#cheated by OnePlus

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 3, 2019

dsmonteiro , Oct 3, 2019 :
    I understand that, but this is a public forum, and you should be open to hear other people's opinions.

With that said, I only asked why you think that.

2. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 3, 2019 :
    Stop with the whining.

No one is forcing you to upgrade to a new phone.

If you're upgrading to have the next best thing, then that's on you.

You should also learn what fraud is.

Liehjan and otto2 like this.
  3. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 3, 2019 :
    Fraud I say murder!
    I bought the 3T and OnePlus promised 3 years of suport, so naturally I thought the 4 will lunch in November 2019, yet the 7T is out, lost all hope in humanity ! #iwantjustice

4. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 3, 2019

camohan , Oct 3, 2019 :
    Thread merged.

5. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2019

kevinkrg6 , Oct 4, 2019 :
    we need to #BAND TOGETHER.

IT IS ONLY FAIR

if OnePlus will only release a new phone every 4 years.

that way, when we buy a new phone, we will feel cool and smart with our new phone for all 4 years.

no more of this new phone every 6 months.

WHO IS WITH ME BROTHERS AND SISTERS IT IS TIME FOR A REVOLUTION NO MORE FEELING CHEATED

vsathishk likes this.
  6. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 4, 2019

superplus , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Please read the forums' Terms & Rules (https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms), your thread was in the wrong place, duplicate, and doesn't really offer any constructive basis for discussion. I've merged it with this thread where you might find likeminded people.

otto2 likes this.
  7. Dr Sangeeth Suresh
    Donut Oct 6, 2019

8. trailrunner76
    Eclair Oct 6, 2019

trailrunner76 , Oct 6, 2019 :
    I agree with most of what you say, especially the part about the OP7T being an upgrade of the OP7 as opposed to the OP7pro.

- display is better and slightly bigger on Pro
    - battery is slightly higher on 7T, but only like 100 or 200 mhz (not much)
    - indeed higher resolution on pro
    - 7T has a slightly overclocked processor
    - No notch on Pro (yes!, more screen real estate)

Liehjan likes this.
  9. roryrudy
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2019

roryrudy , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 7, 2019 :
    I can't believe I am saying this but after the release of the 7T, my 7Pro no longer feels premium because I don't feel it's even pro anymore to Oneplus themselves as Tmobile will be taking them off the shelves for the 7T. A cheaper phone from the same company killed the 7Pro. Support will now dwindle in favour of the 7T.

7Pro has now a weak resale value and all of this happened three months after the release.

Ive been coming from the 3T and I know for sure that this will be last OnePlus just as many other persons.

It is sad.

vsathishk likes this.
  10. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean Oct 7, 2019

Neddard, Steius, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  11. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 7, 2019

meatandy , Oct 7, 2019 :
    No , support will not dwindle , you're device is supported for two Android cycles.

Doesn't all resale values decrease with time?

You're butt hurt.

Neddard, otto2 and B_Wrath like this.
  12. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator Oct 7, 2019

An.I.Am , Oct 7, 2019 :
    It doesn't bring you any value that the 7T is released neither it takes away anything from your experience with the 7 Pro, I don't see where is the problem. I love my 7 Pro, everyday I'm happy with it, even if they released the 8 today I would still be using the 7 Pro since at this moment, it's just perfect for me. Maybe try to focus on the good aspects of having this device, instead of the bad ones. ;)

otto2 likes this.
  13. roryrudy
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2019

Well let us see re support. AND yes resale value will decrease over time but not after 3 months. You really can't see how unethical all of this was?

14. roryrudy
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2019

Still love my phone but I was mainly speaking of the support and resale value. But let us see what will happen re the support and Definitely the 7 Pro value has fell significantly whether u see it or not

15. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 7, 2019

meatandy , Oct 7, 2019 :
    No I can't , I don't upgrade or buy phones every six months.:D;)

otto2 likes this.
  16. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 7, 2019

pablofg1978 , Oct 7, 2019 :
    Since your thread doesn't really offer any constructive basis for discussion. I merged it with this existing thread with similar content.

17. ghughson
    Donut Oct 7, 2019

ghughson , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 7, 2019 :
    I recently bought a 7 Pro while knowing damn well what the specs were on the 7T, and I'm not even sorry. The Pro still feels like the superior device.

Besides, in the tech world, the "latest and greatest" comes out every few months, so if I held out on upgrading because something better was coming, I'd be holding out forever and ever.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  18. jstiggie
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2019

jstiggie , Oct 8, 2019 :
    Beware: in half a year the op 8 will be released. So wait for the 8t to complain about the 8.

otto2 likes this.
  19. vsathishk
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2019

vsathishk , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 8, 2019 :

roryrudy

I can't believe I am saying this but after the release of the 7T, my 7Pro no longer feels premium because I don't feel it's even pro anymore to Oneplus themselves as Tmobile will be taking them off the shelves for the 7T. A cheaper phone from the same company killed the 7Pro. Support will now dwindle in favour of the 7T.

7Pro has now a weak resale value and all of this happened three months after the release.

Ive been coming from the 3T and I know for sure that this will be last OnePlus just as many other persons.

It is sad.​

You are right.

Even iam thinking the same, my OP7Pro will be my first and last OnePlus Phone.

As you told it doest look like flagship any more.

Apple, LG and Samsung will keep their flagship for almost for 1 year , before they release nxt flagship.

I will go back to my favorite brand Samsung

OnePlus sales strategy is ridiculous.

roryrudy likes this.
  20. akks
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

akks , Oct 8, 2019 :
    T-Mobile is called so for a reason:D

roryrudy and Liehjan like this.