Check for uneven display glass before sticking Tempered Glass to it

?

Do you have non-flat display issue on your OPO?

1. No

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dhirajmishra
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2015

dhirajmishra , Jan 19, 2015 :
    Your Tube Light method is simply out of question as you have already applied the TG and the phone itself has curved glass at both the ends.
    Uneven Glue, the new TG are additional factors which might have caused the curve to form.
    My Xperia Z doesn't show any curve but Neo V and Neo L do so that explains further.
    Try what @pushkaljn suggested although I am pretty sure that the screen is absolutely fine.

2. sa6an
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2015

shubhamgulati91 likes this.
  3. blackscorpio
    Froyo Jan 20, 2015

blackscorpio , Jan 20, 2015 :
    I just got my ONE. I can see the same exact as yours, just out of the box, first thing.

I have light tint at the bottom. almost not visible and not that annoying for now. Its just couple of hours now.

Should I return it for a replacement?

4. shubhamgulati91
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2015

shubhamgulati91 , Jan 21, 2015 :
    No don't return it for the yellow tint and such minimal dent. I have had my opo for 10+ days and yellow tint is fading away. Also the Orzly tempered glass has completely bonded to the dent and there is nothing visible now. :)

5. shubhamgulati91
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2015

6. blackscorpio
    Froyo Jan 21, 2015

blackscorpio , Jan 21, 2015 :
    looks like the dent is not actually in the top glass but the digitizer is not evenly attached to the top glass

7. dhirajmishra
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2015

dhirajmishra , Jan 21, 2015 :
    I just pointed out that your method to check for that particular defect was flawed. And his issue is different altogether. Look at the previous comment.

8. blackscorpio
    Froyo Jan 21, 2015

if you are referring to my comment :
    I haven't done any checks, its just a guess, since I think the tube light reflection is not from the transparent top glass but the black digitizer beneath it. I assume, digitizer is thin flim it can curl if it is not properly glued to the top glass.

Knowledge is power; Ignorance is bliss. I am not blessed and I don't have the power so all this guess work.:)

9. dhirajmishra

Digitizer is the glass that you protect using TG, YES the screen that you touch is digitizer and it nowadays comes attached with LCD, which lies below it. Epoxy is used to bind them together.
    LCD obviously is not transparent and when in off condition turns black and makes the digitizer or screen act as a reflector.
    For more info- Digitizer.

10. Gudds

Gudds , Jan 21, 2015 :
    Wow, another new fature, OPO seems to have too many features for its own good.:p

11. blackscorpio
    Froyo Jan 21, 2015

Does that mean the reason behind uneven display of the tubelight reflection is caused by LCD not correctly glued to the top glass.

12. tapankr
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2015

13. dhirajmishra

As per me, the reflection bends because of the curved ends of OPO's screen. You take any phone having curved ends and the result will be the same. A bent Tube Light reflection doesn't necessarily mean that your display has a dent.

14. blackscorpio
    Froyo Jan 21, 2015

I have checked at least 3 phones including an iPhone 4s, none of them have that affect. I am sorry but I am not convinced. If you have tested on another phone please let me know which model is it?

OPO is curved on both the edges but you can see that affect only towards the bottom.

At this point, I am not trying to prove OPO got problem or not? Just trying to find out why are we seeing it?

15. dhirajmishra

Dude iPhone 4s doesn't have curved glass at the ends. I tested it on Xperia Neo L which showed the same effect as OPO shows and then Xperia Z which didn't.
    I rest my case here. If you find something new, let me know.

Update-
    For me the curve appears on both the ends in OPO.

1) Top
    IMG_20150121_213847.jpg

2) Bottom
    IMG_20150121_214944.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

16. blackscorpio
    Froyo Jan 21, 2015

[​IMG]

Since you posted the photos of your OPO, I request you to check the photos posted in the first post.

Your OPO is not having the affect which me and the op are facing.

shubhamgulati91 likes this.
  17. shubhamgulati91
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2015

shubhamgulati91 , Jan 21, 2015 :
    Please read the OP again. Please I request.

blackscorpio likes this.
  18. dhirajmishra

How about now? I don't have a dent on the display FYI.

IMG_20150121_221424[1].jpg

I already read. I don't forcefully search for defects in a piece if there aren't any.
    Your Tube Light method is just misguiding the new buyers, that's it. If you really want them to be aware of if this defect is there in their OPO or not, suggest them a tested method, a method that actually works. Your OPO may have a dent but that Tube Light method is not a proof of it.

19. pushkaljn
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2015

pushkaljn , Jan 21, 2015 :
    @dhirajmishra ..leave it yaar..sab scientist log hain aur tubelight driven hain..not sure..if they use the screen as mirror..lol.
    Can't do simple flatness test that i told.in my eaflier post.
    Tubelight reflection.lol..defect..what performance issues r they facing..
    If they think their phone is defected..let them replace..sell or destroy it..

Guys dhiraj has issues with ur method..not with the performance issues due to defect that u think u r facing

dhirajmishra likes this.
  20. shubhamgulati91
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2015

blackscorpio likes this.