 , Feb 4, 2017 :
    You can charge it overnight it's fine. The battery stops the charger from giving power after it reached 100 percent

13. F_Tilian_Burger_feUM
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

14. Irfan Chasmawala
    Donut Feb 4, 2017

15. Plexity
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

16. whodatboi
    KitKat Feb 4, 2017

whodatboi , Feb 4, 2017 :
    always charge mine overnight. every single day. still running strong 5/6onths later

sfomin likes this.
  17. minipaolo
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2017

minipaolo , Feb 24, 2017 :
    I don't have time to charge in the morning.

I've always had the habit of charging overnight, using a slower adaptor (such as 5V 1A). Of course it will take longer, but I don't care and the battery surely won't get hot at that charging rate.

So what is the point of using dash overnight?
    I don't think it will hurt the battery in a short time, but I do not think it is useful either, as the phone will sit at 100% for a very long time, after having received a 4amps charge, which can be stressfull.

18. Reivon Choccoli
    Community Veteran Feb 24, 2017

Reivon Choccoli , Feb 24, 2017 :
    I often forget to plug my phone off and leave it charging overnight. You shouldn't do that, it drains the battery faster. Just do as the others said, a cycle of 10-80% is best for your battery

19. Nithin_Joseph
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2017

Nithin_Joseph , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Leaving the phone to charge overnight wont be good for your battery's life. Eventually your battery will swell up and start to drain excessively.

However if you've installed a new OS, doing a complete drain of your battery and leaving it to fully charge overnight is recommended - Do this *only* for 3 or 4 battery cycles. This is done to facilitate ion flow and also so that your phone can better calibrate the battery with the new OS.

20. Reebu Rawat
    Eclair Feb 24, 2017