charging

1. AlexCiulpan
    Eclair Jan 3, 2018

AlexCiulpan , Jan 3, 2018 :
    I just realized moments ago that if you don't plug your usb entirely into your dash charger it will charge your phone regularly, not fast as it should be in dash charging.
    So be careful when you plug the usb into the charger, plug it all the way in it! otherwise you might wonder why after 50 minutes your phone got only like 40% of battery life :))

gotshoaib, Rizla and RonanM like this.
  2. narshishukla
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2018

narshishukla , Jan 3, 2018 :
    With regular charging speed I gets 60% in 50 minutes.
    I lost my fast charger and it's out of stock as of now so no dash charging for me.

3. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jan 3, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jan 3, 2018 :
    Well yes any charger if not properly connected will take longer to fully charge. Not exactly breaking news.

gotshoaib and GopalB. like this.
  4. GopalB.
    Nougat Jan 3, 2018

GopalB. , Jan 3, 2018 :
    You saved my life with that information...
    I'm in your life long debt now...

Hydra Bob likes this.
  5. Extase87
    Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Extase87 , Jan 3, 2018 :
    From 5% to 85% in 48mins dash charging.

It's just amazing how fast it charges your smartphone.

Pictures as proof.

1514953578622.jpg

1514953578699.jpg

gotshoaib and Hamza adenwala like this.
  6. aakashsood
    Jelly Bean Jan 3, 2018

Ahridok and Hydra Bob like this.
  7. Extase87
    Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Extase87 , Jan 3, 2018 :
    It is supposed to give a feedback what dash charge can do... Nothing more nothing less. Maybe you misinterpreted my comment.

8. aakashsood
    Jelly Bean Jan 3, 2018

aakashsood , Jan 3, 2018 :
    It would have made sense had you posted it on your Facebook wall or something because then people who don't own a OnePlus device would have actually known what a dash charger can do. But here all of us have it. If not all then most.

Manvendrat58 and Hydra Bob like this.
  9. G_Michał_L_VJCp
    Gingerbread May 7, 2018

G_Michał_L_VJCp , May 7, 2018 :
    So? USB plug has +5V and GND pinouts closer to the edge of the casing and they connect a little bit faster than DATA+ and DATA- pinouts which are required to communicate dash charger and dash-capable phone to use Dash Charge.
    If the plug is not fully in, your phone receives only power supply (+5V and GND) similiar to when you use "only charge" option and connect your phone to your computer USB or similiar to NON-DASH power bank. It treats it only as power supply, nothing else. Btw, there are cables only for charging. They have power supply pinouts only and no data pinouts or data is shorted. Manufacturers used to (or still sometimes do?) give them in factory packages as cables just for charger and you had to buy another cable for data connection. Nothing extraordinary here really...