#cheated by OnePlus

1. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 28, 2019

Bouncer71 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    I believe for everyone complaining this must be the first tech product they ever bought...

Price drops happen all the time for better products...

So what...

Buy now, later or never...

kevinkrg6 likes this.
  2. Neddard
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2019

Neddard , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Or... they're just upset that they can no longer say "my phone is better than your phone".

All about BS bragging rights. People like this need to get a life. Sheesh... :rolleyes:

kevinkrg6 and Bouncer71 like this.
  3. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 28, 2019

Bouncer71 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    A phone as a surrogate for self-esteem...?

That's just sad...

kevinkrg6, Liehjan and Neddard like this.
  4. Neddard
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2019

Neddard , Sep 28, 2019 :
    It sure seems so, at least in reading many many posts in this community.
    Very sadly...

Bouncer71 likes this.
  5. N412H
    Donut Sep 28, 2019

N412H , Sep 28, 2019 :
    A bit of a backstory, I've been a OnePlus user since the OnePlus 2 came out and I've owned the OnePlus 2, the OnePlus 5T and just recently brought the OnePlus 7 Pro and have been using it the past few weeks. I would like to shout-out how great the OnePlus community is at how good of a company OnePus have become throughout this journey.

Anyhow, I knew the OnePlus 7T was already coming out sometime soon before I made the initial purchase but the design aesthetics and appeal, the features it boasted such as the 90GHz display and the constant appraisal from reviews were excellent that it made me want to purchase the 7 Pro.

I was looking to renew my phone and I'm the kind of person who renews their phone every 2 or 3 years because I feel like that is an understandable time frame, mainly because I know I can afford to do so and there isn't much of a considerable upgrade in terms of hardware with smartphones from year to year, so it's not worth doing so every year like some people who wants to upgrade every year.

I am sad to say with disappointment that this isn't a move I expected by OnePlus with what they are doing with the 7 Pro, 7T and maybe a possible 7T Pro? I understand it's a business and the company have to make profits, but it is a really bad choice to make your high-end premium flagship phone of the year (which by the way was $100 more expensive than the T variant which just came) a less of a phone in terms of what it offers.

I know that the OnePlus 7 Pro sill offers a better display and battery, but not including these two features when they clearly could have and pushing another cheaper device with these amazing features considered a good move? In a company's perspective yes, but what about the thousands of consumers who now feel cheated.

When it was first announced that 7T would have almost the same specifications as the 7 Pro, with a slight upgrade with the processor from the Snapdragon 855 to the 855+, I wasn't complaining. I did realize I could have saved $100 by waiting out a few months but still I was happy with the fact that I have one of the best smartphones of this year on hand and I was glad that the cheaper option is now available for purchase for for the many people I recommend OnePlus phones to.

I find out later however, the 7T has better features in terms of it's hardware capability which I think the 7 Pro should have had in the first place such as the Macro Mode with the camera and the 30T Warp Charging instead of the regular Warp Charging, which most probably could have been easily included alongside the 7 Pro.

Now from a consumers perspective, this is a pretty shitty move OnePlus pulled off, charging more for the premium flagship without these features and promoting it as the premium flagship of the year and then having that same features come out later in the year, cheaper as another phone. I personally don't mind it that much as I said before, I don't consider upgrading always to the newest and the latest but it is completely unfair to the owners of the 7 Pro and the few of us who don't spend money every year on renewing their phones.

What's worse is, the strategy would probably be to bring those features onto the 7T Pro next month or so and label that as the unofficial premium high end device at the end of the year.

This is very sad for me as a fan of OnePlus for a long time, it's very shocking to see how this is unfair towards consumers. It might not affect everyone, but it goes towards a vast majority of those who own a 7 Pro and I believe select members here would feel the same way lately about how OnePlus has been pushing their devices and it feels like what Apple is doing with the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max

Honest personal opinion, I might be starting to see differently as to where this company is going in terms of how they are treating consumers and I might have to stop buying OnePlus devices. All in all, OnePlus has become and grown into a very successful company and I hope they remember to keep in check of what made them who they are, which is each and everyone of us.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019

loginaman, Z1569690684550 and Ajdi like this.
  6. Moin2200
    KitKat Sep 28, 2019

Moin2200 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Many OEMs does this tactic.
    Samsung with their s10 and note 10 series.
    Huawei with their p30 and mate 30 series
    Lg with their g and v series

Its a common tactic to release a new kind of flagship every 6 months and there has been no cheating of their part as everyone who has been part of the forum or know oneplus knew the existence of the 7T and you choose to avoid it.
    The 7 pro gives you more things for that 100$ more you get:
    -Better display
    -Better haptics
    -better speakers
    -curved body
    -128GB more storage
    -no notch
    -And more premium design

I would say it is still justified for price and reason.

7. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 28, 2019

Horsault , Sep 28, 2019 :
    When was the last time we had such a thread?

Let me think...

Oh yes! I got it! It was for OP7 Pro release!

