Check the answers of OnePlus 8T Concept AMA!

1. P1607181966338
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

P1607181966338 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 5, 2021 :
    I am new to the OnePlus community and recently bought the 8T because the of specs and price compared to the competition. I love the speed of the device, gestures inputs and storage.

However I can't understand why the volume buttons are on the opposite side of the power button. Nearly everytime I lock the phone, I screenshot (I don't know how to disable it lf thats possible).

I would suggest moving the silent to loud switch to where the volume controls are currently, then moving the power button up and then the volume buttons below the power button

If OnePlus were to make a new phone, then I think the requirement should be more ' A mobile phone that doesn't hinder the user when operational' instead of 'A mobile phone that looks different but the same'

2. DaBlizzard
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

DaBlizzard , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Not sure if this question is in keeping with your definitions and I've not seen any pictures of what everyone else seems to be talking about and don't understand most of it either but the thing that caught my eye was the use of the word 'concept'. So in that vein I'm just going to throw this question out.
    Other manufacturers are trying to create foldable or rollable devices. I'm not much taken in by this so far but no-one seems to be looking at projection. We now have Short Throw Projectors and was wondering if there is a way this could be utilised in a mobile device as such that you can pull from the sides a 'projector screen/wall' and a short throw projection module would be built into the side of the device and could 'throw'an image onto it?

3. K1609843587233
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

4. gektor
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

gektor , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 5, 2021 :
    How many segments can be implemented and controlled individually? Is it possible to implement a pixel raster at the whole back of the phone, which can show simple pixel images, a clock, etc. and is user programmable via an app?

5. Lungjaoni
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

Lungjaoni , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Love to share if needed be
    1.Black with that back texture will be great , instead of Chrome or other color.
    2. OnePlus needed let's say fans or consumers needed compact design, why not we design and build something different than those products out there in market. (Lookwise)
    3. My choice is that I don't really like long rectangular camera setup Design better fall back to the original ( that's whar people knows 1+ )
    4. Let's not miss performance why just looks. That's what 1+ was , is , will be .
    5. Rules the markets 2021.
    [e]1f64f[/e]

6. Allan Sanders
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

7. N1523891297974
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

8. dnagpaldg
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 5, 2021

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 5, 2021

Venky61 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Thanks for the AMA
    Here are my questions
    @ZENG XI - Before the officially released 8Tconcept phone, how many prototypes have been created? Can you show a glimpse of them ;)

@Boris Yue How do you decide on which feature or design to work for the next concept phone and why specifically this feature for 8T?

@Hayden W. Really intrigued about the mmWave sensing... Can you throw some light on its potential for the smartphone industry in future?

@Kevin Tao Invisible battery cover does sound very exciting. Is there a limitation on the color of the glass to be used?

Yash Pratap Singh., otto2 and Dresa91 like this.
  10. Alexxxflash
    Eclair Jan 5, 2021

Alexxxflash , Jan 5, 2021 :
    How about using temperature sensitive colors on the back? By that you guys could realize a "kind of" transparent look, without making the phone actually transparent.
    I'm honest with y'all: I appreciate you trying new kinds of designs but I'm not too big of a fan of this swirly design on the back.
    I hope, wireless charging will be implemented and would love an under display front camera. But my biggest wish would be a 400$/€ version, because I won't buy a phone for 600+$/€ in the next 5 years.

11. apexCode
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

apexCode , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 5, 2021 :
    How about a smartphone with just NO front camera? Just sell a small attachable cam for those who may need it sometimes. I really don't use mine.

12. Taliamaria
    Donut Jan 5, 2021

Taliamaria , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Will you please consider a headphone jack, wireless headphones aren't the most reliable tech, not just in this device but in future devices?

PritishPriyam likes this.

13. kirrix
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

kirrix , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 5, 2021 :
    What really are the benefits of this in a phone compared to a power-saving set of LED notification lights and well-established motion sensors?

Is it cost? Is it space? Is it power consumption? Or is it just pretty?

otto2 likes this.
  14. Q1609848416317
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

15. kirrix
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

kirrix , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 5, 2021 :
    I think selfies are pretty important to your average user... as well as video calling, TikTok, face detection, etc

Star Cross and otto2 like this.
  16. KOOLblackKNIGHT
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

17. V1609848634073
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

V1609848634073 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Hi to all of the team, I love what OnePlus are doing to stand out from the rest of the mediocre brands and all at a more affordable price point. My question to all of you is how can you assure buyers that tend to hold on to a phone longer these days due to the present economic climate that there is enough future proofing built-in to keep their phone current for longer? Many thanks Calvin [e]1f44d[/e].