Charging via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black

1. ShubhangMundra , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Which is better for longevity for battery life and capacity?
    Or what are the pros and cons of one...
    1. Slow charging over 10W adapter
    2. Dash charging over 20W adapter of Oneplus 6(which I came to know now only..it doesn't say warp on the charging screen yet fast charges)
    3. Warp charging over 30 W.

MuditSharm and ShubhangMundra like this.
  3. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2020

ankitmaity , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 31, 2020 :
    The slowest charger will give you the best longevity. However you need to weigh that additional time wasted against the battery capacity gained. Battery replacement is cheap these days so I suggest just using the default charger provided, but yes slower and less charging will improve longevity, so I guess, use the phone less and with power efficient settings if you want maximum life.

MuditSharm and ShubhangMundra like this.
  4. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Several factors play a role in battery longevity. Most of the charges are rated 5V. So the main difference would be the rated current flowing through the charging port at any instance. Rated current is the maximum current not the average current. Slow speed chargers charges the phone at low current, whereas high speed chargers charges the phone with high current. But with the current advanced protection, charging beyond 80 % shouldn't affect the battery, as usually the charging current will be low. But if your battery is depleted close to 0% then the current flow will be high. That might lead to an issue with fast chargers. Other than that the battery manufacturer would have given the number of charge cycles until there wouldn't be any change in battery characteristics. Besides, fast charging is really convenient and sacrifices it ain't worth it.

5. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2020

hahaha2223 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 :
    To be honest, I ran my op6 down to almost nothing and dash charged it every day, and it still running fine after two years. Heck even the op3 still holds a decent charge.

MuditSharm likes this.
  6. E1595147037393
    Donut Aug 2, 2020

E1595147037393 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I use the one provided in the box and put it in charge when it reaches 16%and remove it from charge when it reaches 95%.
    Is it good enough?? Or should I change my method

7. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I think you must definitely consider about your battery life, remember fast charging is for convenience don't be afraid to use it.

Besides there only a limit that you can do, batteries will degrade over time. The new charging circuits have protection to prevent battery damage due to high current flow, so relax and use it with conscience.

8. E1595147037393
    Donut Aug 2, 2020

E1595147037393 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Thank you very much for your assistance [e]1f60a[/e]