Starcommander, B_Wrath and Salt505 like this.
  8. Moin2200
    KitKat Sep 28, 2019

Moin2200 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    6 months is a long time in the tech world. :p

9. A1542486292652
    Donut Sep 28, 2019

10. A1542486292652
    Donut Sep 28, 2019

A1542486292652 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    [QUOTE = "Moin2200, post: 20820686, member: 28366"] 6 месяцев - это долгое время в мире технологий. :п[/ QUOTE]
    What a nervous moderator! You can’t tell the truth!

11. A1542486292652
    Donut Sep 28, 2019

12. Mac73
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2019

Mac73 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    I bought 7pro 12gb 2 weeks ago for 829€ (907$), and i don't regret it. The way the camera is in 7T is horrible. Round cameras and left to right ain't my favourite. This have the best camera and other features than any of my earlier phones did. I just love my 1+7pro12gb. Don't need a new one in couple of years. [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f44c[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]260e[/e]️

13. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2019

kevinkrg6 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    I have a sad tale to tell. It is the transformation of my life. It is with the heaviest of hearts I tell this tale. It is the most important tale of my life.

I was excited for the OnePlus 7. I saw the cool ads and videos online. I watched reviews. I thought about saving up money to buy it. It seemed so cool. Everyone loved it. I thought, maybe if I buy the OnePlus 7, maybe I would be cool too. Maybe people would think I'm awesome. Maybe I would feel cool.

I began to save up money as I watched videos and reviews and every day I read the product page on Amazon for the OnePlus 7. I imagined the phone in my hand. I imagined being cool.

Then, the day finally came. I received the phone. It was, a god-like day. Unbelievable. The box was like silk in my hands when I held it. I opened my phone box only to look at it so gingerly. There it was. The thing that would make life better for me. The thing that would make me cool. I couldn't even use it for a day. I had to let it sit and come back, I was too amazed to even take it out of the box.

Finally I turned on my phone and was taken into a different world. Pure Android and speed. I could go on OnePlus community forums and have the latest phone! There was no later phone, I was the coolest! The richest! I loved myself that day. I showed my phone to my family, and their eyes lit up! They said, you are now our favorite son! You will have a special place in our hearts for who you are now. Take note of this son, you are a different person! I even got a marriage arranged with another family with the most beautiful girl because this phone was so amazing. She also has a OnePlus 7. I got new friends. The whole town would follow me around the streets watching me be cool on my new OnePlus 7.

Then......Then.......

THEN. THEN! THEN!!!!!!! The day came.

I SAW in my Google news feed. 7. T. 7T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS THIS! I thought. I thought ONEPLUS was here to make me cool! I thought they were here to transform my life! ARE THEY not my friend?? I thought ONEPLUS loved me. WHO DO THEY BE THINKING THEY ARE???? IT IS LIKE THEY ARE A BUSINESS OR A COMPANY TRYING TO MAKE MONEY FROM THE LATEST GREATEST TECH????? I don't understand.....!!!!!!!!

The news eventually broke out. I didn't have to say a word. My family? They will wave me on when I go to see them. They spit on the ground I would walk on. I am no longer their favorite son. I am, I am nothing! NOTHING. They even said.....THEY EVEN SAID listen son, our neighbor, his son has a OnePlus 7 T!...........he is just........COOLER THAN YOU.
    WE ARE GOING TO MAKE HIM OUR SON NOW. WE DON'T HAVE ROOM IN OUR FAMILY FOR PEOPLE WITH LAST MONTH'S LATEST PHONE.

The most heartbreaking part was that I heard and saw that the girl I was to marry....she now also had a OnePlus 7T. She had just gotten it today.

My heart exploded. I ran. I just ran. I took my OnePlus 7 and I ran and I ran and I ran. far away. faces and places and people flashed by me as I ran farther and farther away from what I called home.....I ran until I couldn't run anymore and didn't even know where I was. I was so tired I just collapsed, sitting on the ground in front of me. My OnePlus 7 still in my hand, forgotten. I looked at the OnePlus 7 screen, I WAS DISGUSTED. COOL LAST MONTH! COOL LAST MONTH BUT NOT COOL NOW! Visions of marriage and Fame and love from my family faded away.

Who am I now? Who AM I? NOT A FAVORITE SON! NOT TO BE SOMEONE'S HUSBAND! I AM A ONEPLUS 7 OWNER! I AM NOTHING!!!!

I thought of just throwing the phone on the ground and stomping it. But then how would I ever watch YouTube tonight? I was defeated inside and out.

1 week has passed since the events here have unfolded. I am at least somewhat lucky, as I was able to find a remote community of OnePlus 7 users who accept me as I am. They also bought phones last month. I even found a new family, and they are beginning to accept me and love me. I might even have a chance of getting married with a girl that is just as beautiful as the last......but.........she only has a OnePlus 7 like me. Things will never be as good. We want to upgrade but.... we just bought the 7.

Life is different now. We peer out at the sky at night, looking at the stars, us OnePlus 7 users. What are the 7T users doing? are they having Fame and fortune? Are people following them around the streets? are they on top of the world?

