#cheated by OnePlus

1. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 11, 2019

superplus , Oct 11, 2019 :
    Please try to comply with the Terms & Rules and find existing threads to post in, rather than creating your own. I've merged yours with this thread where I'm sure you'll find likeminded people.
    Also please realise that these community forums are for OnePlus users and enthusiasts to interact and discuss with each other so "you people", are people just like yourself, you're not actually addressing OnePlus here, as you think you might be ;)

akks and pablofg1978 like this.
  2. JustinThadathil , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Red , Oct 16, 2019 :
    i brought my OnePlus 7 8gb ram model one month before and after few weeks OnePlus release OnePlus 7t. the main problem i have that they released the 7t on same price as i brought my 1+7 with huge hardware updates. OnePlus u could have given a triple camera for OnePlus 7 at 39k but u took advantage of your user base and cheated your loyal users.
    now i am trying for an exchange of my OnePlus 7 with 7t and i am getting less than half price for my OnePlus 7. it's because u slashing the price of OnePlus 7 by 3k making it less valuable............... really from inner heart i feel "Mai mc hu jo isme aaya hu".

thanks
    team OnePlus

3. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 16, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Oct 16, 2019 :
    I can definitely understand your view but it's pretty common to slash prices with new release. You should've done your research dude. No one else than you pays the price for your deeds.
    Also, no need to be worried. Hardware upgrades aren't huge except for an additional camera module.

4. John j
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2019

5. M1568988664919
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

M1568988664919 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 16, 2019 :
    same here i also bought oneplus 7 a month ago and the representatives of 1 + 7 din even tell me about the launch of oneplus 7t so it's their duty to make customers aware of the fact that new phone launching within 10 to 15 days so we should wait..

6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 16, 2019

camohan , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Thread merged.

pablofg1978 and JustinThadathil like this.
  7. K1559742975511
    Eclair Oct 17, 2019

K1559742975511 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    there should be a deal by OnePlus that the new phone you buy if it is 6 months or newer then if you want to upgrade to latest device then you only have to pay the difference of device current price that you have and of the newer on which you want to upgrade. At for this scheme customer can pay money back guarantee at time of purchase of newer device can be additional 2000 or less. I think the OnePlus must think on that

8. Dresa91
    Android Q Oct 17, 2019

Dresa91 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Makes absolutely no sense from a business point of view, sorry.

Matt 80, B_Wrath and Liehjan like this.
  9. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 17, 2019 :
    How would they make money? o_O

Matt 80 likes this.
  10. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Oct 17, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Will you buy a new phone if it uses refurbished parts?

Liehjan and Dresa91 like this.
  11. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 17, 2019

camohan , Oct 17, 2019 :
    This topic has been discussed multiple times in past, in fact every time a new device is launched.

A new launch does not make your device redundant and it continues to work in the same way as you bought for the first time.

None of the companies provide 99% cash back guarantees or exchange programs to that extend and it makes no sense from any point of view.

A refubrished device in good condition is sold at 50% or lesser price of actual price, so your idea does not really make much business sense for anyone to think about.

I will merge the thread here since it similar to what one feels when a new device is launched.

12. Intruder71
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2019

Intruder71 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Did you miss me when you had no posts to delete? Go on why this time, wasn't marching to the beat of your drum?

13. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 17, 2019

camohan , Oct 17, 2019 :
    I thought you will understand what is not right when you get my delete notification.

14. Matt 80
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2019

Matt 80 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 17, 2019 :
    You have no idea how a business works do you?

15. TrumpetMike
    Froyo Oct 17, 2019

TrumpetMike , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 17, 2019 :
    why are you complaining?
    you shouls be happy that there is another version of phone every 6 months so much more people can buy a new phone that suits their needs. If you are just complaining becuse you OnePlus 7 Pro is not the newest model, then go ahead and buy an iphone. You will have the "latest" iphone for a whole year!

Liehjan likes this.
  16. vrajkher4
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

vrajkher4 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Are you seriously serious about this..
    I bought OP7 for 32,999 on 1st August and it's not even 2 months and they they launch 7T at 37999 and that's just really really painful, my phone broke and I had no other options. So had to buy a new phone, OP7 is not bad in any way but 7T would have been great [e]1f614[/e]

JustinThadathil likes this.
  17. J1572141992292 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Well, i for one bought Oneplus 7 Pro after the launch of Oneplus 7T. One main reason was the offers on 7 T and 7 Pro series on amazon brought the price of 7Pro to Rs 37000 for 8GB/256 GB version for me. So no regrets. i wanted the best display and curved screen and am happy that i bought 7 pro. i went to croma and used both the phones and instantly hated the looks and feels of the 7T. The overall feel and software experience felt better for the pro. Plus lower battery backup and no liquid cooling in the 7T are huge deal breakers as far as durability of a phone is concerned.

Advantages of 7 Pro:
    1. 2K Quad HD display which covers wider colour gamut
    2. Curved screen which provides edge to edge immersive experience and comes with horizon light
    3. Slightly bigger screen real-estate and the no notch makes it almost a tablet for reading ebooks and watching videos.
    4. A popup selfie camera
    5. No camera bump in the back
    6. More battery backup
    7. Liquid cooling keeps the temperature distribution more even
    8. 3x telephoto lens which comes with OIS

A few of these can be jotted down as disadvantages as well, its a personal opinion though. If you see the extra cost has all went into design, display, popus selfie camera implementation, extra OIS and liquid cooling. So be happy with what you have bought. Both 7 Pro and 7T are great devices at the respective price point.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019

18. J1572141992292 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Check my latest comment below, OP7 Pro is still a premium device than the OP7T on my opinion.