Check the answers of OnePlus 8T Concept AMA!

1. Y1579593466276
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

2. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 6, 2021

J4t1np4r3kh , Jan 6, 2021 :
    @Boris Yue

With the introduction of this technology to the OnePlus 8T, can we say something like this could be likely across other OnePlus products, such as the Buds, or even the charger adapters?

lividram likes this.
  3. lividram
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2021

lividram , Jan 6, 2021 :
    It looks kind of gaudy to me, but that is such a great and innovative idea! This technology is obviously raw and you'll need to put some time and thought to perfect it.

4. Amit.9784
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

Amit.9784 , Jan 6, 2021 :
    @ZENG XI
    Alike most of the people I also have question on oneplus 8T concept. I have a simple but important question regarding this concept .
    So my question is :
    1. Does this concept will require battery consumption or it is designed such that the material used in it would change colour by reflecting light as few other smartphone have.

2.And if it requires energy then how much it affect the battery backup of the smartphone

5. SRD.
    Lollipop Jan 6, 2021

SRD. , Jan 6, 2021 :
    Hi @Hayden W.

What is the most important challenge in realising the conceptual design to actual one.

What are the modification needed to the present version of OS ?

6. SRD.
    Lollipop Jan 6, 2021

SRD. , Jan 6, 2021 :
    My question for @ZENG XI , @Boris Yue & @Kevin Tao

1. From design point of view, What are the future possibilities of Reactive sensing technology ?
    Can it be used anywhere else except smartphones ?

Starcommander and Dresa91 like this.
  7. M1609960936193
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

8. Aanchal94 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Jan 6, 2021 :
    - Will the colour changing model be a limited edition??
    - What are the odds of the mmwave radar??
    -ECMF used in the phone could be used in the future to make a phone flash colors for an incoming call, as well as a breathing monitor, with the phone changing colors to register a user's breathing can that by any chance result to too much information or cyber security risk issues??

9. V1609985207314
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2021

V1609985207314 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Ok I miss the stylus.... Can you guys add a built in stylus to the phone a lot of users a very accustomed to being able to take notes on the fly or ignore certain things that we irrelevant at the moment. Please please [e]1f64f[/e] add a stylus.

10. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Jan 7, 2021

Nipu_1998 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    @Boris Yue : the notification led is a feature that the modern flagships lacks. Can this new technology be used as an alternative for the notification Led in the future oneplus devices?
    @ZENG XI : The Oneplus Gaudi projects looks interesting. What was the inspiration of this particular 8t concept?

11. SRD.
    Lollipop Jan 7, 2021

SRD. , Jan 7, 2021 :
    @ZENG XI - What are the future generation interactive designs are like. Is it more of a gesture control, Voice support, or something else ?

@Boris Yue - Before selecting a New innovation, what are the factors which are taken into account ?

Starcommander and Nipu_1998 like this.
  12. SRD.
    Lollipop Jan 7, 2021

SRD. , Jan 7, 2021 :
    @Hayden W. @Kevin Tao

How do you study the feasibility of a new concept which is planned to be introduced.
    What are the simulation softwares you use to ensure the possibility of realisation.

Starcommander and Nipu_1998 like this.
  13. H1610025769465
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2021

H1610025769465 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    I love the look of the 8t concept and it looks amazing would the design contain more colours also why didn't you go with the new flip phones like Samsung's new release thanks Paul

14. jfkrouling
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2021

jfkrouling , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Hello, I'm from Reus (Spain), the city where Gaudí was born and the birthplace of modernism. Have you been advised by any expert to highlight the essence of genius?

15. G_JP_Framework_uYsi , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Do you have a mock up we could see?

16. Loubear
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2021

Loubear , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Hey @Kevin Tao is there any chance this sort of tech could be applied to the front facing camera, underneath the screen. Thus eliminating a hole punch/notch whilst still retaining a full screen?

17. S_K_J
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2021

S_K_J , Jan 7, 2021 :
    @Boris Yue @ZENG XI
    I really liked the Oneplus 8T concept.
    I will surely suggest Oneplus to implement these revolutionary Technology in Oneplus 9 series (both 1+ 9 Nonpro & 9 Pro).
    A colour changing back with Matte finish in OnePlus 9 series will be absolutely next level.
    I also extremely request Oneplus 9 Product Team to try give QHD+ Flat BezelLess Display with extremely thin Bezels like Samsung S20 (push the Bezels further more) & very very Slightly Curved display to look BezelLess with Adaptive Refresh Rates in OnePlus 9 Nonpro. Please 🙏 I intensely & extremely request Oneplus to give this type of display in OnePlus 9 Nonpro model.[/USER]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021