#cheated by OnePlus

1. Q1569722983962
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Q1569722983962 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    A little disclaimer: I do not care about camera and charging speed so I ordered a 7 pro the same day the 7t was announced mostly because of the notchless design and because edxposed is not on Android 10 yet, therefore I can't fully verify what I'm saying as I do not have the phone (yet).

Not
    to be rude or anything but I'm sick and tired of people apparently complaining for something that's probably not even true.

Let me tell you a fact: macro mode was added to the 7 pro and then removed, just search for videos and articles about it and you will surely find them.

Have you even tested if your phone isn't macro-capable? I mean do people REALLY need to have "macro mode" to try focusing something that close (2.5-8cm)?

Dear 7 pro owners, could you please try switching to the ultrawide lens and focusing something really close and then post the results so we all can know for sure if the camera ""supports"" macro mode (it's just a matter of how optics work, really, no software will ever change that) ?

You didn't mention it but let me also point out for future reference that the 960fps video recording is obtained by interpolating frames, therefore is 100% software-related.

As for 855+ it's just a 1-core 100mhz overclock. If you're not new to overclocking you should know that it's not that much of an increase in performance. Don't know for sure about the GPU but it shouldn't be much better either.

Just a couple words on warp charge too: Do you really miss that 20-ish% decrease in charging time? The 7 pro is already faster than what most people need. I think we also need more evidence of it being that much faster.

Sorry if I upset you but it seems like everyone (including reviewers) is just assuming the 7t is a better phone based on claims instead of facts. I may be wrong but I'll make sure to properly test macro on the 7 pro and post the results if no one does.

2. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 29, 2019

Starcommander , Sep 29, 2019 :
    New phone launch = Crying threads. This has become a new standard.

Bouncer71 and Liehjan like this.
  3. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 29, 2019

4. Rohan.M
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

Rohan.M , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Thank god that I am sticking to 5T & back then when 6 launched it was boring with notch era. But in 7 series case the T version is defiantly major punch in the gut. Specially that micro mode. Sure there will be a 7T pro on oct event but I m gonna hold my horses & will upgrade to 8 series or iphones from my current 2 year old 5T which is still kicking ..... !

5. derLenno
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Sep 29, 2019

derLenno , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Wrong, it was 3 minutes before this thread and also about the T version :D

Starcommander and Bouncer71 like this.
  6. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Sep 29, 2019

camohan , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Thread merged. Your phone still functions the same way as it did the first time.

Every new product doesn't make the previous device outdated. Also gone are the days when oems used to release one product a year.

The technology evolves daily and companies have to respect that or else they will become redundant. Classic example is Nokia.

Good luck.

Starcommander likes this.
  7. vsinha717
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

vsinha717 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 29, 2019 :
    What r u you missing out on. other than saying I have the flagship of 2019 and no one else gets this becoz I paid more. Is it becoz of status. everyone knows one plus releases 2 products a year for the last 4 years.

8. vsinha717
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

9. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 29, 2019

10. Matt 80
    Lollipop Sep 29, 2019

Matt 80 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

Neddard and Starcommander like this.
  11. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

The1Lion , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I just noticed your signature, I recently was curious and did a comparison of some brands to see who was still supporting their older handsets and, sure most here won't like it, Apple seems to be the best after purchase support. I mean the iPhone 5s is slated to get the 12.4.2 update being rolled out and that phone was release back in 2013 :eek: In comparison, the Samsung Note 3 was released that year and it seems the last official release was to update to Android 5.1.1

How's OnePlus doing? Well not terrible, but I believe the 3/3T series won't be receiving any major update past Android 9 and are now only slated for security patches. Those phones are the 2016 offerings from OnePlus. So technically it'll be interesting if OnePlus even puts out any security patches (the 3T was launched in November of 2016 so is the last security patch to include November 2019?)

And for anyone interested (this info is available ALL over the web/internet) here's OnePlus device offerings over the years:
    One 6/2014
    2 8/2015
    X 11/2015
    3 6/2016
    3T 11/2016
    5 6/2017
    5T 11/2017
    6 5/2018
    6T 11/2018
    7/7 Pro 05/2019
    7T 10/2019

meatandy likes this.
  12. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 29, 2019

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Sep 29, 2019 :
    OnePlus has gotten so much better. It's gotten to a point now that they are releasing T series phones (OP7T) with the latest android version. The security patches have improved to a point where I can easily consider OnePlus going forward. Their phones are being carried or are going to be carried by T-Mobile / Sprint & Verizon.

If if wasn't for me already purchasing the Pixel 3, I would have def bought the 7T. For me personally there aren't any major flaws with the device. A few years ago I would have picked it apart but the mobile industry in terms of devices and service has changed considerably.

These days it's all about the camera but I'm not part of the camera nazi so as long as OnePlus gets close enough it doesn't have to be the very best.

Even with the pixel 4 looming, the 7T should be at the top or near the very top on everyone's list.

13. NowX89
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

NowX89 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Hello all.
    Late last year I got a OnePlus 6T and I was excited to experience something new. Earlier this year I got a OnePlus 7 Pro and was super excited because I thought I was getting something new from OnePlus and it would be their absolute best this year and with the announcement with the 7T series, I feel disappointed as a consumer. Maybe it's just me but I don't get the appeal of releasing a set of flagship phones every 6 months. I feel robbed. I thought getting the 7 Pro, I would be getting the absolute best OnePlus has to offer and that wouldn't change but this 7T series makes me feel like I've made a mistake getting a 7 Pro and going with OnePlus.
    I've learned my mistake and next year I will be getting a new Android phone from another manufacturer. At least I know with them, I'll be getting the best from that company for at least a year.

roryrudy and AZGARDS like this.
  14. derLenno
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Sep 29, 2019

derLenno , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Like Huawei with the Mate/P series (every 6 months), Samsung with their S/Note line (every 6 months) and all the other manufacturers constantly shooting out phones?

Liehjan likes this.
  15. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Sep 29, 2019

Liehjan , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Must be really hard that your flagship phone turns in to complete trash within 6 months, when someone pays that much money at least let the owner flex with the phone for 12 months! :D

Matt 80 likes this.
  16. Matt 80
    Lollipop Sep 29, 2019

17. NowX89
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

NowX89 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Same manufacturer, different like of series. The Galaxy/Note series attracts different audiences and the Mate/P series use different phones but use the same DNA. The T series is an "upgraded" version of the same line of phones.

18. NowX89
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

NowX89 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    don't be mad because OnePlus is trying to nickle and dime the consumer

19. Matt 80
    Lollipop Sep 29, 2019

Matt 80 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Why would I be mad? I don't give a shit, I enjoy watching all the overgrown cry babies throwing their toys out of the pram every few months when oneplus releases a new phone.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019

20. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

The1Lion , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Unless they have a 7 Pro (in NA at least). ;)

The promised updates by OP has made it easier to consider and recommend the phones.

Pixels seem great support wise so far.

Time will tell

meatandy likes this.