I wonder.

and I wonder too, will the OnePlus 7T users be like us one day? will their life fall apart? will they run and run and run? will there be a OnePlus 8? I don't know. I can never know. who ever knows these things?

This is the tale that I have to tell. This is the tale of what OnePlus can do to you. I knew very well that the 7T might come out, but I thought, well maybe it won't come out. Maybe it just will never come out. So i got the 7 thinking I would just be cool now. It isn't my fault. Be careful. OnePlus might do this to you too. Your life will never be the same.

Be very careful.

14. Chris.C
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2019

Chris.C , Sep 28, 2019 :
    What a tale of misery, a tale of woe like we have heard a million times before. You must be the so depressed going round woe is me with tears streaming down your face. What a sad sight.

Wake up to yourself you have a perfectly good mobile phone that works exactly as advertised.
    Get a life

kevinkrg6 likes this.
  15. prem.mahanta
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2019

prem.mahanta , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Just removed the notch then it's a 7 pro model only. next time I would wait before buying a one plus latest models. just finger crossed what they are coming up with 7T pro. Sad but lost 20 k

16. SpinSupreme
    Donut Sep 28, 2019

SpinSupreme , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 28, 2019 :
    the T phones are the better of a series
    waiting for the T model = smart
    smart = not always possible

on paper the 1+7T looks like a contender to the 1+7 Pro. To the untrained eye looking at the paper specs side by side without the benefit of the devices side by side it could look like a 7T win. Only if the price is factored in and as the only choice with weight. The faster charger is the only thing that was an actual plus I saw. As a human looking at a phone the superiority of the SD855+ has on the SD855 isn't enough to ever perceive or need. Those are plusses, 90hz refresh rate looks like a tie... wrong.. it's refreshing an inferior display that is on paper as in life a compromise. It even compromised it's unique OnePlusness with that camera bump,, I'll not say it's anything else until I hold it,, but I've had 3 Moto ZF2'z and went through 2 Nokia Lumia 1020'z as well so I know big *** circle camera bumps. I wouldn't confuse it for either of them at any range but just glancing even in the same room I wouldn't see a flagship 1+.. I'm betting me and anyone who doesn't own the 7T sees the low-mid range Motos it looks like.

17. SpinSupreme
    Donut Sep 28, 2019

SpinSupreme , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 28, 2019 :
    If you feel cheated it only cause you cheated yourself. Anyone who dedicated 5 maybe 10 minutes to researching OnePlus and their phones will know about the 'T'... hell ask any Artificial intelligence program and they know.. some even know what it is. Listen here... Artificial Intelligence is stupid.. VERY fukn stupid. I had never heard of OnePlus until I saw a review or some such scrolling down though stories when Chrome just started doing that to the home screen... doubtless I was looking for a way to get PUBG mobile going on my Moto Z Force 2-(3rd of its name for me)-or tits.. Anywho, this would have been somewhere just before or right after the 1+6 released. Friends,, from that article I was intreged into reading a couple more that day... and dare I say a that not a day has gone by since then that I have not read at least 2 article's about OnePlus, 1+ phones, or other such trifles.. uh,, oh yeah my point. Three (3) stories later I knew two(2) things for sure about OnePlus (1+)... (a) OnePlus phones were rootable and the OEM conspires openly with the sick phone manglers who attempt such depraved shat.. (b) OnePlus released phones in a pridicteable straight forward manner. Only 1 a year, usually in spring... after that I guess they go back to work.. then in fall they drop the SAME phone from spring as a refresh model that adds the letter T to the name of the phone and usually different colorways with upgraded hardware components if they came available along with software enhancements and whatever else they can find to stay awesome and in my pocket. You see all my pockets can't hold a 1+ phone and my last dollar at the same dam time... they're made too small or something but damn that.. Ill pick a OnePlus 7 Pro over my last dollar anyday. The 7 Pro is just cooler, more entertaining, and infinitely more useful I'm thinking... I stopped settling when most of the flagship killer toting American's did, when the 6T came to Tmobile.. Nov 5 2018 I swapped my Moto ZF2 into a Tmobile store and got my 6T for $3 and some change, converted to global shortly after. The plan was and will be again to wait and get the T-variants iffn I couldn't just swap out every launch... Then the 7 Pro was here and forced me to rethink stuff.. I loved the 6t and I was dependant on the Linux distros I ran on it and couldn't go even a day without a # prompt in a bash shell. Luckily it was like a 20$ diff between swapping the 6T for a 7 Pro or keeping the 6T and adding a 7 Pro since I only needed to pay sales tax then the rest monthly on the bill... Done and Done.. I'm not done tho. If a 7T Pro lands at Tmobile I got my $80 ready to add that to my 6T and 7 Pro... when it is switched to global and has Magisk enabled the 6T will retire as a phone and become a backup device.. hopefully it stays retired,, if not #worstDAYevva

18. Matt 80
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2019

Attached Files:

19. JorgeMaTeixeira
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2019

Bouncer71 likes this.
  20. Chris.C
    Lollipop Sep 29, 2019

Bouncer71 likes this.