Charging Speed. via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

OAJJAIN , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    What is the charging speed you all are getting? I am using Battery Guru app to test charging speed and for me it got upto 7600 mA when the device is locked and not in use and then drops down to 3500 mA and below when the device is unlocked.
    I am using OnePlus warp charger 65t with OnePlus warp cable. Anyone else wanna comment on their charging speed and why it drops when the device is unlocked.

Link for battery Guru app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paget96.batteryguru

I am using OnePlus 9pro

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021

2. Thariq.mcknight , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 9, 2021 :
    The question is how new is your phone ?
    Mine is 1½ week , it charges slow because it need to optimise the battery charging I heard it takes about 3-4 week to get fine and then it will charge your phone at fullest , as the phone will know the pattern of u charging ...

Tip : keep it charged for a overnight , it does optimization of battery also
    Don't worry as it won't overcharge the phone as there is cut off or something said / read in a official OnePlus battery charging forum

(to avail full speed , turn off the optimized charging from battery menu)

Caoimhín likes this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 9, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I used this app to measure how 7 Pro acted during a full charge cycle.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tofabd.batteryanalyzer
    A full charge from near empty to full could look similar like this edited line.

1617963435395.jpg
    This step down is based on battery level. However temperature will also affect the speed and could make it slow down a step earlier to remain within reasonable temperatures. So the ambient temperature and having case on or off may affect the result.

The lower speed when screen is on may be to make sure usage and battery charging at the same time makes it less prone to render overheat warnings.

Caoimhín likes this.
  4. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

I am using OnePlus 9pro bought a few days ago. The problem is the charged speed is reduced when the phone is being used and so takes a more time than when charging the device when it's locked and not being used. The charging is speed is cut by almost half when charging while using the phone. You can check it easily to by do the following steps.

1. Download battery guru or any current monitor app from playstore.
    2.lock the device to turn off lockscreen and then charge the phone
    3. After a few minutes unlock the phone and check the charging speed.
    4. Then use the phone for 5 min and check the charging speed. You might notice the difference. Please share ur results here too if possible

5. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

Could you read my above post and share the details of ur charging speed?
    also the app link you shared doesn't support dual battery I think
    Thanks

6. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 9, 2021 :
    What makes you think it does not support dual battery cells? Overheat warning or something? (was a while since I tried it)
    I need to await until later today. I can't show any max speed unless being low enough in battery so I'll try to remember to check it later today.

O1613624056687 and Caomhin like this.
  7. Champvert
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

8. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

9. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

10. Champvert
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

11. Swejuggalo

Caoimhín likes this.
  12. Champvert
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

13. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

14. Champvert
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

15. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

OAJJAIN , Apr 9, 2021 :
    well, check again. I am getting more than 6.5A when the device isn't used while charging and getting 3.5A and below when using the phone while charging. Some are even getting 10A+ speed. Could you check again? use a different app this time

16. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

OAJJAIN , Apr 9, 2021 :
    yes

17. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

18. Champvert
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

Champvert , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Strange. I'll let my battery run down lower and charge for longer to see what the average is at. I'm guessing the lower you let it charge from the higher speed you will get.

19. OAJJAIN
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

OAJJAIN , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I have done that too. Charged from 1 to 100%. Still it was like around 7.5A. When u start from 0 to 100% send the ss of 10M and 1H and also mention the time it took to charge from 0-100%

20. Champvert
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021